The Unfortunates

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 4

Rita knew exactly who Rome was; she had researched him for the past few days, all about his family company to his very own profile. She was sort of shocked to find that he had his own fan website with all this information since he was just business owner. She had waited outside his company to see when he would come out so she could “accidentally” but into him. Now she’s sitting across from in one to fanciest restaurants. Rita looks around and notices that they were in a secluded booth, which was perfect to set her plan into motion.

Rome: So what are you thinking about? (admiring her beauty)

Rita: Oh, nothing. I was just wondering why you would take a girl like me to a fancy place like this.

Rome: Why not? A beautiful girl in a beautiful place.

Rita: I’m sure your girlfriend wouldn’t like it if you talked like that.

Rome (just remembering Ae): How did you know that I had a girlfriend?

Rita: A guy like you wouldn’t be single.

Rome: …

Rita: It’s okay, it’s not like we are going to hook up.

Rome: Oh. Well may I have your name at least?

Rita: We just met, I’m not sure if I should give out my name to you.

Rome: Please?

Rita: It’s Sririta Jensen.

Rome: Sririta, what a beautiful name.

Rita: I prefer Rita though; it was the nickname my brother gave me because he couldn’t say Sririta when he was little.

Rome: Do you still miss him?

Rita: Always. It feels empty without him.

They go on talking more about Mario, until Rome started asking about if Mario ever knew Taew. Rita avoided the question by switching the subject to talk about Rome. As time went on, the mood lightens up. For a moment, Rita felt relaxed and forgot about her revenge. After they finished, Rome offered to drop Rita off, but Rita insisted to take a taxi home because Rome has to work, he was sadden to go, but went.

Rita (smiling when she remembers Rome’s cute face right when she left): I’m home.

Pikut: Rita! Come quick right now, it’s your mother.

Rita runs to the bedroom and see her mother all wet and curled on the ground, holding a wrapped cloth in her arms.

Ren: Hush little baby don’t word, mama’s gonna buy you a mocking bird…

Pikut: I found her sitting in the bathtub, singing this song. I left her for a few minutes to cook her some food. Rita, come here and help me change your mother’s clothes before she gets sick.

Rita: Okay, umm, uhhhh.

She didn’t know what to do, seeing her mother lie there like that made her lost with words. Her fingers started to shake when trying to take off her mother’s clothes as she couldn’t control her tears from falling. Rita’s mother would keep hitting and biting them to push them away; Rita got scratched a few times and was pushed down where she hit her forehead on the dresser. After struggling for a long time, Ren finally tried herself out, by having no more strength to fight. Pikut steps out of the bedroom, with Rita following after him. He sat on the couch, and buried his face in his hands.

Pikut: I just don’t know what to do Rita. Your mother, she’s been like this for days. She should be better soon, right? I—I---I don’t know how long I can take this, it’s too much.

Rita: Dad, she’ll get better. It’s just that she’s taking Mario’s death really hard. Just give her time, have faith in her.

Pikut: My lovely daughter, you are so strong. Thank you. (kisses her forehead) I do not know what we did to deserve a wonderful daughter like you.

Rita: I should be thanking you both for raising me to be a daughter you both can be proud of.

A week later, Ren still did not get better, but just getting worse. She was not allowed to leave the house anymore due to the incidents she had outside. Pikut would watch Ren during the day while Rita works, then when Rita comes home, she watches her mother while her father goes work. A tiresome routine, but it had to be done. And every now and then, Ren would have ‘episodes’ where she would go on a rampage, breaking and attacking whoever she sees. A few times Rita would get injured, while the other times would be her father.

(crash)
Rita: What happened? (rushing inside her house)

Pikut: Nothing, your mother just dropped a plate.

Rita: Dad, what happened to your face, how did you get all these cuts?

Pikut: Nothing? Your mother just had an episode and overrated. She’s asleep now.

Rita: Here, let me clean those wounds. Dad, I don’t think you can go to work today.

Pikut: I must, for us. If we don’t, then we can lose everything.

Ren: It’s because of me right?

Rita: Mom.

Ren: I know. I know what’s happening, I’m sick aren’t I?

Rita: No, no you’re not. You’ll get better, it’s takes time.

Ren: Rita, no, I’m not getting better. Every day I’m getting sicker. In my mind all I can think about it my little boy Mario. You both can’t do this anymore, I don’t want to hurt you both anymore.

Rita: But mom, ---

Ren: No buts. I need to be in a place where I know I can’t harm you both. Please, do it for me Pikut.

Rita: Dad, you seriously can’t be thinking---

Pikut: You are my soul, my heart, my life. If you’re sick, then I am too. If you leave, I will too. Wherever you go, I will follow.

Ren: No. I—I---need to go. I can’t, can’t stay. Can’t stay anymore. No. No. Mario.

Rita and Pikut watches as Ren starts to lose grip with reality and go back to her state of mind. Pikut had made up his mind of putting Ren in a mental facility, he knows that they can take better watch of her while the right treatments and care she will get better. Rita could only watch and see her mother adapt to her new home, trapped in a room, alone. Soon his father worked non-stop to be able to get enough money to keep Ren in the place. Rita would come home just to see it empty, with no more laughter or joy.

------------------
Ae: Rome! Are you home?

Taew: Rome’s not home right now because he doesn’t want to see your face.

Ae: Lies. Rome is my boyfriend. We’ve been dating for 3 months now. All you are is his little sister.

Taew: My brother loves me more than he loves you. Now leave.

Ae: No. I’m going to wait here until Rome comes back.

Taew: Did you not hear what I said? LEAVE!

Ae: You listen to me. Once your brother and I get married, you will have to obey our rules. Now go bother someone else. Okay?

Taew: I will never let my brother marry you. You’re just in love with his money, just like the rest. But let me tell you something, my brother will never marry someone I don’t approve of, and I don’t approve of your to be his wife or his girlfriend.

Ae: I am also rich; I don’t need to your brother’s. We are in love, and he will not listen to you, because you can’t give him what others can.

Taew: Oh yeah, what’s that?

Ae: Only what a wife can give her husband.

Taew: AHHHHHHHHHHH! (covers her eyes)

Ae: Scream all you want, it won’t help you with anything.

Taew: No one will ever take my brother away from me. (slaps Ae’s face)

Ae: Ow. You b*tch! You’re going to pay for that.

Ae slaps Taew, she then responses with another slap. Soon they started pulling each other’s hair and screaming. And at the worst time, Rome arrives home, and sees Ae on top of his sister, slapping Taew left to right.

Rome: Ae! Stop!

Ae (getting off Taew): Rome, it’s not what it looks like. Your sister started this.

Taew (gets up and runs towards Rome. She wraps her arms around him): Rome. That mean lady started beating me up. I didn’t do anything wrong, all I did was told her nicely to leave. Look at my face, it’s all red and bruised.

Rome: Ae, she’s just a child. I didn’t think you would be like this.

Ae: I’m not. Listen to me Rome, she started this whole thing. Don’t listen to her.

Taew: Rome, it hurts. Tell her to leave; I don’t want to be hurt anymore. I’m scared.

Rome: I’m sorry Ae, but I have to ask you to leave.

Ae: Are you serious Rome? You’re choosing your sister over me? I guess she’s right about you, you will always listen to her, never being able to make your own choices.

Rome: It’s not like that, just---I’ll talk to you later.

