Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steam Rice

• Brown Rice

• Total voters

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I just felt like starting a topic. So I'm away from and I'm Laotian. I miss eating sticky rice, but nowadays I just eat brown rice b/c it just seems more convenient and healthy. So what kind of rice do you usually eat and why? So random yeah I know.

judyp

sarNie Adult
for the most part, i only eat steam rice. like nai_1_1, i eat sticky rice on occasion. like, if im eating it with "seen hahng" (beef jerky). haha.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
whats the difference between steam and brown?!
Steam rice is basically white rice. Brown rice is the original form of white rice that hasn't been processed. It's suppose to have more fiber.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I'm Laotian too. I prefer Jasmine rice over sticky rice, because jasmine rice is softer and tastier for me. Though, there are dishes that goes better with sticky rice. Dishes like Som Puk with fresh chili peppers and Peenk Pa (Pickled sour mustard gabbage and grilled fish) or Larb Seen(beef salad). So I'll have a little sticky rice with those kinds of dishes. And jasmine rice taste very good with a little numsaeww and sunnyside up eggs!

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
I'm Laotian too. I prefer Jasmine rice over sticky rice, because jasmine rice is softer and tastier for me. Though, there are dishes that goes better with sticky rice. Dishes like Som Puk with fresh chili peppers and Peenk Pa (Pickled sour mustard gabbage and grilled fish) or Larb Seen(beef salad). So I'll have a little sticky rice with those kinds of dishes. And jasmine rice taste very good with a little numsaeww and sunnyside up eggs!
hell yeah. steam rice w/ that liddo nam sa eww. OMG reminds me of my pre-school years when my dad couldn't cook and instead he gave me something that simple. Pretty plain, bur gives me a warm feeling when I think about it. HAHA

So many ppl eat steam rice. ... and yeah. Sometimes some things do taste better w/ sticky rice..........

nina07

sarNie Adult
WELL iMA LAO GiRL AND i KiND OF EAT BOTH OF STiCKY AND STEAMED..BUT i EAT MORE STEAMED THAN STiCKY HAHA..

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
steam rice daily..sticky rice special occassion or when im craving for some :p

ps where can i buy this brown rice at?? lol wanna see what the different in taste is if there is any..

since the price of the jasmin rice went up greatly!

Raiya

sarNie Adult
I eat steamed rice, sticky rice only on special occasions. Brown rice is good too but I prefer white rice...yea I should be better to myself but oh well...sometimes I mix the two and that's okay too. Off topic--I love love love rice porridge...especially the way my mom makes it...gosh I miss my mom's cooking :eek: