The verity in Fong cast it was…

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
ST. PAUL, Minn. - Minneapolis police officer Jason Anderson has been cleared in the wrongful death trial of Fong Lee. The jury at the U.S. District Court in St. Paul found Anderson did not use exessive force, and therefore no damages will be awarded to Fong Lee's family.

Officer Andersen shot and killed Lee, 19, on July 22, 2006. Some video of the incident was captured on surveillance cameras Cityview Elementary School in north Minneapolis.

The 12-member jury deliberated for roughly six hours between Wednesday and Thursday, after hearing five days of testimony.

During his closing argument Wednesday, Assistant City Attorney Jim Moore played an image at the start of the chase, asking jurors to look in the very lower right corner of the screen as Lee begins to run from police.

He said, "It looks like a gun to him." Moore also told jurors they may not see the gun in other images because Lee may have had it cupped in his hand.

Lee's family had argued their son was unarmed, and alleged police planted the gun.

Before deliberating, U.S. District Judge Paul Magnuson instructed the jury to first decide, unanimously, whether Andersen used excessive force. If they decided he did not, they would return with their decision. If they decided he did, they had to decide if he was malicious in his use of force, and if so, how much to award the Lee family in damages.

Link to go watch the video:
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/mi...nderson_Cleared

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
What do ya think of this case?

I been following case and I was mad… :angry: If it was a white cast where it was a white boy it would have been a different verity. That what I think and for this cast it was an all WHITE jury too. There wasn’t any other different race jury on this case. If there was different race on this case it might have been different.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Question I'm asking is...

WHY DID FONG LEE TOOK OFF RUNNING when he spotted the police car?

The story would of been different if he didn't run off.

Use of excessive force? Hard to answer. If he did had a gun in his hand and was raising it up to shoot, then the shooting was justify. It would be a different story if they didn't find the gun near his body.

The MPLS police planting the gun on Fong Lee ... I doubt it.

ntxhiav_vaj

sarNie Hatchling
i saw the video that you post up. i looked and i really can't tell if he had a gun in his hand. you can't tell cause its hard to see in that school camera. i agree with you. if they had different race in the jury it would be different, but they didn't. i think they just want the police officer to win so that they don't have to pay anything to the lee family. i feel bad for the family. i hope they get they want. good luck to the family.

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
Here what I think...

I don't know the reason why Fong ran?

I think the police officer did use excessive force. Why did he shoot Fong eight time, why eight time why not just one or two time.

The police officer was also award for a medal. I just want to know the reason why he was award with the medal? I don't buy their reason for the medal thing. Any officers could have got the medal if it was like what they said.

About the gun that was found a few feet away from Fong body. I hear that Fong fingers prints wasn't even on gun at the scene. Than later the polices said that they made a mix up with the gun.

I think they did plant the gun. If Fong really have a gun there would been his fingers prints on the gun than it would have been a different story but there wasn't any of his fingers prints on the gun.

I hope the Lee’s Family continued to fight this cast and take it to the next level of court.

ntxhiav_vaj

sarNie Hatchling
Here what I think...

I don't know the reason why Fong ran?

I think the police officer did use excessive force. Why did he shoot Fong eight time, why eight time why not just one or two time.

The police officer was also award for a medal. I just want to know the reason why he was award with the medal? I don't buy their reason for the medal thing. Any officers could have got the medal if it was like what they said.

About the gun that was found a few feet away from Fong body. I hear that Fong fingers prints wasn't even on gun at the scene. Than later the polices said that they made a mix up with the gun.

I think they did plant the gun. If Fong really have a gun there would been his fingers prints on the gun than it would have been a different story but there wasn't any of his fingers prints on the gun.

I hope the Lee’s Family continued to fight this cast and take it to the next level of court.
that is so stupid. the police get a medal. he doesn't deserve that medal. i heard the same thing too. his finger prints were not on the gun. i think they plant the gun there. wishing the lee family luck to fight this case.