[Upcoming Live Action] TEKKEN

Khikarugal

sarNie Egg
THE LIVE ACTION OF TEKKEN WILL BE RELEASING SOMETIME AT THE END OF THIS YEAR.

The story will follow Jin, who enters the "King of Iron First" tournament in order to avenge the death of his mother that he blames upon Tekken's powerful and controlling chairman, Heihachi Mishima.

info credit from tekkenpedia.com

From Crystal Sky's Official Website (the ppl who are making the film)

We are introduced to this violent world through the eyes of Jin Kazama, a street fighter that enters the tournament in order to avenge the death of his mother that he blames upon Tekken’s powerful and controlling Chairman – Heihachi Mishima. He knows that the only way to get close enough to Mishima to kill him is to win the tournament. With the help of Lucas, an ageing Iron Fist Champion and fight trainer, Jin makes his way through the tournament, but in doing so, he begins to uncover his own past and inner demons as well as exposing a dark underbelly to Tekken that threatens the very existence of humanity.

With futuristic and imaginative sets, a compelling story, and fight sequences combining fighting styles from all over the world – TEKKEN is in line to become one of the greatest action films of all time

info credit from tekkenpedia.com

----------------------------------------------

The Tekken live action cast are going to be:

- Jon Foo as Jin Kazama
- Luke Goss as Steve Fox
- Cung Le as Marshall Law
- Chiaki Kuriyama as Ling Xiaoyu
- Kelly Overton as Christie Monteiro
- Gary Daniels as Bryan Fury
- Candice Hillebrand as Nina Williams
- Marian Zapico as Anna Williams
- Darin Henson as Raven
- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Heihachi Mishima
- Roger Huerta as Miguel Rojas
- Ian Anthony Dale as Kazuya Mishima
- Nathan Jones as Craig Marduk
- Gary Ray Stearns as Yoshimitsu
- Mircea Monroe as Kara

It's not all of them, but these seem to be the some of the pictures from the set.

Jin Kazama ( :wub: )

Marshall Law

Kazuya

Bryan Fury

Steve Fox

Anna Williams

Tekken Set

This is a show reel of Jon Foo's stunts/martial art. Watch it, it's pretty cool.
http://www.jonfoo.co.uk/video.html

nikki1786

LizQuen
i love chiaki kuriyama... i can imagine her playing xiaoyu now. but i guess her aura will change in this movie, because chiaki usually play villain roles... and Xiaoyu's really a cheerful and childish girl.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
I dont know why, but this movie is already turning my head down. Why cant an asian man play the role of the main character? C'mon! Jin is japanese!! Their just gonna turk it up like the others that I've seen. For instance The legend of chun li, Dragonball, and Dead or alive.

Khikarugal

sarNie Egg
I dont know why, but this movie is already turning my head down. Why cant an asian man play the role of the main character? C'mon! Jin is japanese!! Their just gonna turk it up like the others that I've seen. For instance The legend of chun li, Dragonball, and Dead or alive.
it's an american movie, so even if they get a japanese guy, maybe he's not gonna be able to speak english that well for the movie. jon foo is a good choice cuz he looks the part (he's chinese/irish), he can do martial arts in real life, and he can speak english.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
it's an american movie, so even if they get a japanese guy, maybe he's not gonna be able to speak english that well for the movie. jon foo is a good choice cuz he looks the part (he's chinese/irish), he can do martial arts in real life, and he can speak english.

Yeah, I know that Jon Foo does martial arts in real life and that hes mix, but in the game Jin is japanese and he speaks with a japanese accent. Like the american characters will be speaking american and the chinses character will be speaking chinese and the japanese character will be speaking japanese. That just seems more realistic to me. But anyway, I love Tekken game series so I just hope they dont mess thing up and i know for sure I might watch it if it has good rating about it, but if not then I might pass.

Khikarugal

sarNie Egg
Yeah, I know that Jon Foo does martial arts in real life and that hes mix, but in the game Jin is japanese and he speaks with a japanese accent. Like the american characters will be speaking american and the chinses character will be speaking chinese and the japanese character will be speaking japanese. That just seems more realistic to me. But anyway, I love Tekken game series so I just hope they dont mess thing up and i know for sure I might watch it if it has good rating about it, but if not then I might pass.

It's Hollywood. They never want a "full" asian to play the asian character. lol

mia07

Introvert
I know there are only pictures of some of them, but where's Jack? And those animals? LOL.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
**sigh... im already dissapointed...
i super love the tekken series but.. omg...
not likin the cast much...
the ppl who are playin nina and anna are hella old.. >_<..
T_T... hating hollywood movies these days...

lmao.. i wonder who'll play yoshimitsu lol..

hatemormons

sarNie Egg
Are you serious?
"the ppl who are playin nina and anna are hella old.. >_<.."
ok, speaking as someone who knows the series well, Nina is supposed to be the mother of Steve Fox, played by Luke Goss. The actress is younger than him, and is improperly cast as being too young. Considering the aging process the Paul Phoenix character has gone through in the series, Nina should be pushing gray hair by now.
The rest of the cast are actually all very superb and capable actors and accomplished martial artists/fighters.

**sigh... im already dissapointed...
i super love the tekken series but.. omg...
not likin the cast much...
the ppl who are playin nina and anna are hella old.. >_<..
T_T... hating hollywood movies these days...

lmao.. i wonder who'll play yoshimitsu lol..

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
frozenheart ...
of course i know nina and anna are old..
but im just saying that they look old >_<..
meaning older than how they should look like >_<
unless it's just bad angles >_<

komictwin

sarNie Egg
I guess now Americans or most likely Europeans are just sitting and waiting for the film to show at their areas, huh? Otherwise, if they can't wait, they might've already purchased two tickets one for Japan airlines and one to see Tekken in Japan.

kaykrazie

sarNie Egg
can't wait...not a big fan but my bro will want to watch it.........

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
saw this movie. i thought it was great. love jin! he was hella fine. the fighting was awesome and storyline was very interesting.........i give this movie a 5/5...hehehe