Ae: When you do, I hope you are in the right mind, otherwise don’t talk to me anymore.

Ae stomps off, while Taew is still snuggled in her brother’s arms smiling. “No one will get in the way of my brother and me.”

-------------

Ae: WHAT?! You’re dumping me? Why?

Rome: Ae, I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s working between us. And what happened today just reinforced my decision.

Ae: This is because of your sister?

Rome: No.

Ae: No one dumps Ae Issariya, no one. You’re just stressed from work, yes, that’s it. And you’re not thinking straight right now. So, let’s just start over, okay? I’m sorry for hurting your sister, there. Now we can start where we left off.

Rome: I’m sorry but we can’t. It’s not you, it’s me. I like someone else.

Ae: What? First of all, you did not just use that line on me. That is one of the worst break-up lines ever. Secondly, who is the b*tch that you like? How can she be better than me? Or is it that you’re gay?

Rome: Ae, calm down. I’m not gay. The person I like is sweet, smart, funny, nice, beautiful, lovely, adorable, …

Ae: Ahhh! Don’t talk about this girl in front me. Tell me, what’s the whore’s name? I want to know who is the person who stole my boyfriend.

Rome: I’m sorry. Take care. Bye.

Ae: What? You’re leaving? You don’t leave Ae, Ae leaves you. This isn’t over Rome Patchata, this isn’t the last you heard of me. I’ll make you come crawling back to me, just you wait.

And overhearing this conversation was a woman sitting across the table with the menu covering her face. Right when Rome left, she sets the menu on the table and smiles to herself, then gets up to leave.

Rome takes a deep breath, relieved that he’s not going behind Ae’s back nor cheating on her for liking someone else. He begins to walk out the restaurant when he bumps into someone.

Rome: I’m sorry. It’s you.

Rita: Yes. I guess we always seem that we keep bumping into each other.

Rome: Yes, maybe it’s fate.

Rita (avoiding his eyes): Ummm, so you were having dinner here too?

Rome: Yes, well no, not technically, maybe, I don’t know. (Rita lets out a giggle) What about you?

Rita: Me? Oh, I was meeting a friend here, but they called and cancelled last minute. So I’m about to go back home.

Rome: It’s still pretty early, and I didn’t eat anything yet. Would you like to join me in dinner?

Rita: Are you sure? Wouldn’t your girlfriend mind?

Rome: Ummm we just broke up recently. I’m officially single.

Rita: I’m still not sure. Maybe some other time.

Rome: Please? (puppy eyes)

Rita: Oh, alright.

Rome lead her to his car, opens it up and as he closes her door, he walks to the driver’s side with a great big smile on his face. He drove Rita to not a fancy or beautiful restaurant, but a small vendor. Rome had a hidden agenda with this, and this will see if Rita will pass the first test or not.

Rita: Are we eating here?

Rome: Yes. Why? Do you not like it?

Rita: No, I love eating here. My family and I use to come and eat here usually every Friday.

Rome: Really?

He saw her eyes light up as she walked up to the vendor and started ordering her food. Rome was glad to see Rita so happy, and was also happy that Rita passed the first test, she wasn’t one of those girls who are into fancy restaurants or expensive things or pretending to enjoy this just to be with him for his money.

While eating, Rita kept slurping her noodles, eating like a totally slob. She didn’t care, eating like that reminded her of how things use to be. Rome just watched on, smiling how beautiful Rita even while eating like a slob. After Rita finished her noodles, she brought the bowl up to her mouth and drank all the liquid in there. When she finished, she slammed the bowl on the bowl and let out a satisfying sigh. Rome looked up and started laughing.

Rita: What? What’s wrong?

Rome: You got a little something on your lips.

Rita: Here? Here? (trying to wipe it off)

Rome: No. Here, let me wipe it.

He grabs his napkins, leans over, and wiped Rita’s lips. He was just inches away from her face. He stops wiping, and turns his gaze to Rita’s eyes. She was looking down the whole time, but when Rome stopped, she looked up to find herself in a locked gaze with him. Rome begins to slowly lean in more, bending closer to kiss Rita. Then right before their lips touched, the phone rings.

TBC

Thanks you all for reading this. This update is an okay one, but I hope you enjoyed it.

Spoilers:
Tye comes to see Rita, but bumps into Yard.
Taew and Rita meet once again.
Rita finds her father drunk.
More of Mario’s letters.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Taew is such a bitch!!!!! Hmm... Ae doesn't seem like a badperson. Can't believe Rome just broke up with her like that just cause he doesn't want to feel guilty for liking someone else? Uh oh.. I can see a lot of trouble. Girls on a rampage!

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
"You don’t leave Ae, Ae leaves you. " For some reason I want to laugh at this line. I like how the story's going. I can't wait to see what happens next.

meown

sarNie Egg
I can't wait to see mario letters! And you make me hates Taew...Hahaha...

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 5

Rita turns her head and pushes Rome back. Rome excused himself and took the phone call.

Rome: Hello Taew. What’s wrong?

Taew: My heel broke off, and I need to buy a new pair of shoes.

Rome: Then why don’t you?

Taew: I wanted you to take me.

Rome: I’m kind of busy right now, how about later?

Taew: No. I need to go right now. Rome please.

Rome (looks over at Rita who was sitting at the table looking so embarrassed): I’m sorry Taew, not this time, I have something important right now.

Taew: AHhhhhhhhhhhhh! (click) Hello? Rome? Hello? OMG! He hung up on me.

Rome walks back to the table and gives a small smile to Rita.

Rome: Sorry about that interruption. So what do you want to do now?

Rita: I don’t know. Are you sure you’re not busy?

Rome: No, why would you say that? The phone call was just my sister, it was a shoe problem, that’s all. But back to what I was saying, where would you like to go next?

Rita: Hmmm, I really want to see snow, I love snow in America, but it doesn’t snow here.

Rome: Well, what if I took you to watch a movie for now, and we can talk about the snow thingy later.

Rita nodded. She was enjoying her time with Rome, but her head would keep reminding herself that this isn’t going to last forever, that Rome is just being used to get back at Taew. They went to watch “Mall Cop,” Rita could not stop laughing, and Rome would love to look over and see her enjoying herself. This was the first time she felt truly happy after Mario’s death and her mother’s admission in the facility. After the movie, Rome offered to take Rita home. He stopped in front of her house, and there was a long pause between them.

Rita: Uhh, thanks for tonight. It was fun. I enjoyed it.

She was about to get out of the car, when Rome reached out for her arm.

Rome: Wait. Ummm, when will I see you again?

Rita: I don’t know. Whenever.

Rome: Tomorrow then? I really want to see you again.

Rita: We’ll see. Goodnight. Bye.

Before Rome could say another word, Rita closed the door, and ran towards her door. She waved to Rome and disappeared into her house. Rome laughed at himself, and can’t believe that he likes a girl this much, he never felt like this about any girl before. After a while, he finally realizes that he’s still in front of her house, and then leaves. Rita who was inside, smiled to herself, knowing that she already got Rome in the palm of her hands.

-----------------

Taew: Rome! You’re finally home. It’s 10 o’clock already, we won’t be able to go to my store to buy my shoes. What did you have to do that you couldn’t come home? Who were you with? Was it that Ae girl? Rome, answer me.

Rome: Taew, I’m sorry. I’m a grown man, and I had something to do tonight. We can buy your shoes tomorrow okay. Good night.

