What's Your Raashee?

mia07

Introvert
Preview:

Plot:

Yogesh Patel (Harman) who is a Scorpio by zodiac is a young MBA from Chicago who is called to India out of the blue and is to be married in a matter of days- the reason being that his maternal grandfather on his marriage would be bestowing him 30 crores worth of property and his family need this to survive ruin- their elder son Jeetu (Dilip Joshi) having borrowed and squandered 4 Crores of wealth including 1.5 Crores of wealth from a local underworld don Moolraj and now running the risk of facing a prison sentence. Yogesh's father's cousin, Debu (Darshan Jariwala), takes charge of showing him the eligible girls - however Yogesh after reading a book on sun signs - insists on seeing only 12 girls: Anjali, Vishakha, Kajal, Hansa, Mallika, Pooja, Rajni, Nandini, Bhavna, Jhankhana, Sanjana, and Chandrika (all played by Priyanka) - one from each Rashi and then decide whom to marry. Each girl is unique in her own sense and Yogesh cannot make head or tail of it- and in the end, he ends up choosing one of them.

Characteristics of the 12 Girls:​
- Anjali (Aries): Gawky small town girl.Tries hard to impress, but finally gives up.
- Vishakha (Taurus): Daughter of very rich parents, appears playful and immature. Yogesh understands that it would be difficult for both of them to adjust with each other.
- Kajal (Gemini): Fashionable high-class romantic college girl. Her only condition was that she wanted the marriage to take place after one year.
- Hansa (Cancer): Honest ,dedicated and educated girl whos own love affair was a failure. Nevertheless she reveals her past and promises to make an honest effort to be a good wife. Yogesh clearly had a preference for Hansa.
- Mallika (Leo): Successful dancer of an NGO, wants to continue her charity work.But she has wrong apprehensions about NRIs and is quick tempered.
- Pooja (Virgo): A dedicated doctor by profession, she loves working in India's villages. Her only condition was that she does not want to settle abroad. Instead she asks - Yogesh to settle in India.
- Rajni (Libra): Successful business tycoon. Sees marriage as a contract and her pre-nuptial agreement shocked Yogesh.
- Nandini (Scorpio): Ambitious wannabe model, she hides her real image from others, and wants to go to US with a modelling career in mind.
- Bhavna (Sagittarius): A religious and superstitious girl who would not do anything without looking up the stars and horoscopes.
- Jhankhana (Capricorn): A 15 year old girl, whos father is desperate to marry her off, to ease his burden.
- Sanjana (Aquarius): An attractive and successful microbiologist. She intially asks Yogesh to reject her, because she herself has a secret boyfriend, but when he cheats her, she agrees to marry Yogesh.
- Chandrika (Pisces): A naive traditional gujarathi girl, who believes in rebirth and is convinced that she was married to Yogesh in previous births, too.

It looks good; I think I'll watch it. Priyanka looks really pretty as the Aquarius; makes me think about how she portrays each zodiac signs.
By the way, I'm a capricorn so I really want to see how she portrays my sign. LOL. :):D:p

fun

Expired Sarnie
She is ugly as Aries lmao... plus I am not too fond of her, but this seems interesting lol...

cecilia

Staff member
woohoo, i love her VIRGO LOOK -- so sophisticated .. i still a little iffy about this -- p'ek is not SHAHID :( (kidding, i'm in a shahid kapoor obsession mode after Dil Bole Hadipa LOL)

fun

Expired Sarnie
woohoo, i love her VIRGO LOOK -- so sophisticated .. i still a little iffy about this -- p'ek is not SHAHID :( (kidding, i'm in a shahid kapoor obsession mode after Dil Bole Hadipa LOL)
I don't like the fact that there is 12 girls look alike in appearance lol... but I assuming the twist is that there is only one of her? I don't know, just guessing, having 12 girls alike is way out of reality proportion ahahahaha.

mia07

Introvert
I don't like the fact that there is 12 girls look alike in appearance lol... but I assuming the twist is that there is only one of her? I don't know, just guessing, having 12 girls alike is way out of reality proportion ahahahaha.
LOL. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I mean, wouldn't he be shock or surprised that he met 12 girls that all looks the same, but different personalities? Oh well, a lot of people say that it's pretty good; my sister and I are eager to see it.

rukmos

sarNie Adult
- Anjali (Aries): Gawky small town girl.Tries hard to impress, but finally gives up.

Aries have never been percieved as gawky, shy, and tries hard to impress. Aries have always been the go-getter, the agressive one, the leader that people look up to. Aries is Mars, the Warlord, the battler so I'm kind of having second thoughts about this movie since I"m not a fan of Priya Chopra, and that they are portraying Aries wrong!

mia07

Introvert
I saw this is and it really wasn't as what I expected. I think he should have got the other girl instead of the one he ended up with. The songs were pretty good though. He reminds me of Hrithik Roshan, but a younger version.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Wow... Um... honestly in my opinion, this made it to "my worst Bollywood film ever watched" list

The OST wasn't great either, I only liked the song "What's Your Rashee" This was such a long and boring film, I don't think I will ever rewatch this.

Okay I think it was best if Hansa ended up with him. Hansa and Sanjana had the same problem... boyfriend already has a girlfriend/wife/went off to marry someone else. You get the whole point. ANd I wasn't convince that Sanjana married Yogesh for love (affection)

mia07

Introvert
Wow... Um... honestly in my opinion, this made it to "my worst Bollywood film ever watched" list

The OST wasn't great either, I only liked the song "What's Your Rashee" This was such a long and boring film, I don't think I will ever rewatch this.

Okay I think it was best if Hansa ended up with him. Hansa and Sanjana had the same problem... boyfriend already has a girlfriend/wife/went off to marry someone else. You get the whole point. ANd I wasn't convince that Sanjana married Yogesh for love (affection)
LOL. That's what I'm saying. It seems like Sanjana just agreed to marry him because her boyfriend cheated on her. Hansa would have been a better pair with the pra'ek.

ntxawm209

sarNie Egg
Saw the dis movie a while ago, it was a nice movie. :) Priyanka acting was grt n Harman performed very nice too. I love Priyanka w/ Harma way more than w/ her link-up co-star Shahid. I wish PC n Harman were still together. Stupid media r so annoyin, keep linking her up w/ Shahid. :angry: :angry: Shahid is wayy better w/ Amrita. :wub: