What are some popular lakorns or shows you have an unpopular opinion about?

Princesa

sarNie Egg
Okay, I'll go first
SOTUS- I found it boring. It had nothing to do with the lack of sexual stuff etc but it felt incomplete. The Character journeys were incomplete with the main couple, and the other BL couple was more interesting. The only thing I admired about this lakorn was that it didn't have rape like Make it right the series, and that it didn't have desperate girls running around. Main character's best friend story was incomplete, and I don't plan to watch SOTUS S

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Sawan Biang: I wish Anne wasn’t the female lead of SB but at the same time I’m glad she was because she did great in the role. It’s hard to explain lol Basically, the way someone looks heavily influences what I watch. I know, I know! It’s pretty shallow of me but I can’t help it. I loved Anne’s acting in SB but she looked way older than Ken and I never felt she was that pretty. One thing I absolutely hate is when the female lead looks really old compared to the male lead and in SB, Anne looked older than Ken. SB would’ve been perfect if the n’ek was younger and prettier looking but also had the same acting skills as Anne. However, thats basically impossible because none of the prettier and younger looking girls at Ch3 were better actresses than Anne at that time in my opinion. So I guess I’m glad they casted her but at the same time, I wish there was another prettier/younger and skilled actress that could’ve taken the role instead of Anne lol

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
BOF the k. ver.
I never understood the hype so one day, I watched it... I don't think I'll ever rewatch it. I still don't get the hype over it. I even watched all the other versions of it.

The one I liked most (but still can't really stand) is Meteor Garden 2018. It was tolerable because the leads are so cute.

The plot for BOF/METEOR GARDEN just sucks. They break up and make up too much, it gets draggy. There are way better school romcoms/meloroms out there.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Descendants of the Sun, beautiful couple, I love SHK and imagine shipping Song-Song and then finding out they're getting married. But I just can't get into it, the vibe was too boring.
Omg me too!!! I tried watching it 4x and man it put me to sleep super fast! I even tried watching it at 10am! Lol

I wasnt a fan of SB (Anne ver) due to the excessive rape and hates the nangek in Game Saneaha.

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
Sawan Biang: I wish Anne wasn’t the female lead of SB but at the same time I’m glad she was because she did great in the role. It’s hard to explain lol Basically, the way someone looks heavily influences what I watch. I know, I know! It’s pretty shallow of me but I can’t help it. I loved Anne’s acting in SB but she looked way older than Ken and I never felt she was that pretty. One thing I absolutely hate is when the female lead looks really old compared to the male lead and in SB, Anne looked older than Ken. SB would’ve been perfect if the n’ek was younger and prettier looking but also had the same acting skills as Anne. However, thats basically impossible because none of the prettier and younger looking girls at Ch3 were better actresses than Anne at that time in my opinion. So I guess I’m glad they casted her but at the same time, I wish there was another prettier/younger and skilled actress that could’ve taken the role instead of Anne lol
To me, Ann has a suffering face (like she's been through a lot bad stuff in her life) which puts me off watching her stuff.

x0unerthanlater

The first time I watched, DOTS, I slept after 10 mins in. I thought I'd try again because I really like SJK since, Nice Guy, and the 2nd time around I got through the first episode.

I ended up really liking it overall. I was really into medical dramas after that. DOTS is basically a story where p'ek is a hero through and through. The comedy is light hearted but there's a lot of tear jerking scenes. It definitely takes a bit more time to go with the flow. Ppl either really love this drama or just strongly dislike it and think it's overrated. Lol

spanky

sarNie OldFart
We all have different taste and it really how it clicks with us during those time.

Sometime I try a drama later on and end up looking it.

Flower boy next door. I didn't finish until the 3rd viewing and found it ok. I appreciate the message and meaning of it.

Bof - I only finished it for the 2nd couple. I lost interest after 10 ep.

I liked DOTS but didn't love it. It was ok but I won't repeat it.

Aom & Aff (kidnapped her to the island) - I was her biggest fan then and can't get into it.

Pin Anong - tried 3-4x & still can't get into. I tried it at a different period of time.

Bps- I liked it but didn't love it. I lost interest or my interest died down by ep 15?

Currently can't think of it but I don't usually like the current "hit" lakorns

Killer for me are

Love triangle (rarely done well)
Characters who can't make decisions
Characters who lead ppl on
Overconfident pra'nang
Silly nonsensical side ppl
Not enough pra'nang time

spanky

sarNie OldFart
The first time I watched, DOTS, I slept after 10 mins in. I thought I'd try again because I really like SJK since, Nice Guy, and the 2nd time around I got through the first episode.

I ended up really liking it overall. I was really into medical dramas after that. DOTS is basically a story where p'ek is a hero through and through. The comedy is light hearted but there's a lot of tear jerking scenes. It definitely takes a bit more time to go with the flow. Ppl either really love this drama or just strongly dislike it and think it's overrated. Lol

The Bromance were cute and funny

Certain scenes are funny. I love boss but it seems a little slow for me.

Add on

I loathed baby shark w/a passion.....a last it has now become my fav. Kids song (I work with kids). The 1st time I saw it ...I was like wth is this shit. I then was showing it to a friend and telling her I saw this F up shit like teletubbies. What do you know. After showing up I was hooked.. hahaha

x0unerthanlater

The Bromance were cute and funny

Certain scenes are funny. I love boss but it seems a little slow for me.

Add on

I loathed baby shark w/a passion.....a last it has now become my fav. Kids song (I work with kids). The 1st time I saw it ...I was like wth is this shit. I then was showing it to a friend and telling her I saw this F up shit like teletubbies. What do you know. After showing up I was hooked.. hahaha
Lol it definitely is a slowly paced drama. The bromance is hilarious. It's the best part of the whole show.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Raeng pradtana : the acting all around was shit !
BPSW : Bella was overacting especially her character in the modern parts
Kluen Cheewit : I am still salty about that only one peck. Needed more with that fiery chemistry !!!
Sawan Biang : she should have never ended with that spoiled brat criminal of a rapist whose ONLY reason to lash out at everyone was "daddy forgot my birthday date... bleh!"
Nakee : Sorry but Taew is not an ancient beauty. Give me the same feeling I get whenever the likes of Joe Chen, Michelle Chen or Ruby Lin are casted as ancient beauties... yikes !
JLR : rape is a big NO even I am a Ateam fan
Anything by Kim Eun Sook is overated as shit !
BBJX lead romance, I could careless about it. Drama was ok imo. Jdrama "Jin" is a faaar better time travel drama than this sappy one above
100% of Yuzheng dramas are shit. I have yet to finish one. His works are to dramaland what junk foods are to nutrients.
BOF, MG and their latest chinese counterpart SUCK especially BOF ! Matsujun remains the best rendition of Domyoji actingwise. Guy played the best and the worst of Domi without holding and without being a "poseur" and made the character a show stealer imo no matter the look. And I can't stand Gu Hye Sun and Shen Yue vibe.
GRGR stinks ! Anything "Yadesh" drama is overated anyway

Last edited:

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Sawan Biang - The only thing that worked about it was Ken's acting. It's a very character driven lakorn and Ken portrayed him in such a complicated way that made you feel so many things ranging from horror to pity. That being said, the "romance" didn't work for me. It's not a love story and the n'ek hated the p'ek basically until she had no choice cause he's the father of her child. No way would she forgive him if she didn't get pregnant.