Taew: Rome! What’s gotten into you? You’re going to leave me here? Rome! I’m talking to you. Argh.

Rome walks into his room, and just plops himself on his bed. “Sririta” He lets out a happy sigh and closed his eyes and instantly fell asleep thinking about her.

-----------------

Taew: Oh my god. So my brother totally dissed me yesterday. I had such a major emergency, my heel broke. And he didn’t come help me because he said he had something to do. Who is more important than me? Then when he DID come home, he didn’t even talk to me like he always did. Something happened to him, and this isn’t the first time either. Remember when I told you both about that b*tch stealing my top, well Rome didn’t do anything about it either. Ugh.

Pim: Maybe your brother is in love?

Taew (hits Pim): No stupid. My brother never falls in love because he’s too good. He will marry whoever my mom and dad decided for him. Don’t ever say that.

Nam: Taew, just consider what Pim said. What if your brother met someone?

Taew: Never. All I know is that this girl named Ae is his girlfriend. But I don’t have any hope for her since Rome doesn’t really love her, because I can tell. But there’s something, and I need to find out what. Right now though, I need to find a new pair of shoes.

Taew goes into the store, followed by her two friends. She rushes to the cutes pink heels she ever saw. Just as she’s about to grab it, someone snatches it anyways from her.

Taew: Who dares to steal my shoe?

Rita: Oh, this is yours? I saw it, and thought it would cute on my dog.

Taew: Give me back my shoe now!

Rita: I can’t. It’s mine now. Too bad, you’re too slow.

Taew: That’s it. Prepared to get hurt you b*tch. Nam! Pim! Beat her up!

Nam: Taew, we can’t. What if the police come and arrest us?

Pim: Yeah Taew. I can’t go to jail. Pretty girls like us won’t last in jail. You do it Taew.

Taew: Ahhh. You just insulted me. (whacks Pim) Useless. Fine, I’ll do it myself.

Rita: Sorry, but I don’t fight little girls.

Taew speed walks to Rita and slaps her in the face. She gives a smirk with satisfaction written all over her face. Just as Taew turns around and walks towards her friends, Rita throws the shoes at the back of Taew’s head.

Taew: You dare throw these shoes at me?

She picks them up and throws them at Rita, but Rita moved before she could get hit. The shoes then hit another woman who was shopping there. Angry, that lady picked up a pair of shoes and aims it at Taew. Taew ducks and they hit Pim in face. Pim, who was angry, picks up some shoes and starts throwing them. One of the pairs hit another shopper, who was having a bad day already. She in turn picks some shoes and they missed Pim but hits Nam. Suddenly shoes were being thrown everywhere, and the whole store was going in chaos. Taew was getting hit left and right with different pairs of shoes, while Rita had already left the store before anyone could notice her. Just as the police arrive, Rita walks off with a smile on her face for a job well done. And long after, there were cameras and news reporters pressed against the store window trying to make a story of this.

---------------

New Anchor: If you want to have a fight, have a shoe fight. Taew Patchata, daughter of Mr. Tok Patchata, owner of one of the largest corporation of hotel chains, has been arrested for public disturbances in the store in the Bangkok Mall. Sources say that Ms. Patchata and her friends started throwing shoes in the store. Many were injured, but no more charges have been made against Ms. Patchata. Witnesses say that Ms. Patchata was the starter in the shoe throwing and will have to pay up to $2000 for damages in the store. No comment from the Patchata party as of right now. But many say that this type of a behavior will have consequences for the Patchata Corporation. More of this at 10 p.m. In other news, the investigation of the------ (click)

Tok: Have you any idea what this can do to me Rome?

Rome: I know dad, but I don’t know who to fix it.

Tok: You are supposed to watch over your little sister, and now this happens. I have already been getting calls for partners saying that they are not sure of investing anymore with us, if the future of this corporation is going to be in the hands of a girl like that. I can’t have that happened in my company. You and Taew are going to take over this company after I retire, but how can I leave if her behavior is acting like a child.

Rome: I’ve talked to her, she said that it wasn’t her fault and someone else started this.

Tok: And you believe her?

Rome: She’s my sister, so of course I do. Dad, take it easy. I’ll handle this alright. Go home and rest, I’m positive this will all be over soon, in a week or two, there will be other news about a different rich kid. You know that the news like to make stories about us.

Tok: I guess you’re right. Go bail out your sister and we’ll talk more at home.

Rome: Okay.

-----------------

Taew: Finally, you know how long I had to be in there, it was so filthy. And they took my purse away from me too. Let me tell you Rome, I’m going to find that b*tch and make her pay for making look bad.

Rome: Let’s just drop it okay? Do it for me. And dad is not happy about your behavior either, he’s afraid that the partners will leave our company due to your behavior, and this is not the first time either.

Taew: I know. But I don’t care about the company; I just want to have fun. I’m still young Rome. Can’t I have some fun? Can you not take me home? I have to meet Nat soon, he’s going to take me dancing.

Rome: Not tonight.

Taew: Rome, please. You always let me go. Why are you being so different all of the sudden? Pim and Nam said that it’s because you’re in love and that whore is changing you, but I told them that you wouldn’t do that to me.

He was silent. Was Taew right? Was he falling in love with Sririta already? He shook his head and smile. Taew looked at her brother was hurt that he didn’t even answer her. She made up her mind that she will have to stop Rome’s relationship with Ae before it’s too late, and this wasn’t the first time either. Also she had to find that girl at the store, Taew felt that she remember her from somewhere, but can’t remember. Usually unimportant people are forgotten right after she meets them, but this girl…

-------------------

Rita: I’m home. Dad, are you home? Dad?

She walks in and sees that the house was in disarray. Thinking that her house had just been ransacked by burglars, she grabs a pan from the kitchen and goes around the house to find her father. She goes to her parent’s bedroom, finding her father lying on the bed with a bottle of beer in his hand. He looked so beat up and drenched with alcohol.

Rita: Dad, what happened?

Pikut: Rita, is that you sweetie? Go buy me some more beers for your dear old dad, would ya?

Rita: But dad, you don’t drink.

Pikut: Not anymore. I decided that I’ve been missing out on life. Alcohol is the only thing that can take away my pain, even if it’s for a little while. Your mother, she---I forgot. Mario was----what was it? I don’t remember anymore.

Rita: Dad, how long---

Pikut: Shhhh. Too many questions at once.

Rita: Did you make the mess outside?

Pikut: (snickers) No. I was just trying to find the door, but lost my balance. Now shhhhhh. I’m tired, go to sleep.

Rita: It’s only 5 p.m.

Pikut: Don’t argue with me! Go! Leave! (slaps Rita) Oh, sweetie, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hit. Sorry. I don’t know what I’m doing; Just leave me before I hurt you.

Rita gets up and heads for the door, she takes one last look at her dad just to see a pitiful man with his face buried in his face, crying. Her eyes then gazed at the beer bottle that was now on the floor. Has her father been pushed to the edge to resort to drinking? Her family has now been broken.

She closes the door, and instantly falls to her knees. She didn’t want to cry in front of her father, she wanted to put up a strong front, but the second after she looked away, she couldn’t stop the tears from falling. Her heart was breaking, what did her family do to deserve this kind of fate?

After hours of sitting there, Rita finally managed to pick herself up and start cleaning up her house. She picks up a picture frame of her family looking happy. Rita wishes to turn back time and to go back to that moment.

