Urgh...so F'in pissed!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Argggg. I'm so pissed right now. I studied my butt off for the French CLEP the past 3 weeks. I go in to take it this afternoon, thinking after this exam all I have to worry about is ordering my graduation invitations and putting out job resumes. Well, I get there and I'm told that UH (my school) doesn't accept the French CLEP scores (they offer it because students from other schools go there to take it). She said I could take it if I want. Okay, why the hell would I waste $65 on an exam that won't even count? Then she said that UH only accepts AP scores and asked me if I have my AP scores. Urgghhh....if I had taken the French AP why would I be trying to take the French CLEP?!

I went 2 years thinking that I could just test out of my foreign language credits. That's the impression I got from all of my advisors, that I could just test out of it.

They did say that I could check with the Modern Language Department to see if they offer an exam. I did talk to someone in that department a month ago and would use it as my backup in case something went wrong. The lady I talked to from the Modern Language Department gave me the impression that they offered a French exam but the lady from the testing center I just left said that the only language exam they offered is Chinese. Chinese! How is that suppose to help me? I don't speak Chinese. So I e-mailed my advisor to tell him about my issue and then I e-mailed the lady from the Modern Language Department to make sure she knows for a fact that they offer a French exam.

I'm so frustrated. If I had known that I couldn't test out then I would've just taken the damn classes or taken the AP exam.
Can I still take the French AP exam?

So close to graduation, this is the only thing keeping me from graduating in May. Just when things were going smoothly, life decides to kick you down and beat the crap out of you. :angry:

Now, I'm just waiting for my advisor and the Language department lady to get back to me.
I wonder if I can just enroll at a community college, take the French CLEP and then transfer my scores there. That way I get my foreign language credits and then transfer it to my university. So technically I wouldn't be sending my scores directly to my university but instead transferring credits I've already earned from a community college.

darvil

sarNie Adult
That sounds like a good idea. Seems like that is the only alternative for you.. that sucks but whatever. Just gotta deal with that bullshit.