Tired of watching remakes

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
This may sound like a rant/complaint but I grew up watching Thai lakorns and will forever love them its just lately I have become so disappointed/frustrated with them. Of course every country has some type of cliche soap opera. Japan turns a lot of anime's into live action, Korea likes the whole melodrama stuff, China likes historical dramas, and what do I see in Thai lakorns lately? Remakes after remakes. I am dying to see something fresh/new. I wish every celebrity was a free agent. My favorite couple is no doubt Nadech and Yaya, however I wish they would play with other actors to evolve their skills in acting. Same goes for those who are contracted through a certain channel. Wish they could branch out. I am so tired of remakes, I know Thai directors/writers have more ideas then remakes! Even the music is recycled now a days. When I read that they would remake Kobori on CH3 AGAIN, this...made me so sad!! If a writer or director or someone from the Thai entertainment circle is reading this, know that I love everything about Thailand its just please give me something! Something more! Anyone else feeling how I feel? Feel free to discuss, maybe we can change something about the love we all share which are Thai lakorns.

P

PrincessKarina

This may sound like a rant/complaint but I grew up watching Thai lakorns and will forever love them its just lately I have become so disappointed/frustrated with them. Of course every country has some type of cliche soap opera. Japan turns a lot of anime's into live action, Korea likes the whole melodrama stuff, China likes historical dramas, and what do I see in Thai lakorns lately? Remakes after remakes. I am dying to see something fresh/new. I wish every celebrity was a free agent. My favorite couple is no doubt Nadech and Yaya, however I wish they would play with other actors to evolve their skills in acting. Same goes for those who are contracted through a certain channel. Wish they could branch out. I am so tired of remakes, I know Thai directors/writers have more ideas then remakes! Even the music is recycled now a days. When I read that they would remake Kobori on CH3 AGAIN, this...made me so sad!! If a writer or director or someone from the Thai entertainment circle is reading this, know that I love everything about Thailand its just please give me something! Something more! Anyone else feeling how I feel? Feel free to discuss, maybe we can change something about the love we all share which are Thai lakorns.
I know how you feel. I also wish my favorite channel 3 would come up with fresh brand new storyline lakorns. I am also tired of remakes. I actually like vampire movies. I wish there is one on a vampire girl. Is there? I know "Love Never Dies" starring Dome and Ploy was about a he vampire. Or maybe have other nationalities star in movies with Thai actors and actresses to boost up the interest of the fans. Also, it will be refreshing to see koo jins starring with others! I am also a fan of Nadech and Yaya but am so sick of them continuously pairing up in similar lakorns. I only watched 2 of their lakorns and I just can't stand them pairing up anymore. Forget Mark and Kim. I haven't watch any of their lakorns and I had it! I think if the storyline is different with different actors and actresses starring with each other, this might be a bigger hit. Plus seriously, channel 3 has way too many new faces they are trying to promote. This is stressful and overwhelming for the fans. Thank you for starting this thread.

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
I completely agree about the need for fresher storylines and new pairings. Even if I haven't been in the lakorn game that long a lot of storylines are very similar, even for the shows that are not entirely remakes. I wish they'd write new storylines or perhaps adapt different books. I mean there has to be plenty of Thai books that haven't made it to the screen yet right?

P

PrincessKarina

I completely agree about the need for fresher storylines and new pairings. Even if I haven't been in the lakorn game that long a lot of storylines are very similar, even for the shows that are not entirely remakes. I wish they'd write new storylines or perhaps adapt different books. I mean there has to be plenty of Thai books that haven't made it to the screen yet right?
Yes or Thai people can also adapt storylines from many other countries. I haven't been in the lakorn world long either but do feel almost all lakorns are similar too. The kiss scenes I cannot stand! Oh my goodness! Seriously they need to make kiss scenes appear more realistic! I enjoyed the Korean kiss scenes more due to the realistic portrayal. This is the new era!

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
I believe all Thai actors and actresses have a lot of potential its just how nothing is new. They seriously need new writers. I feel kdramas have already taken over in Thailand, Thai productions need to step it up! Remaking a Korean drama doesn't count.

P

PrincessKarina

I believe all Thai actors and actresses have a lot of potential its just how nothing is new. They seriously need new writers. I feel kdramas have already taken over in Thailand, Thai productions need to step it up! Remaking a Korean drama doesn't count.
Yes many young Thai actors and actresses have potential to go far and be a legendary veteran. Good acting also bring out the better parts of any lakorn along with many other reasons such as a good storyline and etc. And maybe not remaking any Kdramas but maybe get some fresh new ideas. Maybe get ideas from American writers? I love American movies such as Avatar and Lord of the Ring.

P

PrincessKarina

Yes I do too! Maybe it's time Thai writers adapt ideas from American writers. I love Avatar, Lord of the Ring, and Twilight.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I think different countries have their own uniqueness in their movies & series . I watch more korean now a day than lakorn though lol BUT the vibe is still different from a lakorn. Just like Bollywood movies involve dancing & singing rated PG vs American movies rated R & CGI film are over the top. I can't imagine how corny American movies would be if they adapt Bollywood theme & vice verse. Remake in lakorn world are like the Chinese continuous remake of Condor Hero lol. We know the storyline but yet we watch again for the new actor/actress or because it contains our favorite agenda.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
I think different countries have their own uniqueness in their movies & series . I watch more korean now a day than lakorn though lol BUT the vibe is still different from a lakorn. Just like Bollywood movies involve dancing & singing rated PG vs American movies rated R & CGI film are over the top. I can't imagine how corny American movies would be if they adapt Bollywood theme & vice verse. Remake in lakorn world are like the Chinese continuous remake of Condor Hero lol. We know the storyline but yet we watch again for the new actor/actress or because it contains our favorite agenda.
Kobori is the Condor Hero of Thailand. lol I'm not going to lie, I watch more Korean/Japanese dramas now too but I want growth within the Thai lakorn world so badly! well, lets hope for new stories. :)

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I don't watch remake I can remember....If there an actor I like, I'll give it a try...

They need to remake the lakorn from the 80's and 90's...If I can still watch the original (to me), I end up re-watching that instead of the remake

sarN

sarNie Granny
To be fair , there are some good remake. Lakorn seen to have a 10 year gap beweent remake though loll , for example, 'Sawan Bieng' 1988, 1998 , 2008 ! And there 'Jam Leuy Rak' 1988 , 1998 , 2008! I'm looking forward for 2018 :risas3:

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
lmao! Jam leuy ruk was one of the best remakes out there. 2018? :( i was so in love with aff and aum. one thing Thai lakorns are very good at is pairing up people who have amazing chemistry. they have so many koojin for this reason.

sarNie Adult
there is one thing that they haven't explored yet, Occupation dramas. Like in Japan, after the "trendy dramas" (the typical love story ones) they suddenly moved on to doramas focusing on jobs, like doctors, firemen, policemen, cooks, bakers, teachers, even undertakers haha. While that setup seems to downplay the romance aspect, I think it would add a new flavor to the story, like what if there is another remake of a lakorn, but this time, instead of a random mafia guy or millionaire, the p'ek is a forensics guy and the girl is a baker who specializes on baking birthday cakes or something, I dunno, haha it might add a twist to the usual story. Like, a normal person would feel like this, but a guy who always examines dead people would feel like this, and a girl who always makes happy birthday cakes but is actually heartbroken would make a birthday cake like this... I dunno haha

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
I also have some rants so here I go...

I agree, Thai entertainment needs to step up too in terms of scripts (though I enjoy watching either original or remake depending on the story) and pairings. I also wish every Thai celebrity is freelance so we can see them being paired with different actors and actresses from different channels. The possibilities are endless. Inspirations are everywhere and can be incorporated to lakorns though honestly sometimes it's difficult to find them.
I also see a lot of Thai books and hopefully they will be adapted into lakorns.
Another thing that frustrates me in Thai lakorns is CH7. They are so annoying! They restrict their videos. Why not follow Ch3 and upload every lakorn online for everyone to see? It is a way for their lakorns and celebrities to be recognized internationally, like who wouldn't want to be known outside their home country, right?
And I think they need to start mandatory English subtitles in all their series. When I was in Singapore for 4 days, I was able to watch some of their TV series and most of them have English subtitles. It is a big help especially for fans who don't understand other languages.

Orangeblossom

sarNie Juvenile
I enjoy watching remakes. Some remakes are better than other. I am looking forward to Fai Luang, Sawan Bieng, Sai Lohit, Sera Daral, and Dao Prasook remakes. I saw Jumlery Rak with Aum and Aff. I like the storyline but I'm not a fan of Aum and Aff. So a remake for that would be great too. Hopefully remade by channel 3.