-------------------

Rome: Please let me see her today. Please let me see her today.

Taew: See who?

Rome: Taew. No one, just you.

Taew: You’re lying to me Rome. Tell me who this girl is? Is it that Ae girl? Or is it Yard? Remember that you and Yard can never be together.

Rome: Taew, Yard is my best friend, nothing more. And don’t talk about her so lowly.

Taew: Why can’t I? She owes us so much, it’s not my fault that she had to borrow our money, and since she’s still in debt, I can say or do anything to her if I want.

Rome: Why can’t you grow up and see that money isn’t everything?

Taew: Ah ha. So it is Yard that you like. I knew that witch was going to try to make you fall in love with her just so then she can take our money and not pay us back. Okay, fine, if you are with Yard, I’ll just have to tell Ae and we’ll see who’s going to win. I will never let you end up with someone like them.

Rome: Taew! Stop! Don’t talk about Yard or Ae like that. For the last time, Yard is nothing more than a friend, she doesn’t want our money, she’s not like that.

Taew: Everyone is like that. Don’t say I didn’t warn you, that girl is just your friend because of your money, and when you run out, she’ll leave you for someone else. Just wait and see.

Rome: I’m leaving. I will not have you talk bad about my friends like that, when you disrespect them, you are disrespecting me.

Taew: Rome! Stop! Don’t go, I’m just warning you! I do it because I care about you! Rome! Argh. Yard. Ae. Ae. Yard. Whoever it is, I will make sure they will never go near my brother anymore.

------------

Airport.

Tye: Hello Rita? Hey, just where I am? Thailand! I’m here to come visit you. Same house? Okay, I’ll be there in a few minutes. Bye.
---
Yard: Ah, I’m going to be yelled at, I forgot which one she’s on. Man, why didn’t May remind me which gate she was coming from?

As Yard was going in circles trying to find her friend May, who was arriving from America. She didn’t look where she was going and bumped into someone.

Yard: I’m so sorry. I didn’t see where I was going. Are you okay? Sorry, but I have to go. Bye. Again, I’m so sorry.

Before Tye could say anything, the girl left. He was on his butt, staring at the direction she ran off to, thinking she was an odd-ball for apologizing so much.

Yard finally found May. She was so exhausted, but offered to carry May’s bags for her. May had been Yard’s childhood friend who went to live in America ten years ago. After May left, Yard became friends with Rome, due to circumstances. Yard was excited that May will be staying here now, she will finally have someone she can tell her secrets to that she can’t tell Rome. And hopefully May won’t fall in love with Rome either.

Yard went to call for a taxi to come while May went to go make a phone call to her family to tell them that she arrived. When the cab finally came, right before Yard could reach for the door handle, some guy’s hand reached to open it.

Yard: Hey! I got this taxi first, go get your own.

Tye: First come, first serve.

Yard: Oh it’s you.

Tye: Do I know you?

Yard: At first I thought it was my fault that I bumped into you earlier, but I guess you deserved it.

Tye: So that was you?

Yard: Yes. And if I were to do it again, I would. Now get your hands off of my cab.

Tye: I don’t see your name on it, so that means it’s not yours but everyone’s.

Yard: You…you…are you going to let go or no?

Tye: No.

Yard starts kicking him to let go. Tye holds onto the handle for support, not letting go. Yard then uses her body to push him, using all her strengthen to make him let go. Both of them pushing and shoving each other, causing people to crowd around them. The driver was getting on his last nerve, he has to make money to support his family, so he doesn’t have time for this. May finally comes out, and makes her way through the crowd.

May: Yard? Tye?

Yard & Tye: May?

They both looked at each other, wondering how they know May. Both looking confused, they didn’t realize that they let go of the taxi’s door and that someone else had gotten inside.

May: Tye, I didn’t know that you were here. Do you two know each other?

Tye: May, I thought you were still in America.

Yard: (walking over to May, whispers in her ear) May, you know this guy?

May: Yard, this is my ex-boyfriend, Tye. Tye, this is my friend Yard.

Yard: This guy was your boyfriend. (having a disgusted look on her face and pointing at Tye.)

Tye: Don’t give me that look, you monkey-face.

Yard: Monkey-face? Well you look like a dog.

May: Yard! (Yard was going to say more, but kept her mouth shut for May.) Tye, I didn’t even know that you were coming back. Why didn’t you tell me?

Tye: Oh, I came for Rita. Her brother died a few weeks ago, and I’m here to see how she is, and plus I’m moving back here now that I’m done with school.

May: I heard. She didn’t even show up for the graduation ceremony. So you’re here to stay? I’m going to be here for a couple of months, we must hang out some time. Okay?

Tye: Sure. Just make sure you don’t bring your monkey-face friend here.

Yard: You want to go? I can take you. (showing her fist, but May stops her before Yard was going to hit Tye.) You’re lucky May’s here or else you would have gotten punched.

Tye: Like I would get hit by a weakling like you.

Yard: Why you.

This time, May wasn’t strong enough to pull Yard back. Yard’s fist came into full contact to Tye’s face. Right after the blow, he fell to the ground. Pedestrians pointed and laughed at Tye. Tye, who just lose his pride by getting by a girl, stood up, brushed the dirt off his pants, and pointed at Yard.

Tye: You’re going to get monkey girl. You’re lucky that I don’t hit girls.

Yard: Really? You probably couldn’t even hit anything, you little baby. And you are the lucky one, lucky that I didn’t hit you with my full power.

May: Yard let’s go now before you get into trouble. What if aunt and uncle heard about this, you will get into trouble. Sorry Tye, but we have to go. I apologize for my friend’s behavior. I’ll see you later.

May pulls Yard and started walking away from Tye, who had his hand where Yard punched him. He could hear Yard complaining to May, “Why are you apologizing to him? He should apologize to me. If he didn’t try to steal our cab, we would have been home by now. If you didn’t stop me, I would have hit him 10x as hard. He deserves it.”

Tye: Yard, we will meet again. This is not over.

He tried to look tough, but the girls who were walking passed him, chuckled knowing he just got punched by a girl. Embarrassed, Tye bent his head down, and hiding his face with his hand.

-----------------
(Author’s note: I’ll be ending some of updates with a letter that Mario wrote that Rita found)

Rita,

I do not know how else to express what I’m feeling, but I love this girl. She is so wonderful, even though I just met her today.

We just met each other at school in the library. I would spend most of my time in the library because no one wanted to be friends with a poor kid at our school. But there she was, trying to get a book off the top shelf. She couldn’t reach for it, so I went over to get the book for her. It was instant chemistry between us. We started talking, and she seems to really like me. The problem was that I didn’t tell her that I wasn’t rich, but I don’t think that it’s a big deal. I can’t wait to see her again tomorrow.

Like the great Dr. Seuss says: “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

Her smile, her laughter, her face. Everything about her is entrancing. I don’t even want to go to sleep because I want to keep replaying the same scene over and over. I don’t want to wake to find out that it was just all a dream, because she looked like an angel that was sent from above. She’s the only one who has ever made me feel this way. I already love her.

TBC

Spoilers of what’s to come:
Rome longs to meet Rita, and he will finally get a chance to.
Tye tells Rita that he still loves her, and will help her in whatever way he can.
Tye, May, and Yard all meet up again. (more about Yard’s background)
Taew and Nat will get into trouble. More headlines about her that will make Rome disappointed in her.
Ae tries to come up with a plan to win Rome back.
Rita’s father will fall deep in downward spiral, he decides to leave Rita.

