to end or not to end?

Calisto

sarNie Hatchling
i have a former professor who's been extremely nice to me. in the past he has helped me with recommendations to grad school and such and anything else i really need. a few years have passed and he still writes to me, less than before because i don't reply much anymore. reason being is i'm not sure what he thinks of me. i feel kinda weird. he's old enough to be my father but somehow i feel that he overly
admires me. not anything too extreme to the point that you think is inappropriate or makes me know right away that he likes me more than a student-professor relationship. just stuff here and there that makes me think he really adores me (because i am a good person lol). i'm thinking of just ending the relationship and not talking to him anymore. i'm grateful for what he has done for me in the past but i just feel weird talking to him. i don't have the guts to ask him straight out what he thinks of me and even if i did he can always lie and say no (if he thinks he's making me feel uncomfortable). what do you guys think??? what should i do?

cecilia

Staff member
^i'd said keep up with the relationship but move on with your life to someone you love unless you like him also (judging from the reading, i don't think you are)

I don't think you have to completely end the relationship. You can decrease the amount of communication you have with him. Let things fade out on his own. It's a lot safer IMO.

Calisto

sarNie Hatchling
thanks guys. so 7270 think i shouldn't end due to safety reasons which is understandable. and cecilia why so? it's hard for me because i'm a very grateful person like even if it's the smallest thing they did for me, i probably won't leum their boon koon leuy lol but the weirdness is getting to me. and omg don't you go there! did you read the part where he's old enough to be my father??? you're giving me shivers girl. i respect him as an elderly person that's all it has ever been! man, i think i should keep a distance from elderly men now. seriously, men cannot be trusted! why should you even have thoughts about someone who is young enough to be your daughter?

cecilia

Staff member
^sorry, i didn't meant it that way .. what i'm saying is that if you have feeling for him .. then i don't know but if you don't then move on with your relationship and be cool about everything with him. Just like what 7270 said, try to not talk too much -- say only when it's necessary. As for the creeps, i understand b/c i've experience that with some co-worker and it's quite creepy so yup -- distance yourself without him noticing too much.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
To answer your question about the age thing: it's because love knows no boundaries. I think one of my TA's is extremely good looking and charming for his age and he can actually father me too (although it'll make him a teen father!) LOL. But like others said, limit your contact. It's probably the best way so you won't feel as though you are ungrateful for his help but at the same time you won't feel uncomfortable with his constant contacts. Good luck! :)

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Yeah i agree with the others. Distant yourself little by little, if i was in your shoes i would be a little creeped out.