What nationality is everyone????

sweetestchild707

sarNie Elites
Hi!!!
Im pretty new to asianfuse and I was just wondering, are most of you Thai?
Me personally I am Thai and can understand but can't read or write and its nice to read what everyone else thinks in a language I can understand.
I don't mean this as an offense to anyone so please don't hurt me!!:hide:
I was just curious as to the nationalities of most of you.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
I'm Hmong :)I like to pretend that I know Thai,
but actually I only know a few words from watching lakorns and listening to Thai music.
I know how to read Hmong just not write it out.
Although, I don't know how to speak Hmong well -.-"
:]

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
I'm Filipino :) I don't understand Thai nor can read it but I still love watching lakorn and Thai movies :D I solely rely on the English subtitles :D

pangmoua

RujRasa Fan
I'm Hmong but I don't know how to read or write in Hmong. I know a little of Thai but not all. I need a translator (my dad) when I watch lakorns at times however, by watching the scene and understanding some words, I can pretty much tell what they're talking about or what is happening (which i pride myself on a job well done because then i don't have to bother my dad as much as I used to). However, i would love subtitles, that is more helpful :)

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I'm Cambodian. My ancestors were full Thai and Chinese and then they started marrying Khmer and here i am now. I can speak and understand 90% Khmer and i can speak 40% Thai but understand 70% of Thai. I know very minimal Chinese.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
My fam is from Laos. I was born in Thailand as a refugee baby & got my U.S. citizenship a few years ago...so I guess my nationality is American now :p

.creativegarden

sarNie Egg
My mom and dad are Thai, but I was born in Massachusetts. I can speak Thai, but can't read or write. My mommy is currently teaching me though lol...she wants me to audition for The Star next year.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
My fam is from Laos. I was born in Thailand as a refugee baby & got my U.S. citizenship a few years ago...so I guess my nationality is American now :p
OMG!!! Me too except i'm half Hmong... my mom's side has some Chinese (cant speak it for crap lol) and my dad's side has some Thai (i can understand, barely speak, and read alittle) which all that's just some percentages that i dont think really counts..... so all in all i considered myself half Hmong and Laotian that's born from Thailand but is a citizen from USA haha :)

My mom and dad are Thai, but I was born in Massachusetts. I can speak Thai, but can't read or write. My mommy is currently teaching me though lol...she wants me to audition for The Star next year.
OMG!!! really?? the star 8?!?! dang!!! you must be good than???

GueSs

TyziR
I was born in America! My family is Thai/Lao... I understand both Thai and Lao pretty well... speaking it... it's getting worse lol since moving to New Mexico (part or the North America not Mexico) with my love and all these hispanics.

paige

sarNie Hatchling
I was born in America! My family is Thai/Lao... I understand both Thai and Lao pretty well... speaking it... it's getting worse lol since moving to New Mexico (part or the North America not Mexico) with my love and all these hispanics.
lmao at your New Mexico explanation as im a fellow American too. me? i can understand and speak thai (with some subjects limitations like politics, traditions, history...). been pampering my dad to teach me to read and write so i can been i finally go visit my birth country!!!

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm Hmong American! I can somewhat write in hmong. Proud to be me. :dance1:
But I wish I was my dad. He can write & speak Laos and Thai.

thai4ever93

sarNie Oldmaid
So many cool nationalities and stories u guys have! i would love to try out for the star too! Haha :)

I'm born and raised in San Francisco :) I'm mainly half Cambodian and Indian...if you want to count my grandparents then i'm also part chinese, thai, indonesian and english(British) LoL! Too much to consider. I speak fluent english and khmer, know some thai(not too much) I really wish I knew how to read and write in Thai, i even wish i was fluent in thai :( still learning!!

GueSs

TyziR
lmao at your New Mexico explanation as im a fellow American too. me? i can understand and speak thai (with some subjects limitations like politics, traditions, history...). been pampering my dad to teach me to read and write so i can been i finally go visit my birth country!!!
You wouldn't believe how many people think it's out of the United States.
My girlfriend applied to a well known college in Florida and they sent her a letter asking for her medical records and birth and all that since she was from a "foreign" country. She decided not to go there. Haha, it's like c'mon you learn about the damn 50 states in the 2nd grade.

Ploy

sarNie Egg
Hello^^
I'm new here and I am of Moroccan origin but I'm living with my family in France.
I'm a fan of asian drama but there isn't site web for lakorn (the most drama that are sub in my language are Korean or Japanese or Chinese )and the lakorn that I'm watch
is english sub and I don't speak english very well^^
(I wish you're understand me^^)