“My life is like this because of you. You will pay for ruining my family.”

“I can give you the world if you ask for it. You name it, and I will give it to you.”

“You! Why are you here?”

Mario: Everything in the world has a price.

lady0fdarkness

thanks for the update RR... omg.. I'm so disgusted with Taew. A broken shoe is an emergency??? What a spoiled arrogant bitch!!!!!!! I hope she gets stranded on an island or something.. let's see if she'll be worrrying about her shoe then.

transcend89

sarNie Adult
major thanks for the update love almost every moment of it except spoil taew's part :) so sad for rita losing her family like that and her father slapped her oh just too sad

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 6 (Part 1)

Yard: I’m so happy that you are here May. It’s been so long, everything changed so I want to take you out to see all the sights. Where do you want to start? The museum? The amusement park? Our old school? Or maybe the park we use to play at when we were little? Or---

May: Yard, stop. Don’t worry, we will get to do all of that, remember I’m going to be here for a few months. Right now I want to go to the hotel and get some rest. I have a major jet lag.

Yard: Okay. But tomorrow we will do all of that, okay?

May: Yes, yes. Now, why don’t you tell me when I’m going to meet this ‘Rome’ guy? You write about him almost all the times we sent e-mails. Pictures are nice, but I want to see him person.

Yard: Uhhh, soon. I haven’t told him about you coming back yet. He’s been really busy lately so yeah. Anyways May, who was that guy back there? Your ex-boyfriend? You never told me about him.

May: Well, we use to go out, after he dated this girl named Rita, the one whose brother passed away. Well, things were going fine, until one day, he just dumped me. He told me that he was still in love with Rita, and he didn’t want to keep dating me if he had these feelings for her. And I thought I got over him, except, seeing him again, it brought back some memories.

Yard: Do you still love him?

May: Sort of. But I don’t want it to be a one-sided love, life’s too short to keep waiting for someone who probably won’t notice you anyways.

May’s words hit Yard hard. She wondered if her love for Rome was only one-sided, especially since Rome never told her that he wanted to be more than friends. May had fallen asleep during the ride to the hotel, so this gave Yard more time to think about her situation with Rome. Yard had pictured everything with Rome, being married, having kids, growing old, but maybe it was just a silly dream she had. Her heart ached knowing that his family will never approve of her, she wasn’t worthy, and so all she COULD be and all she WILL be would be his friend. It’s been 10 years now, and still she hasn’t had the courage to tell Rome how she feels, in fear that it will ruin their relationship. With a heavy sigh, Yard decided not to think about it anymore and focused on how make May’s stay fun.

-------------------

Tye: I’m here Rita.

Rita: That was 45 minutes, I thought you said that you were coming in 10 minutes?

Tye: I was, but you will not believe who I saw at the airport?

Rita: Who? Some famous actor or actress. Was it Andrew Gregson? I heard that he’s back in show-business, it’s been so long. I wonder how he looks like now, he’s still probably in good shape, he’s still cute probably, or did he----

Tye: No. What are you talking about Rita? Andrew Gregson? No, I saw May Kilmatnee, my old girlfriend.

Rita: Oh, the one after you and I dated. How is she? She was so nice, I can’t believe that you broke up with her.

Tye: I had my reasons.

Rita: And there were?

Tye: It’s a secret. Anyways enough about that right now, how are you holding up with everything?

Rita: Well now that Mario’s gone, my mom got admitted into a mental facility, and my dad has resorted to drinking. So I don’t know what to feel right now.

Tye: Come here, remember that I will be here for you.

He gives her a hug, Rita felt happy knowing that she was not alone in this world. Tye has always been such a great friend to her, she wouldn’t know what to do if he wasn’t there in America. After talking for awhile, Tye had to go home, leaving Rita to wonder what she will do. Now that her father stopped going to work, her job right now will not be enough to pay for the house and her mother’s admission, she had to find another job. Suddenly a brilliant idea popped in head, and a smile lit up Rita’s face.

---------------------

Ae: Taew, Taew, Taew. It’s all because of his little sister that I’m not with Rome. All I need to do is take her out of the picture, and then Rome will be as good as mine. Taew just messed with b the wrong girl.

Ae’s mother: Ae, you just focus on getting Rome, let mommy handle the rest. I won’t let anyone stand in the way of our riches.

Ae: Thanks mom. I know that once I get Rome in a room, he won’t be able to resist me.

---------------------

Rome’s secretary (over the intercom): Excuse me Mr. Patchata, you have a visitor. She says that she is here for a job interview.

Rome: Tell her that we are not hiring right now.

Secretary: Okay. She told to me tell you that it’s okay and then gave me a note that says Ms. Rita Jensen said hi.

Rome: Wait! Send her in.

Secretary: I think that she already left for the elevator. I can try to go stop her.

Rome: No, I’ll do it myself.

Rome dashes out of his seat and races to open his door. Rita was walking towards the elevator.

Rita: 5..4..3...2…1—

Rome: Rita! Wait!

Rita: Oh, hi Rome.

Rome (trying to catch his breath): Did—you—just come to—see me?

Rita: It was just silly but I was going to see if you had a job opening, but I guess not. Better luck next time. (DING) The elevator is here, I’ll see you next time then.

Rome: No, wait. (pulls her out of the elevator before it closes.) I been thinking about seeing you again, and now that you are here, I don’t want to miss this opportunity. Why don’t you just come into my office and we can talk about your application. Please.

Rita: Alright. But I don’t want you to hire me just because you know me, I want you to hire me because of my skills.

Rome: Deal. Here, let me carry those papers for you.

Rita: They’re not that heavy—

Rome: I just want to carry them for you.

Rita smiled at Rome’s childish ways, he made it seem like they were in grade school where the boy would carry all the books. Once they got into the office, Rome sat in behind his desk in a big black leather chair, while Rita sat straight across him in one of the most comfortable chair she ever sat in. She could just fall asleep that instant, sleep, something she didn’t get much of because she was be too worried about her father since he would come home really late at night. Rome’s voice interrupted her thoughts.

Rome: So, I see that you majored in business and minor in marketing.

Rita: Yes I did. I always liked the aspects of business.

Rome: The rest of your resume seems good. All I have to do is make some calls and cross check your references, and I can tell you by tomorrow if you’re hired or not.

Rita: So that means I will have to meet up tomorrow?

Rome: Yes.

Part 2 Will Be Updated Later ^^

fun

Expired Sarnie
i finally caught up! rita luring rome into her hand *muahahaha!*

it is just too cute even though rita using him for revenge. and that taew uh! a pair of shoes lol... spoiled rotten girls.

i cant wait for more rteam!

lady0fdarkness

Rita's getting her foot in little by little.. now she gets to work with Rome! :D Taew better watch her spoiled ass out. She got Rita and Ae coming after her. Hehehe!! good update RR. :D

transcend89

sarNie Adult
lol mentioning andrew...great update...rita's plans have set in motion and it's going to be a fun sad ride can't wait

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
A shoe fight? That sounds like it hurt. The last part where Rome pulls Rita out of the elevator, I could see it in slow motion. Keep it coming!

