Vampire Diaries

Liberty

sarNie Adult
It'll be on the CW network, premiering in the Fall I think.
From the trailer it looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

It does look a little like Twilight from some of the previews but before anyone thinks that it's a rip off of Twilight let me assure you that it's not.
Vampire Diaries pre-dates the Twilight series.

Just from the acting, stunts and effects alone it looks much better than Twilight.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Haha, yeah it irritates me when people think that vampire diaries is a rip off of twilight. Cw, formerly known as warner bros channel loves their vampire stories eg; Buffy & Angel.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
But is any story really an original though...I mean vampire stories have been around since the earliest times...so I say no two stories are a rip-off of each other...Stephenie Meyer just reinvented her vampires to the way she likes and thinks about them and LJ Smith made her story to the way she likes them too. So it irritates me when people start whining about rip offs.

But Anywho...I'm gonna also try to read these series of books before the show comes on.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Anny... please update me air dates when you find out! I miss watching Buffy so much... maybe this can fill the void.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
It'll be coming this Fall. I'm guessing they'll start airing it when the Fall series start airing for the CW.
The show is in the Thurs. lineup with Supernatural, they bumped Smallville to Friday.

As for the ripoff thing. It's true that vampire stories have been going on for ages but people are saying that VD is ripping off Twilight because they don't know any better and that the two storyline from just the previews alone look very similar. You know the two supernatural guys and a girl. Except with VD it's two vamp brothers and Twilight it's a sparkly vamp and a werewolf/shapeshifter. But yeah, unless the stories are almost identical most vamp stories are the author's rendition of a classic myth.

wintr

sarNie Hatchling
i love l j smith..why can't they make the nightworld series instead..i think those series are way better..i read most of the diary but i prefer Nightworld...

rukmos

sarNie Adult
This is such good news for me so far. I love LJ Smith and I have been reading her books since I was in middle school. All of her books are good espcially the night world series. I'm still waiting for the ending of the series coming next year. I'm gonna be sad when the series comes to and end and hopefully she'll start writing agian.

rukmos

sarNie Adult
Did anyone get to watch the first 2 episodes? I was busy and didn't get a chance to watch it yet. Just wanted to know what everyone thinks of it so far...

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
I watched the first episode they changed alot and the character of Elena doesn't fit the book description at all so I quit on the show the guy that plays Damon is hot though