Travel Buddy

isavang

sarNie Hatchling
Hi, I'm just curious to know if anyone in here has done some traveling?
The reasons that I'm asking, is that I personally would like to travel aound Asia.
I've been to South Korea, but I would like to go to Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, and China.
So I'm just wanting to know, if there are good places or persons that I can buddy up with to travel.

Mae

sarNie Adult
I've been to Taiwan and China. They are both beautiful places, full of rich history, modern, and there's lots to do in either place. If you're interested, I can give you suggestions on places to go or what to do... I'd love to go back again... I, myself am interested in traveling to other Asian places that you have listed, especially South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Phillipines, etc.

isavang

sarNie Hatchling
I've been to Taiwan and China. They are both beautiful places, full of rich history, modern, and there's lots to do in either place. If you're interested, I can give you suggestions on places to go or what to do... I'd love to go back again... I, myself am interested in traveling to other Asian places that you have listed, especially South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Phillipines, etc.
I was planning on China this year because of the Olympics, also because Han Geng of Super Junior will be a torch bearer. But I'm so undecided right now, I was debating over South Korea again or Thailand...I want to go and stalk some Thai Celebrities! LOL! but more importantly I really just want to visit and enjoy the cultures and everything that each country has.

South Korea was really wonderful. And if you see those Korean Drama, the cities and almost everything you see in there are almost accurate. For instance, they do take the bus and subway everywhere...everyday is shopping day for the ladies except on National Holidays! everyone out all night, and even little kids! w/ their cellphone! I really enjoy it, I wish I went with people who were more into the Korean stuff...like the celebrities, the music industry, the cultures, and so forth...the friends that I went with were boring! they did what they like only, wake up late, go shopping! that's not a bad things, but I want to enjoy more of the scenery!

But please feel free to give me some info about Taiwan and China, I might just check it out and go! Yep, go stalk some celebrities too! especially Mike He and Joe Cheng! LOL! also Wu Zhu!

i've been to Thailand, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Maldives, and Cambodia...the cultural rush is absolutely amazing! my tip to you is to go there on your own (as in, not with a tour, because they just tend to go to the most populated, congested tourist attractions, which really doesn't give you a true taste of actual life there) and book (in advance) one-day-long guides to personally show you around... most importantly, explore around on your own and go to out-of-the-way places where few tourists go, and where only those who are familiar with the area go (the day-long tour guides are great for advice on such matters...they know their way around and provide very helpful, time-saving hints for getting around, etc.!)...:)

XCappy

Mr. Char
I like travelling. Here is my listing (out of my dear France) :

Spain (Balears)
Switzerland (Geneva)
Netherlands (Amsterdam / Rotterdam / Lisse)
Tunisia (Monastir)
Dominican Republic (Puerto Plata)

Asia :

China (Shanghai / Hangzhou / Suzhou / Zhengzhou / Xi'an)
Cambodia (Phnom Penh / Siem Reap / Kampot / Kampong Som)
Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City / Dalat)
Thailand (Bangkok / Koh Samui / Rayong / Ayutthaya)

Perspectives for next years :

USA
Australia
UK
Sweden
Italy
Germany
Korea
Japan
... If I fulfill this, it'd be great. I still have too many other places in my head...

This Summer I may follow intensive Chinese courses with a Chinese university in Taiwan (Hsinchu). My school pay the school fees, I'll pay the plane ticket. I should go to the school secretariat to get the dates. Still no infos and this is a little worrying : I planned to buy cheaper ticket but day by day, the price is increasing...

Hi, I'm just curious to know if anyone in here has done some traveling?
The reasons that I'm asking, is that I personally would like to travel aound Asia.
I've been to South Korea, but I would like to go to Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, and China.
So I'm just wanting to know, if there are good places or persons that I can buddy up with to travel.

OMG! You looking for a traveling buddy? ME TOO!!!!

I really do want to go to thailand, but probably not until next year.

I totally know what you mean about going with people who are not interested in doing anything but shopping. I do like shopping, but I also like the enjoy the sceneries, museums, parks, food tasting... and especially waking up early and enjoying the entire day.

I went to New York with a few friends just a few months back and all they wanted to do was enjoy the night life and waking up late and do the whole thing all over. Seriously!!! that wasn't my thing everyday on vacation... AND!!! last year, I went with a different group of friends to Florida and all they wanted to do everyday was go to the beach.... UGH! it was stupid... seeing the same thing everyday! how sickening...

Yeah, I know what you mean... I guess you just know who you want to travel with and who you don't. I know that I enjoy traveling with my roommate back in college. Whenever we're in a new place, we manage to see as much as possible and learn as possible.

Again, it's also what you and the people you're traveling with want to do. And if you do want to see or do something, you'll need to be firm with them. What I hate is when I do suggest it and the people I travel with is okay with it... they act as if they're in a rush all the time but when they do what they want... they'll drag on forever.