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
Just got caught up with all of the updates. Took me a while but it was so worth it. Lol. Taew is such a freaking spoiled brat and a girl who has no heart at all. Care bout no one, or anything except herself. IDK, how Rome can stand her. Taew's character is getting on my last nerves now. Lol. Mario, killed himself over a girl. That's not even worth it at all. I feel bad for Rita's family. It's so sad how her parents ended up like since after Mario's death. Rome, he is so in love with Rita!!! Love their cute scenes. Out together, having lunch and dinner. Him taking her home and always hoping to see her real soon. Rita's got everything working out the way she wanted. Yard and Tye, love their characters towards each other. Yard beating up Tye kinda reminds me of how she fights in Sai Seub Delivery. Lol.

Tye: Don’t give me that look, you monkey-face.
Monkey face! Lmao. Gawsh, that reminds me of my cousin's ex gf. That's what we called her. One of my aunt's friend said she looks like a gorilla out of no where. It was hilarious. So I decided to changed it to just monkey face. The girl's name never seem to come out of our mouth right. Lol. Mean huh?! LOL.

Great updates RR!!!​

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Monkey face! Lmao. Gawsh, that reminds me of my cousin's ex gf. That's what we called her. One of my aunt's friend said she looks like a gorilla out of no where. It was hilarious. So I decided to changed it to just monkey face. The girl's name never seem to come out of our mouth right. Lol. Mean huh?! LOL.

Great updates RR!!!
LOL, that's mean yet funny. Yeah sometimes my mom can't remember someone's name so they start deciding them and it's really funny. But usually we get who she's talking about ahaha.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for reading this and all your nice comments :D

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Chapter 6 (Part 2) –Mostly about Yard’s background and her life in the beginning of this update.

Rita walked out of the office smiling to herself, feeling happy that her mother will still be taken care of. She hasn’t seen her mother for days now, she really miss seeing her mother’s face and her laughter and her cooking and mostly her presence.

----------

May: Tye you better come meet me at the new restaurant called “Luigi’s.” I except you to be here in 10 minutes, or else. (click)

Yard (coming back to the table): Who were you talking to May?

May: No one, I just called someone that’s all.

Yard: Okay, well anyways I have our whole day plan. First we eat here, and then we go to the mall for you to shop until you drop since I know how much you love shopping.

May: Yard, there’s something I want to tell you---

Yard: Hmmm?

May: I invited T—

Tye: I’m here May. I came as fast as I could. Oh, I see that you’re not alone.

Yard: You! Why are you here?

May: Well actually, I wanted to tell you, I wanted to spend some time catching up with Tye. Don’t worry we will get a chance to hang out, except I have something to talk to Tye about.

Yard: You’re ditching me for him? (has a disgusted look on her face as she points to Tye)

May: I’m sorry Yard, I hope you understand. (as Tye was laughing at Yard)

Yard: Yeah, why wouldn’t I? You’re my best friend, we have ton of time to spend together, so you two have fun. Oh look at the time, I guess I should go, since we don’t have plans anymore, I will go home. Bye May and ‘guy.’

Tye watched Yard leave in a hurry, and felt happy that he beat her today. When he turned his attention to May, the mood all change. May sat Tye down and ordered some pizza for them to eat.

Yard started walking to the bus stop, but she looked in her purse and noticed she didn’t have enough money to even take the bus home, so that meant she would have to walk all the way home. The weather wasn’t that bad, and she thought it would be a great time to get some exercise too. She wanted to make the most of this as she starts singing to herself.

*flashback (10 Years Ago)

Young Yard: Pueng Roo…Wah Ruk Tur…

Yard and her older sister, Nam, were walking home from the bus stop. They were laughing and smiling. But their happiness was interrupted as they stopped in front of the house and saw a big moving truck with big strong men taking their sofas and stuff. They looked at each other in complete shock. They could see their mother begging them to stop and their father instructing the men to place them gentle in the truck. They both rush over to their mother.

Young Yard: Mom, what’s going on? Why are all these people here?

Yard’s mom: Your father, he…that bastard.

Their mother couldn’t say anymore as her mother broke down cry. Nam, stayed with their mom as Yard runs over to her older brother, Thun, who was just standing and watching as their stuff was getting taken away.

Yard: Thun, what’s going on? Why are they taking our stuff?

Thun: Yard, dad, he lied to us. He has a mistress and a child with her, now he decides that he’s going to live with them now. He doesn’t care about us anymore. Mom, just found out today when his mistress called our house and mom picked up.

Yard: That’s a lie. You’re lying. (laughing it off) If this is a joke that everyone is in on, it’s not funny.

Thun: I’m not lying, this is no joke. Dad’s going to take everything he has and bringing it over to her house. He already took out all the money and transferred it into the mistress’ account so we can’t get it back. He didn’t even deny it either, I was there when he told mom that he has been with her since Pit (their younger brother, 5 at the time) was born. The affair has been going on for this long.

Yard: Dad wouldn’t do that. He loves us. He wouldn’t hurt us like this, he just wouldn’t.

Thun: If you don’t believe me, then ask him yourself, he’s right there.

Yard walks over to her father, who notices her immediately, his youngest daughter. He stopped what he was doing and stood there waiting for Yard to say something.

Yard: It’s not true what they said, right dad? You wouldn’t do that to us. I know you wouldn’t do it, you love us, so you wouldn’t hurt us like this.

Yard’s dad: Yard, I’m sorry.

Yard: What’s there to be sorry about? It’s all a lie. You wouldn’t do it, you just wouldn’t. It’s not true. (shaking her head no, tears on the brink of falling)

Yard’s dad wrapped his arms around his daughter and hugged her, and at that moment, Yard realized that it wasn’t just a lie or a joke, but it was real. She pushed her dad away and ran into the house. She didn’t want to see people to see her cry, she was always the strong one in the family so crying would make her weak. Yard ran to her room, only to find that her bed was no longer there, nor was her desk or dresser. All her clothes had been thrown in a pile and all her book were everywhere on the floor. She closed the door behind her and falls down, crying her eyes out. Was her father this greedy, to even take her bed and desk? Did he really need them? Her heart was breaking, knowing her family was now broken.

Two months later after her father took everything in the house over to his new wife’s house, Yard and her family finds out that their father didn’t pay for the bills last months, and since they couldn’t pay for this month’s bill because her mother’s paycheck wasn’t enough, they were kicked out to live in a one-bedroom apartment. Thun was going to finish school and wanted to go to college, so he decided to side with their father for the money. So the only ones left were her, Nam, Yim (Yard’s other younger brother), Pit, and her mother. Nam had been focusing so much on school, Yim and Pit were still too young, and so Yard had to take care of them for the time being. Yard knew that she couldn’t do all by herself, and with no one to talk to about this since May had left for America a few months before the incident, she had to beg her mother to help find anyway for them to live because they are being hounded by loan-sharks and creditors almost everyday.

Yard had to find a way, and as luck had it, her co-worker knew of the Patchata family. There was an arrangement made to see, there she had asked the Patchata’s family for a loan for some money for her family, and they will pay it back. Mr. and Mrs. Patchata took pity on her so they gave her good chunk of money to get a reasonable home with 2 bedroom home and pay off all their debts. Although they were still poor, Yard had focused more on working to help her brothers get through school, while her mother would work to help pay off the bills and loan. Nam had decided to leave them and move into their father’s home since his house was better and closer to school.

