uploading.com

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
Whenever I dl from uploading.com, I always get the files as .rar, even when it says that it's .wmv or whatever it actually is. After the dl is complete, I have to then change the file extention from .rar to .wmv, because it is not actually a .rar file and could not be extracted. I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else too or is that the way that the site is set up? Does anyone understand what I'm asking :sweat: ?

darvil

sarNie Adult
JaM said:
Whenever I dl from uploading.com, I always get the files as .rar, even when it says that it's .wmv or whatever it actually is. After the dl is complete, I have to then change the file extention from .rar to .wmv, because it is not actually a .rar file and could not be extracted. I was wondering if this was happening to anyone else too or is that the way that the site is set up? Does anyone understand what I'm asking :sweat: ?
[post="74054"][/post]​
Yes I know what you're talking about. The reason that is why is because people don't want their files deleted quickly. If you upload a file as whatever.wmv, then the wmv raises a flag on the server. Making it into a rar extension just gives the file more time before someone actually catch that its actually a video file and deletes it.

Its just a trick people do to fool the admins.

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
so the site automatically does it? even with the files that i upload there are like that. oh, well..there's nothing wrong with it. i was just wondering if it was just me or if that was happening to other people too. thanks for answering darvil ^_^