I'm looking for traveling buddy... but let me know anywhere you're interested... maybe we might travel together. Especially to thailand... i don't the language so I'll look like a fool point fingers.

gs

Sexy Back
i'm going to hawaii this summer with a few friends and we just have one rule whenever we travel and that is we try not to do anything where we can do it in cali

i went to florida for 2 weeks and i spend like one day at the beach and the rest sightseeing had a great time plan on doing the same with the hawaii trip

Quarter

Tell me about it.
you better find a good buddy, last time i went to laos i was stuck with this old lady! so annoying! she ruined my whole trip! i need a rich bf so i can travel T_T

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
I been to -

UK - London/ Lowie / Shefield / Manchester
Amsterdam
Germany
Spain
US- LA / NY / FLorida
China - Beijing/ hong kong
Cambodia - dno were it was buh i nearlly died ( ma cuz nearlly pushed me of the big cliff )
dno any where else

noungning

Heartless
you better find a good buddy, last time i went to laos i was stuck with this old lady! so annoying! she ruined my whole trip! i need a rich bf so i can travel T_T
omg hahaha so sad!

yeah that's one of the not to do's... stick with you're own age and share the common interests.

i haven't been anywhere much.

let's see, i've stepped ground :

USA - RI (lmfao), MA, CT, NY, NYC, MD, PA, VA, DC, WV, IL - Chicago for a layover lol, MI - Detroit for a layover also :p

Canada - Montreal, Toronto, Quebec (all prior the age of 3)... Alberta - Calgary, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise and some i don't remember; Vancouver :wub:

Japan - Narita, layover haha

Thailand - some are provinces and some are just um...cities? Nong Khai, Bangkok, Karnchanaburi, Barng San, Petchburi, Pattaya, Phuket-Phi Phi and a bunch of other islands, Krabi, Koh Lantha Yai/Noi, Roi Et, Nakorn Rachasima, Korn Kane, Mookdaharn, and um some that i don't remember, gees i have such a horrific memory... -_-

Laos - Vientiane and the small cities layering it because I only got to spend 5 days there. I want to go back soon I hope :)

Um, i think i might go to cancun this year but um if things go as planned i will not go anywhere haha.

untinnu

sarNie Adult
I'll be traveling Asia in 2010!!! another two years...this year and next year I'm packed with traveling to other countries..update us about your trips please..I would like to know great places to shop and visit before I go out there..

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
I'm so going again next year...Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and maybe China woo hoo! ^_^

So far I've been out of the US to Australia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos. I wish I had more money so I could travel more lol. Haha...I was stuck with my aunt for my trip and wahhh she got on my nerves...I had to share everything with her, she even took home some of my souvenirs I bought for my friends.

I recommend these places -

Australia - Sydney - Wollolongong Temple I think that's how you spell it hahah, Cambramatta is nice, Man Beach (I think that's what it's called) and
Melbourne - I don't really remember where the heck I went...

Vietnam - Saigon for shopping! Really good deals on knock off stuff hahaha...I got some LV scarves and the belts that I gave to my friends and family. o0o and I heard Mui Ne resort in Saigon is nice...my parents might take me there next year...i saw pictures! it's gorgeous! :)

Thailand - BKK oh yea!! Pattaya Beach...so nice. Shopping at the various malls...there's so much I wanted to see but didn't get a chance to so next time!

Laos - Morning Market. All the temples...I was there only 2 days hahaha so that's all I did

It was so freaking hot last time I went, I was without AC for like 1 whole week at my great aunts house in Vietnam...wooo but I finally got some AC installed up in there haha.

sirena

sarNie Adult
um i dnt noe much abt asia, unfornunetly :p

i never even been to thailand urggggggggg so mad >.<

but, ive been all around canada and part of europe :D

i went to paris to visit my aunt 1 time, went to England on sopmore year secondary school trip embassidor thingy

i also been to milan italy, OMG! it waz so nice and omg the shopping is unbelievable chanel, versace, D&G, Prada etc store waz all over the place omg so much fun but everything WAYYYYYYYYYYY too expensive haha

anyways yeaaaaaaaaa umm

judyp

sarNie Adult
ugh. im soo jealous of everyone. i haven't even left the country! hahah. i left the state only once and that was to attend my brother's wedding. i am planning to get my passport done soon. i have the application part done, just need to take my pic and send it off. but im lagging. i plan to go to mexico! woohoo! haha. im heading towards san diego, so why not cross the border? im too dang busy to do any traveling right now..plus im still broke! when im done with school, im definitely gonna do lots and lots of traveling. my family are planning to go to cambodia soon. plus i have to go to france at least once to visit family. but you guys watch, i will travel the world! :lol:

We should go and find one and travel together. haha. But wow I wish I can travel. Too broke to even think about it. >.<"

Quarter

Tell me about it.
We should go and find one and travel together. haha. But wow I wish I can travel. Too broke to even think about it. >.<"
you shutup. my FRIEND was RICH. but you rejected him, so now we're back to being losers. i blame YOU! we could be in japan right now ditching him to be with our new japanese lovers. <_< . oh the pain. i also blame myself for rejecting him three times T_T . I know exactly how much he has in his bank :drool: