United States Citizenship Test

none3

sarNie Hatchling
My interview is next month and I need to prepare for my citizenship test. Help...is the interview going to be difficult? What are some of the questions they do ask? Because I am a college student, will the questions be harder for me because I'm a college student? Need help...any advice is better than nothing at all.

please, I want to pass this test and vote for next year's presidental election....

thank you all for any reponse...

kikiy916

sarNie Juvenile
hey my mom ish goin to take the test too...
but yea. i have no idea wat they're gone ask you.....
but i wish you the best....oh and lucky foe meeh
IM ALREADY AMERICAN.WOOOOHH.
but yes.....tell meeh wats it lyke so i could help my mom..thanks..
GOOD LUCK

Rakniran

not that hard,but u need to know who is the president of the US though.U miss that question then u will fail.
They will ask,which president free the slave?
What does fourth of july mean?
color of frag and meaning.

they will ask u to write something in english just to see if,u can write in english or not.
ask u to say the flag of legend outloud and etc..

i took the test in 1998

noungning

Heartless
lol well my mom took the citizenship test many many moons ago lol... and she passed it. i think she was provided with 100 multiple choice cheat sheet to study off of. i don't know if they provide those any longer. but i don't think the questions should be hard.

and especially that you're a college student, it should be much easier for you. it's smart u do it now because the price is getting heftier.

i think it depend on the state u are ..because i remember that i train my step mother for this test and she had to learn 50 questions about USA, the president, the flag and the amendements ..and how the politics work there..at the end they ask her only 4-5 questions and told her to write one sentence...and if u are a college student then u are sure to get it easy ( because she was too)...just have a good-looking ( it help a lot!!)

kikiy916

sarNie Juvenile
hey ya..thanks foe the tip...
i sure none3, you could pass it... cause ur a college student..
well after u took the take test ...
tell us wats-up...okay..good luck

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I'm in the same situation...I just don't have time to go in yet...but my cousins around my age did it...and they said it was a piece of cake...

By the way...which president freed the slaves? Abraham Lincoln??? haha...have no idea...as you can see, I'm not a history person...

azn_chick83

sarNie Hatchling
How much does it cost for this now? My 'rents were like it's $600 bucks now. Is that true?

And as for the test itself, I don't think it should be too hard. They ask random questions about US history and politics basically. Like President, meanings of things, etc. I helped my mom study it once, but she never went and took the test, she was just studying it.

As for mizterkevin...you can't marry to get a citizenship anymore! LOL.

kymmy310

sarNie Hatchling
well my parents got theirs several years ago and so did my big brother but the rest of me and my siblings were born here in the states so we don't have to go through it.....u.s. citizens all the way baby....woohoo! hehehe

puppylov

sarNie Adult
well, it also depends on the person who is goin to interview you. If they know u r fluent in English they might not bother to look at ur writing and ask u very simple questions. I took mine like 6 or 7 yrs ago and the guy didnt ask me anything hard so simple and he didnt look at my writing. he just told me I passed the test cuz he knew that I would know the answers cuz i was in school and fluent in English. It really depends on ur luck. So, good luck.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
The last time I checked, it went up to $285...now I think it's around $300 something...it's not $600...that's wayyyy too much!

darvil

sarNie Adult
You'll pass it easily.

When I took the test (10 questions) , the only problem I had was with the question that asks me to list the 13 original states.

There are some cheat sheets you can use and google on the internet. Just study those and you'll be fine. Its nothing that serious.

here's a site I found googling for this.

http://www.immigration.com/citizenship/questions.html

Also be aware of this question.

They might ask you what is the longest river in the US. Most people would answer the Mississippi. The right answer is actually the Missouri. Now I was told that if you answered "Mississippi" they will still let that be a correct answer. But if you see it.. just show them how bad ass you are by answering the Missouri.

Good luck.

aplepy

sarNie Egg
Actually the price right now is $ 400 including the finger prints... They don't have 100 questions no more, it's 150 random questions that they ask... They don't really ask that many, probably up to 10 questions, but it's out of the 150 questions...

Do it this year, Next year their raising the price, don't know how much, but I heart it's around $600...

none3

sarNie Hatchling
thanks for all your help!!!!!!!! I will totally give you all an update on my result.

love ya'll :rolleyes:

cindy

sarNie Egg
My interview is next month and I need to prepare for my citizenship test. Help...is the interview going to be difficult? What are some of the questions they do ask? Because I am a college student, will the questions be harder for me because I'm a college student? Need help...any advice is better than nothing at all.
please, I want to pass this test and vote for next year's presidental election....

thank you all for any reponse...
Hey I'm taking the test tomorrow, I'll tell you how it is. It shouldn't be hard, all my cousins took the test and past.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Good luck guys!!!! ^_^

My mom took it. She studied for days and weeks! My sister's dad recorded the testbook questions and answers for her and translated it in both english and [language]. So my mom listened to that tape over and over and over. -_- Then she came home after the test saying, "You guys can bury me in this country now." =_=

Anyways! :D My friend's Aunt went to take the test, and they asked which was the longest river in the country and the Aunt was like cussing in her language, saying, "B*tch! Who would know that shiet! You pu*sy!"

And the lady tester said, "Correct!"

HAHAHA

noungning

Heartless
Good luck guys!!!! ^_^

My mom took it. She studied for days and weeks! My sister's dad recorded the testbook questions and answers for her and translated it in both english and [language]. So my mom listened to that tape over and over and over. -_- Then she came home after the test saying, "You guys can bury me in this country now." =_=

Anyways! :D My friend's Aunt went to take the test, and they asked which was the longest river in the country and the Aunt was like cussing in her language, saying, "B*tch! Who would know that shiet! You pu*sy!"

And the lady tester said, "Correct!"

HAHAHA
hahah that's what my mom did! she had it recorded, the questions 1-100, she paid some dude that was in highschool at the time and he read the questions and multiple choice, and the answer... lol she listened to it over and over and over again... my mom passed, she let my cousin borrow the tape to take the test and he passed also! lol ... it's a very good thing to do, if you don't think u'll remember the answers record the questions and answers on tape and play it over and over again, you'll remember the answers just like a song!

i've done it for a test hahah and i got an A lmfao :lol: