what should u do if u feel like ur parents are way too strict and traditional?

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
I came from a family where my parents are very strict about dating hmong men and they highly affirmed that the first man u date or if have sex with should be ur husband. What I don't understand is yes, I am dating this Hmong man and I showed them him and they think they liked him, too but what if in the end I don't want to be with him. I know for now, I love him with very much, but I just don't think I can be with him for the rest of my life or else i will live a miserable life. Also, because he seems far more immature to me and many of my friends don't like him as much either. So that's the downside. Well, give me some suggestions about what to do.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
this is what i told my mom..
"just because i'm dating him.. it doesn't mean we have to get married..
if things don't work out.. then the relationship just ends"
my parents are pretty traditional and strict too
they've loosened up a bit now.
but they're still old school about dating and relationships

SonYukView4ever

see.
u're path is more linen than mine.
i don't know people hella care about reputation.
i just wanted to learn and grow up and know about life.
gosh, i am so stupid at times.

maybe, i'm just dating the wrong guy.
am i contradicting myself.
i hate it.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
I came from a family where my parents are very strict about dating hmong men and they highly affirmed that the first man u date or if have sex with should be ur husband. What I don't understand is yes, I am dating this Hmong man and I showed them him and they think they liked him, too but what if in the end I don't want to be with him. I know for now, I love him with very much, but I just don't think I can be with him for the rest of my life or else i will live a miserable life. Also, because he seems far more immature to me and many of my friends don't like him as much either. So that's the downside. Well, give me some suggestions about what to do.

Why do you let your friends opinion pick the person who you might spend the rest of your life with? They're not the one who will be spending the rest of their life with..
I've been married for a few years now and I can tell you that your friends are not going to be with you for as long as you think they will. We are all women born into a patriarchical society that we will never be able to escape so we are destined to all move away from our parents and friends and family to live with our new families (Unless you marry within your hometown).

My parents were totally like your parents - very strict with set ground rules, etc... But as for your situation if you think that you have weighed out all the pros and cons of your relationship, then make your decision on what you want to do.. Because we are all Hmong daughters we only want one marriage in life. If you already know for sure you cannot stand this man for the rest of your life then maybe it's time to move on or have a break to meet someone new, because marriage is very devotional..

One thousand, ten thousand, one hundred thousand years is a very long time - and that's how long a marriage should last.. Even longer would be excellent but we don't really live that long lol..:)

just a little bit of my thoughts.. good luck.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
this is how i see it..
and i hope some people share the same view..
but yeah..
if you can't stand the person while you're dating..
life is going to be hell when you marry him/her (some guys are in here too)
but then.. at the same time..
there are good and bad times with that person..
so.. it's really up to you to decide

143art

sarNie Egg
dump the dude if you got to and then tell your parents like everyone else he just a "friend" but this should be base on your opinion only not your friends....loving a guy and marrying him is two very very different thing. like you mention five years down the road you might start to hate him and every little thing you use to loved about him is gone. so if you find that he isn't the one for you...dont marry him.

my parents are traditional too and i argue a lot back which is why i am the rebellious one in my family but i think it really shouldn't concern your parent...i mean it your life, you're the one that gonna get married

and if do ever 'do it' use protection....i have two baby sis i'm telling them this cause i dont want them to get married because
"opps i got a bump!! and i dont want to be with him for the rest of my life...." I have lots and lots of young friends are/were in that tight spot and they hate it.

my 2 cent

pangmoua

RujRasa Fan
i haven't dated yet...so i'm not there yet....
same here, i haven't date therefore i wouldn't know what to suggest except to follow your heart. my mom is very strict on having a boyfriend or girlfriend for me and all my siblings. she gets paranoid if she hears the word "friend" from us referring to the opposite sex that we're talking to. I seriously think that if you feel that you can't live with the man for the rest of your life then take a break from it because there are many other guys out there, maybe you're not destine to be with him forever but only as friends. I don't know, i just think that it all depends on you how you see it because you know more what's best for you and what you want in your future althought we all want you to have the best. Just like mentioned earlier, we as girls only want to be marry once and divorce isn't something we want. good luck on your situation, i wish you the very best in your decision.

gurlie

sarNie Egg
i don't understand how you can't see yourself with him if you love him......maybe you only love him like a friend..not a bf....it could be you fell out of love for him too....if i would you I would think about it seriously ...if you're confused..tell him you need space......you would know by then..because not having him there will either make you miss him or make you realize you're better off without him....

Advice on the strict parents:
How old r u?....my parents are the same too..but when i was under there roof..i obey their rules as long as it's tolerable ...(i can't go out to party, can't go anywhere with my friends to just hang, etc)..it sucks but hey it's their house....lol...but once i went off to college like 40 minutes away and i go my own roof over my head...i still follow some of their rules but i do mostly what i like because i don't depend on them...

MizViz

sarNie Adult
If you are under age then...you really can't do anything about it but just have to deal with it
But
If you are over 18 then move out!

That's the only advice that i can give you..because my parents are also very strict and i can't do anything about it...or imma just get in big trouble.

slee00

sarNie Adult
Let me tell you something, young sister! I wont tell you what to do...but I would really have to follow my heart. I married someone for 22 years, i like him respect him and grew to love him somewhere in time...but I always have a feeling he is not the one I would grow old with. I was right...he told me thathe had the same feeling about me. so we called it quit. Now I met someone that I knew I want to spend the rest of my life with,,,someone I want to grow old with...someone I can visualize my life with.

So go with your heart. Someone is right about at the end of the day, your friends, family, and relatives wont be there to nurse your unfull-fill heart...you never want to spent half of your life knowing you waste so much time on the wrong person. Go with what your heart tells you to do....you will be alot happier....

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
Let me tell you something, young sister! I wont tell you what to do...but I would really have to follow my heart. I married someone for 22 years, i like him respect him and grew to love him somewhere in time...but I always have a feeling he is not the one I would grow old with. I was right...he told me thathe had the same feeling about me. so we called it quit. Now I met someone that I knew I want to spend the rest of my life with,,,someone I want to grow old with...someone I can visualize my life with.

So go with your heart. Someone is right about at the end of the day, your friends, family, and relatives wont be there to nurse your unfull-fill heart...you never want to spent half of your life knowing you waste so much time on the wrong person. Go with what your heart tells you to do....you will be alot happier....
you have a nice heart, I wish i could think like you too. =)

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
i don't understand how you can't see yourself with him if you love him......maybe you only love him like a friend..not a bf....it could be you fell out of love for him too....if i would you I would think about it seriously ...if you're confused..tell him you need space......you would know by then..because not having him there will either make you miss him or make you realize you're better off without him....

Advice on the strict parents:
How old r u?....my parents are the same too..but when i was under there roof..i obey their rules as long as it's tolerable ...(i can't go out to party, can't go anywhere with my friends to just hang, etc)..it sucks but hey it's their house....lol...but once i went off to college like 40 minutes away and i go my own roof over my head...i still follow some of their rules but i do mostly what i like because i don't depend on them...

haha! you're so right! We can take care of ourselves, life is just there and is depending NOT on the parents. =P
(but somehow, you never know what gonna happen the next day, so its good that if you take your parent's advice too)
its always like that, hate it!

marykeu9

sarNie Egg
LOVE works in mysterious ways....

i think of it that we are not in thailand or laos anymore...we can't find love like our parents did...some were force to get married, some just did not know what love was and just tried to work it out til today...i am sure if they had to do it all over again, majority of them would not be with the one they are today...

that way i see it is that hmong men have sometimes more than one wife because they are never satisfied...

if you love him now, but you do not see him and you together for the rest of you lives, may i ask why are you still with him?

if you feel that way, maybe it's time to tell him and move on or else you are just giving him the wrong impressions..maybe he might be wating for you and if you don't see him and you forever, maybe you guys should see other people....

