Weird eye rash

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Does anyone know of a cream or oilment that's safe for the eyes?
I have this annoying rash at the corners of my eyes. It's not really big and you can't really tell unless your right up in my face. It's not swollen or anything, it's just irritating the heck out of me.
It's a little pinkish but nothing really bad. It just itches a little from time to time and the skin is dry and slightly flaky. I've been using a skin oilment that helps with the dryness but it doesn't cure it. It hasn't gotten worse either, it's just the tiny spot at the corner of both eyes and a very, very tiny part at the bottom corner that itches but isn't dry.

I don't know what brought it on because I don't wear makeup, at all. Unless you count chapstick and I've been using the same brand of chapstick for years.

I read that nail polish could irritate the eyelids but it started sometime after I removed my last coat of polish. I don't normally paint my nails, I only start about a month ago but then I kept having to repaint it every week or so due to chipping. Got tired of it so went back to not wearing any polish at all.

noungning

Heartless
...skin is dry and slightly flaky. ...tiny part at the bottom corner that itches but isn't dry.
i'm confused, so is it dry or is it not dry?

the top of the explannation, u say it's a bit dry and flakey, then u say it's not dry towards the end...

when i have dry skin, i use vaseline pure jelly on my face, it works miracles. ;)

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Ning: Sorry, typo.
I meant it IS dry. It's not flaky anymore but it's itchy from time to time. I'm starting to think that the rash is just skin irritation from me rubbing my eyes too much. I'm currently using Aquaphor, it's helping with the dryness a little but still a little itchy.

Pleang Sney: If I wanted to see a doctor I would've done so already. It's just a rash, if it were something serious I wouldn't be asking for suggestions online.

i'm with Ning on this...when it comes to something like this, don't apply medications or anything on your own account...especially seeing as to how it's ongoing and hasn't ceased...the topical ointment that you're currently using doesn't seem to have any effect on your rash (judging from your original post), so your safest bet is to go to your physician or your dermatologist asap and get it checked out...it may not seem serious, but you never know...

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I'm not askin for medication, just skin cream.
It hasn't spread so I don't know what the deal is. I don't want to go to the doctor and pay a lot of money only to find out it was just allergies.
I'll wait another week of it gets worse or doesn't stop I'll go see a doctor.

I don't it's not anything I touched because I'm sort of a germ -a-phobe. I keep my nails very, very short and I wash my hands with anti-bacterial soap everytime I touch something, even after doing the dishes.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Sajenna: I don't think we have that here but thanks. :)

It's actually getting better now. It's not as dry as before. I've been trying to avoid rubbing my eyes and it seems to be helping.
I think it's allergies, every time the season changes my eyes get itchy and I rub them a lot, I guess all that rubbing made the skin tissue really tender.

noungning

Heartless
yes rubbing against the same area over and over will make it lose it's oils and the skin dries out and it'd need some type of moisture... but overly moisturizing it can create bumps and other rashes... so be moderate when u moisturize the dry area. i have skin probs and i know what u mean... because my face can sometimes get very dry and sometimes too oily... i have no medium.