Yard had to give all the money she didn’t use for her brothers to go to the Patchatas, although she wanted some money from her to go to college. One day as she was getting inside the house, a little girl (Taew) pushed her down, and when she was getting up a hand appeared in front of her, it was the most handsomest man she ever seen, he was Rome Patchata. For that moment on, whenever Yard came over, her and Rome would hang out and eventually became friends. Rome and his parents paid for Yard to still continue her high school, which she was so grateful for.

As Rome decided to go to college, Yard had decided to work full-time to help her family out as she didn’t want her brothers to suffer. Her mother began gambling and made her family more in debt and making Yard always asking Rome and his family for money to chase the loan-sharks away so they wouldn’t hurt Yim or Pit. And on some occasions when Yard is hanging out with Rome, she would see her father with his new family, and even though they make eye contact, her father would look away and walk the other direction even if it was the same way they walked from.

The only thing Rome knew about Yard’s family was that her mother and family was in need of money, and that her father had left them, but he didn’t ask her anymore because he knew that that subject wasn’t something Yard is willing to take about. So he doesn’t know what Yard really feels about her father or anything more about her family, but he did get to know who Yard is and what an amazing friend she is.
*end of flashback

Yard finally gets home and walks into the house. The moment Yard closes the door, her mother hits her with a shoe.

Yard: Stop mom, that hurts.

Yard’s mom: Well it should. Why aren’t you working today? I checked your schedule, you requested off this whole week. You can’t afford to do that when we have bills to pay and everything.

Yard: I’m sorry, it’s just that May came back and I wanted to spend some time with her.

Yard’s mom: Is this May willing to pay the bills for us? If you want to hang out with anyone, just find Rome, at least he gives us money. But some daughter you are, 10 years and all you are is a friend to him. What kind of daughter can’t even snatch a guy like that? I bet girls who are uglier than you could even get him without even trying. Now, since you’re home, go clean up the house and make sure your brothers eat and do their homework.

Yard: What about you?

Yard’s mom: Did I ask you to say something? A girl is supposed to cook and clean, so do your job. What kind of daughter are you? Ugh. Well, I will be home late so don’t wait up.

Before she could reply, her mother left. Yard knew that her mother was going to go gamble, and whenever she tried to stop her mom, she would get hit. So now Yard learned to just be quiet about it, but secretly she steals money from her mom and saves it up for her brothers, so then her money can be able to pay off Rome’s family.

Yard: Yim! Pit! Are you guys doing your homework?

Yim (now 16): Yeah, but we’re hungry.

Pit (now 15): Yeah, mom didn’t make us anything.

Yard: You two go study, and I’ll make us something.

Her brothers went in their rooms, while Yard went to the kitchen to look for what was there to eat. She looked inside the refrigerator, there were some eggs left that she could cook, but it seems like there was only enough for two. If only she got to eat with May, then she wouldn’t be so hungry. After she made it, she told her brothers to come eat. They asked why she wasn’t going to have some. Yard quickly lied and said that she ate a lot with her friend and that she was really full. Her brothers brought her story, and Yard went on to clean the house.

Usually everyday was like this when Yard came home early or didn’t work, that’s why Yard like spending time with Rome in the afternoon, because her mother wouldn’t yell at her so much, knowing Rome would keep giving them money if Yard keeps being his friend. But that wasn’t the reason Yard wanted to be his friend, she didn’t want his money, she just wants to be able to enjoy life and be happy. Yard’s only wish was that her family could be back to the way it was, but it was impossible, especially now that she was cut from her father, Thun, and Nam. Yard had heard that Thun got married, and she wasn’t even invited, but she secretly went to see it and anonymously gave them some money that she had saved up for them. She also heard that Nam got accepted to go abroad to study, something Yard had always dreamed of, but now there are more important things to think about, like her family and so her love for Rome must always take backseat of that too.

----------------

Rita returns home, her eyes full of tears as her own mother couldn’t even recognize her.

*flashblack
Rita walks towards her mother who was just sitting and staring at a tree.

Rita: I came to see you mother. How are you?

Ren: …

Rita: I brought you flowers, your favorites. I already put them in your room. (push the hair back from her mother’s face) Are you doing okay?

Ren: Mario? Is that you my son? Don’t ever leave me. I told you that girl was bad news.

Rita: Mom, I’m not Mario. I’m Rita, your daughter.

Ren: You lie. Rita is still in America. You, you are the one who stole my son away from me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

The nurses rushes over as Ren starts screaming. Rita steps back and see her mother on the ground, struggling at first but when given a shot, she slowly becomes calm. After the incident, the doctors discussed with Rita that it would be best if she would stay away for awhile so her mother could adapt to her new life and slowly comprehend what really happened to Mario. Rita had to agree, there was no other way.
*end of flashback

She walks so her parent’s bedroom and does not see her father, usually at this time, he would be drunk and sleeping. Rita thought maybe her father was able to beat his addiction and went to work, but she was wrong. On the nightstand there was a note, in her father’s handwriting with today’s date.

To my dearest daughter Rita,

My shining star, I love you so much. I’m writing to you because I love you, remember that. I cannot provide for you anymore. I’m worthless and good-for-nothing. I couldn’t even help Mario or your mother, so I can’t help you either. My life is meaningless because I lost all the things I love, and I’m going through a downward spiral, which I don’t want to drag you into. I’m leaving you, so take care of yourself. I may never come back, because I don’t want to add to the weight you carry on your shoulders already. I would like you to know that I have saved up some money for you, in the cabinet for you. It was for when you finish college, I didn’t want to tell you before because it wasn’t the right moment, but there seems to never be a right moment, but it will be able to pay for the house for a couple months. Don’t worry so much about me, I will be okay wherever I am. I love you so much sweetie. Good-bye.

Dad

Rita couldn’t stand it, she can’t tolerate this anymore. Her father had just left her. She couldn’t keep it in anymore, and screamed at the top of her lungs to take out all the anger and sadness she had inside. She falls to the ground and curls into the fetal position, the position she feels the safest in.

A few hours later, Tye comes over and sees the open unlocked. He rushes in and sees Rita lying on the floor. He lifts her up and carries her to the sofa. He sees the piece a paper and being curious, begins to read it. After reading, he walks over to Rita. Tye looks at the sad Rita, and wipes her tears off her beautiful face. Rita starts to wake up by the rough touch. Her vision is blurry at first but soon makes out that it’s Tye. She sits up and pushes Tye back, since he was too close to her.

Rita: Tye, what are you doing here?

Tye: I came to check up on you.

Rita: Well I’m okay now, so you can leave.

Tye: I read your dad’s note.

Rita: It wasn’t yours to read.

Tye: Rita, now that your dad’s gone, let me help you. I can take care of you, I love you.

Rita: I told you before, I only see you as a friend. Us dating was a mistake.

Tye: No it wasn’t. I love you, and I know that you love me too. One day you will figure it out, it’s just that you have so much on your plate right now. I can help.

Rita: I don’t need your help.

Tye: I can help in whatever way I can. I can give you the world if you ask for it. You name it, and I will give it to you. That’s how much I love you. Don’t you know that I will be willing to do anything for you?

Rita: I just want to be left alone. If you love me as much as you say you do, then let me be alone right now.

Tye: Rita—fine, fine. I will give you some space right now. But know that I will be back tomorrow to be here for you.

He leaves Rita sitting on the sofa. Rita seems to be on the brink of losing it, but then something fused in her head, and her sad eyes became full of anger and hate.