for many, sometimes if they start to see others, they realized that the person they broke off with first was their soulmate, others see it as another way where they should see other people

when you are still young, my advice is to date as much as you can so you get to know the many different guys out there, because let me tell you when you think you know someone well, you do not until you get married, then you are like umm you are not the one i dated for this many months or years...

when dating as well, love your body and do not give it up so easily to anyone...if you choose to have sex be safe, because in this culture if you are not you will more than likely get stuck with him forever or if not, then you will have a reputation because people in this culture has big mouths....your news will travel quickly then the blink of an eye.....

my parents are very very very traditional and strict, but they are always telling me about marrying these immature and tradtional guys, i just choose to ignor them....i know that when it is the right one though, i will need him to get my parents permission as it is respectful that way and it will show that he respects my parents...

the one you love is not one that your friends or parents have to like or love, but you because you have to spend the rest of you life with him and if not, do not forget you are from a culture that will not let divorce happen easily as they will come over and try to make sure you guys work things out, it will have to be either you on your deathbed or he on his deathbed that they will let you guys divorce and if you do divorce, it is always the women with the bad reputation and you get this name "divorce wife" while the guys just goes back to being single and moving on with his wife....

at times i do not disagree with this culture, but it is one that i am born with so i make the best of it by not listening too much into and trying to live life according to my instincts and some, not all traditional beliefs because your parents or friends are not always going to be there to help you out...

so whatever choice or decision you make, i wish you luck and hope for the best.....

hope my advice help!

SonYukView4ever

thank you so much you guys, i love and enjoyed very comment.
i will respond shortly!
everyone has a good day now!:)

muskawmntawv

sarNie Egg
Good comments made from marykeu9.

I think that if you are still young, preferably around the ages of 16-22, love is very mysterious. This is really the time for you, either girl or boy, to "experiment" with love? or shall I say "infaturation?" or "puppy love?"

There are just so many words that nowadays, are used to describe love. I hear too often the word "love" being used carelessly. I have a sister who dates one guy for 1-2 weeks, and then dumps him and find another guy right away. Again, she is only 16. If you were to fall into this category, honey, just go with the flow and do not engage yourself in any "marriage" relationship like conversations. If you do have those conversations, keep it casual. It doesn't hurt.

What I've found out from my own long-term relationship, is that there are ups and downs. My family truly adores him and his family loves me. We are still not married. We are of both matured age, but have decided to put marriage on hold because of other personal goals.

Life is crazy. Enjoy it while you are still single and young. Don't rush and do not let people rush you. People can tell you what to do, but all in all, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE DECISION AND LIVE WITH IT. So, just use your common sense. And if you lack common sense, go with your gut. If all fails, there is always "divorce." LOL.

lakorndemon

sarNie Hatchling
well, i think it's just your instincts that should tell you...if you feel like you don't like him then don't date him and break up or else he'll be crazy for you and there will be a problem...my guy i know that i'm not going to like him long so i broke up with him instantly...his attitude is foul so i don't like him nor does my parents...and as for my parents...they let me chose freely but they are hoping that i choose the right one...lol...wish that i could have a thai actor as my boyfriend..lol...

jimmylee12

sarNie Egg
i like parent who is strict with their daughter it just show that they care allot about their daughter i saw some hmong parent that dont give a shit were their daughter went

narita4u

sarNie Egg
he seems far more immature,
If you love him and he love you. The question is that is he had a good heart?
If yes, then try to encourage him to continue his higher education. When that has happened then the immature will be disappeared. People will be immature when they have education. People are more mature when they have higher education. In order to have lasting love is to get higher edcation with a good pay.

People need three things:
comfort, shelt and food. When your partner or you can provide these three things to his or her lover then things must be fine and they will have a very happy life.
Believe OR not But this is true and real.

When there are couple kids, there is no those three things then love is in questionable or in trouble.
Why America is superpower b/c education come first of all. Why Hmong kids blind and fool around with sex and body but it doesn't last long at all.