Last edited:
P

PrincessKarina

I also have some rants so here I go...

I agree, Thai entertainment needs to step up too in terms of scripts (though I enjoy watching either original or remake depending on the story) and pairings. I also wish every Thai celebrity is freelance so we can see them being paired with different actors and actresses from different channels. The possibilities are endless. Inspirations are everywhere and can be incorporated to lakorns though honestly sometimes it's difficult to find them.
I also see a lot of Thai books and hopefully they will be adapted into lakorns.
Another thing that frustrates me in Thai lakorns is CH7. They are so annoying! They restrict their videos. Why not follow Ch3 and upload every lakorn online for everyone to see? It is a way for their lakorns and celebrities to be recognized internationally, like who wouldn't want to be known outside their home country, right?
And I think they need to start mandatory English subtitles in all their series. When I was in Singapore for 4 days, I was able to watch some of their TV series and most of them have English subtitles. It is a big help especially for fans who don't understand other languages.
Right! I totally agree. The Thai industry need new fresh ideas! It doesn't hurt to incorporate more ideas from other countries, books, life experiences or etc. And yes it would be nice if all the channels in Thailand would release their lakorns online like Channel 3 is doing. And seriously there needs to be a prompt solution to English subtitles to lakorns for us NON-Thai fans! I cannot wait for more solutions to all these situations regarding the Thai industry! Maybe one day a very nice actress/model will come along and speak up and change everything! LOL :)

P

PrincessKarina

I enjoy watching remakes. Some remakes are better than other. I am looking forward to Fai Luang, Sawan Bieng, Sai Lohit, Sera Daral, and Dao Prasook remakes. I saw Jumlery Rak with Aum and Aff. I like the storyline but I'm not a fan of Aum and Aff. So a remake for that would be great too. Hopefully remade by channel 3.
Hmmm--- one of my favorite remake is Raeng Ngao 2012 with Ken P and Janie. I think this version is more fun and lively than Ken T and Ann T's version. Also, I like another remake of Sood Sai Pan 2013 with Toomtam and Vill. This version to me is a bit more intense that leaves you wanting more! Plus, right now I'm into Toomtam! He is not your typical hottie but he has a different appearance. :) I know it's early yet but I love the Supaburoot Jutathep series... and wonder if there will be a re-make years from now... lol :) And I am also not a fan of Aum and Aff altho I love Aff tho. I love her with Ken T from Jao Rao! :)

P

PrincessKarina

there is one thing that they haven't explored yet, Occupation dramas. Like in Japan, after the "trendy dramas" (the typical love story ones) they suddenly moved on to doramas focusing on jobs, like doctors, firemen, policemen, cooks, bakers, teachers, even undertakers haha. While that setup seems to downplay the romance aspect, I think it would add a new flavor to the story, like what if there is another remake of a lakorn, but this time, instead of a random mafia guy or millionaire, the p'ek is a forensics guy and the girl is a baker who specializes on baking birthday cakes or something, I dunno, haha it might add a twist to the usual story. Like, a normal person would feel like this, but a guy who always examines dead people would feel like this, and a girl who always makes happy birthday cakes but is actually heartbroken would make a birthday cake like this... I dunno haha
Yes it would be nice. Your views are very unique. You never know one of these days, it might just come true! :)

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
I completely Agree!! Make dramas that focus on a topic that everyone can relate to, Thai entertainment needs to step it up for sure! I give a lot of prop to lakorns that aren't remakes. One I really liked based on books is 4 Huajai Haeng Koon Kao If you aren't a fan of the koojin you seriously won't get into Thai lakorns. Please adapt more thai books or something! Anything! be creative!!!

sulad

sarNie Adult
I actually don't mind remakes and enjoys if it is well made. My main concern is ruining the original plot of the lakorn or just having unfit actors and actress to successfully address the plot. For an example, Roy Leh Sanae Rai remake with Push and Lily was totally a flop upon my opinion. Leh Ratree was a very good remake. Samee Ngern Pon remake with James and Kim was almost a whole new lakorn that I just don't think should be consider a remake and was not please with the remake. Manee Yard Fah is the next one with Nadech and Yaya. I look forward to see how well Ann will do although she stated that it is almost the same to Manee Yard Fah but different.

I think remakes every 10 year is a good idea, but as to Koo Gum being remake at such a early stage is quite disappointed to hear.