The Untold Story of Prince Yeoman and Mayuree

kulyia

RUK
This should be interesting. ..

Scene 1 (1950s)

An old man was sitting on the stairs, staring at his grandchildren’s running around in the yard. Just staring at them gave him a headache. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handkerchief and wipes away his sweat. “Damn kids. And I thought my babysitting days were over.” He complains.

The oldest of the kids is Yard (13) who was a fast learner and knows respect towards the elders. She immediately notice that her grandfather was exhausted. She summons the kids to be quiet and to stop running.

“It’s useless Yard!” Her grandfather yelled over. “Go ahead and let them run until they drop dead!” It was hard trying to yell over the childrens voices.

“What??” Yard responded, “I can’t hear you!”

The old man raised his hands up to his mouth and yelled out, “Go ahead and let them run until they collapse!”

“Grandfather, I can’t hear you!” Just as she finish, her younger brother began to cry. Yard turns around and saw blood dripping down from his left nostril. “How the hell did this happen?” She asks.

“It’s hot, sis.” Yard quickly glanced up to the sky and demanded all the brats to go inside the house. Indeed, though it was a cloudy day, the humid was sickening. “Go right now!” She yelled. “Quickly!” All 8 of the kids ran in.

Scene 2

“Grandfather, it’s hot. Is there any water?” Yard ask.

“No. Go fetch it from the river.” The kids started to open up the windows. “Stop! Don’t touch that! I know you won’t close it later. Damn kids..”

“But it’s hot.” Explain one of the kids.

“Well, how about telling stories? So you all can sit down and stop moving so much.” The grandfather asks.

“We all know your hunting stories. And we’re sick and tired of your jokes!” Yards’ little brother frankly yelled out.

“Mmm. You got me there.”

“Uh, how about telling ghost stories?” Yard ask.

“Yea! And tell a scary one!” Yelled another.

“Will you all be quiet and shut up if I do?” Grandfather asked.

“Of course!” they all answered.

“Okay.. Let’see… You want the scariest??”

“Indeed!”

Grandfather hesitated. “Um, maybe your parents would say otherwise.”

“But we’re aware of what’s on the other side grandfather.” Yard assures him. “We’ve either heard of it countless times or, have seen it with our own eyes.”

“Fine. But don’t go around telling people, do you hear me? What happens here, Stays here! This story should never ever be told without my regards!” His index finger pointed onto the floor.

(late 1800s)
“Long ago, when I was your age, me and my cousins would huddle against one another around the fire and listen to the elders tell stories. We weren’t that different compared to you guys just so you know. I remember a specific story we were told by my favorite uncle Niran. He had a very good friend who passed away many years prior. Her name was Mayuree and she was the apple of the men in their towns’ eyes. Mayruee was an orphan who was raised by prostitutes; however she never became one. The prostitutes loved her as their own daughter/ sister and protected her from those that meant her harm. She was beautiful, very beautiful, so beautiful that the king himself wanted to meet her. The king was a very busy man so he sent his son to fetch Mayuree and to bring her into the palace to be his concubine. Rumor has it that the moment Prince Yeoman saw her, he instantly feel in love with her. Her silky long black hair and her slim body made her resemble a goddess. Prince Yeoman turned his back and returned to the palace and lied to his father that Mayuree had recently passed away due to a miscarriage. The king was sickened and felt no remorse over her what so ever. Rumor has it that Prince Yeoman left the palace that day wearing commoners’ clothes.

Niran told me that Mayuree and the prince immediately hitted it off and soon eloped however she did not know that Yeoman is a prince. One of the kings’ concubines found out and told the king. Betrayed, the king ordered his servants to go and kill both of them. On the morning of the peak of the chaos, Mayuree found out that she was pregnant. She waited until Yeoman came back from his many ‘trips’ to tell him the good news. When Yeoman arrived at their house, he told her to run and to leave as far as she can as his father is out to kill the both of them. Mayuree confesses to Yeoman that she loves him dearly and that he will be a father soon. “And if you die, we both die.” Touched, Yeoman hid Mayuree under the stove and covered her with the pots and pans. But luckily, Mayurees mothers came in time and took her back to the brothel to hide her. Before she was dragged away, Yeoman confessed to her that he was a prince. And that she must live, not for her, and not for him, but for their child. Mayuree struggles to stay behind with her husband but you have to remember that ten hands are stronger than one. As the prostitutes dragged her away from the house, she could see the soldiers marching into their house and dragging away her husband. Prince Yeoman was stripped down naked in front of the house and dragged as they made their way to the lords’ house where his head will be chopped off.

Because of her connections to the prostitutes, Mayuree was notified of everything that was happening to her husband. The moment she was told that she is now a widow, Mayuree fainted. The following week, she had suffered a miscarriage and due to complications. The prostitutes intended to cremate her and her baby and had intended to spread her ashes into the ocean so her spirit will be free. On the morning of the final day of her funeral, a well known respected monk arrived to the site well before sunrise. He told the prostitutes that her spirit is “unrest and that even though her ashes are spread into the ocean, her soul will still be lost. Her spirit will remain disturbed and will never be in peace. She will be one of the many restless souls here in town searching for a way out.” The women then asked, ‘Though we respect you sir, but what proof do you have that she is not in peace?’ And the monk answered, ‘She came into my dreams and held a fetus in her hands and stretched it out towards me.’ The prostitutes began to get goose bumps and whispered to one another, ‘Nobody knows that Mayuree was pregnant!’ The monk then told the prostitutes to cremate her body but instead of spreading her ashes, to seal it in a jar and give it to the monk as he will protect the jar himself.

___
Ja! Im feeling lazy so i didnt clear much of the typos. Hopefully you get whats going on though =)