Rita: My life is like this because of you. You will pay for ruining my family. Taew, you won’t even see what’s coming. I will take away the most precious thing you love and crush it, even if it takes my last breath to do so.

-------------

New Reporter:
Breaking News-Entertainment

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. And with so many, Young Taew Patchata is at it again. Pictures of Ms. Taew Patchata in a lip lock with her new beau, Nat Nattarat, son of a very prominent family, surfacing on the web. An unknown source had uploaded pictures onto a public website. Once again, there’s no comment from either parties. You can go to the website and read the numerous comments written, such as “distasteful” “shocking” and more disturbing words. Has Taew Patchata become the new ‘bad’ girl? Only time will tell. Stay tune, we will have more updates on this later at 7 tonight. (click)

Tok: More news about your sister.

Rome: I know.

Tok: Now it’s everywhere, on the internet. Once it’s out there, it’s out there for good.

Rome: I’m having our computer techs to trace the culprit.

Tok: I don’t care who posted them, but because of these pictures, I will lose face. How will I be able to see my friends and colleagues with the same face? I’ve been embarrasses with this type of behavior.

Rome: It may not be that bad dad. Taew is still young and naïve, she just wants to be like other girls.

Tok: Well she isn’t just any girl, she’s the daughter of the owner of one of the largest corporation of hotel chains, and she should have some manners. I expect you to straighten her out.

Rome: I will try. I’ll go meet up with her now to talk about this then.

Tok: Thank you son. I do not know what your mother or I would do without you.

----------------------

Rome (on the phone): Taew, I have to talk to you right now. What do you mean you’re busy? What are you doing? Shopping? This is important, we have to talk now. Fine, come home after you’re done shopping then. What?! You’re going to go out with Nat? Listen to me Taew, as your brother, I want you to come straight home after shopping. Hello? Taew? (click) Great, she hung up on me.

Rome waits for Taew at home. It’s 6:25 P.M. He would keep looking at the clock, tapping his fingers, walking back and forth to make time go faster. He tries to call Taew over and over, yet she decided to turn off her phone. Now it’s 10:45 P.M. Taew is still not home. Rome knows that Taew wouldn’t still be shopping at a time like this. This meant that Taew didn’t have any respect for him anymore. His little sister wasn’t the same girl a few months ago; she had such a bubbly and nice personality. Soon Rome started drifting off to sleep, falling asleep on the couch. Rome finally awakes to a noise. He sits up from a nap that felt like a few minutes, and sees Taew, who just bumped into the end table.

Rome: Taew? You just got back. (he looks at his watch, it was 3:56 A.M.) It’s almost 4 A.M. and you just got back?! Where have you been all night then? I was waiting for you.

Taew: No where, just with my friends. Gosh, it’s not a big deal.

Rome: Yes it is. What if you were hurt or something, I wouldn’t know. And you shut off your phone, I’ve been trying to call you this whole time, I was worried sick.

Taew: Well I’m home now, so don’t worry. (starts walking up the stairs)

Rome: (grabs onto Taew’s arm and pulls her back in front of him) Tell me where you were and what you’ve been doing this whole time. NOW!

Taew: Rome, you’re hurting me. Let go. (he lets go) And like I said, I was just with a couple of my friends, we were just hanging out and lost track of time.

Rome: I don’t believe you. You answer me this minute, or else I will call all of your friends this instant and make them tell me. Or should I talk to their parents?

Taew: Why would you do that? I told you the truth. I was with my friends and we lost track of time that’s all. Gosh, I can’t believe you don’t believe me.

Rome: Fine, I will believe you. This better be the truth Taew, because I cannot bail you out every time to dad and mom.

Taew: Then don’t. I’m a big girl now. I don’t need my brother to help me. I hate you. (run upstairs)

Rome: Taew, I’m sorry. Taew! I didn’t mean to yell at you.

--------------

News Reporter
Breaking News-Entertainment

Good Morning Everyone. What a way to start off the morning, let’s talk about the princess of the entertainment news right now, Ms. Taew Patchata. Early this morning, an anonymous person sent the producers a video clip of our ‘Princess’ We advise kids underage should leave this room, before we proceed to show the clip. In the clip we are about to show, viewers be advise. (showing clip) This is a clip of yesterday night, here we see Taew meeting some friends and proceeding to go to a club. This person makes their way into the club as well. Here we see Ms. Patchata making out with her boyfriend Nat, a bit of dirty dancing going on. Some more making out and dancing with not only Nat but some other guys that seem to be her friends as well. The clips on to where Taew starts dancing on top of a table. After a few more of hours of this, the person follows Taew going into Nat’s rented apartment. It’s not until 3:40 A.M. when she leaves the apartment and returns home at 3:55 A.M. and that’s where the clip ends. If there is any information on who sent in the tape, please contact our studio with detail. But back to Taew Patchata, can her family save her this time? Will we be hearing wedding bells because of this incident? All I can say is that I wouldn’t want to be the Patchata family right now, as stocks are dropping as more and more news about Taew Patchata surfaces. We will be back with more information, on who was Taew Patchata before all of this. (click)

Rome: (throws remote on the ground, his mother jumps a bit, while his father can’t even look up) She lied to me. Where is she? (directing the question to the maid)

Maid: Ummmm…uhhhh…she…she..went out.

Rome, Tok, Yin: What? When?

Maid: Uhhhhh….she went this morning. She woke up early and left. We tried to stop her, but she threaten that she was going to dock our pay.

Tok: Well, because of this, all of you will be docked.

Yin: Tok! Don’t be like that. Don’t worry no one will be docked, just make sure this doesn’t happens again or else I will dock the pay by half.

Rome: Did she tell you where she was going to go?

Maid: Thank you Madam, we will not let it happen again. Ms. Taew said that she was going to met up with her friends, Ms. Nam and Ms. Pim.

Rome: Thank you, you can leave now. Dad, mom, I will bring Taew home.

Rita,

I can’t describe to you how love feels like, because no words can come close to what I feel for Taew. I’m at a lost of words. It’s silly that I feel like this already and you may think that it is puppy love, but I think not. What I feel is real, and I know that what she feels is real too. It is as if our hearts beat as one. Everything in the world has a price, and mine is my heart.

We spent our days in secrets in the library, our escape from all others. I feel like I don’t need anyone else but her. She completes me, heart and soul, mind and body. She is quite smart, but does not like to show it because she doesn’t want such high pressure on her shoulders. She said that she wants to be normal, like me, no high rank or anything, just free and happy.

She also told me that I was her ‘knight and shining armor.’ She even made me a little patch so then it would represent that she is my lady and I will fight in her honor. Corny? A little, but as long as she’s happy, I’m happy.

Soon you will know what love feels like. To me, I feel that no matter how far away we are, as long as we love each other, then we are close together in our hearts. I have fallen head over heels for her. One day, she will make me the luckiest man in the world.

TBC

Spoilers:
Rita moves on with her plans, and asks Tye to something for her that he doesn’t want to do.
Rome is so happy that Rita is working for him, but he’s still disappointed at Taew.
Ae’s agenda right now is taking Taew down.
Nat bumps into Rita, falling for her beauty.
Yard is sad that she hasn’t seen Rome in days, and May is too busy to spend time with her.

“I can’t do that for you.”

“It looks like Taew is falling off her pedestal.”

“I’m ruined!”

“Rome, help me. Quick. Help.”

Mario: “I wish that we could stay like this forever.”