when is the lao new year in LA?

kitkat

sarNie Elites
ketused, omg you went there for new lao new year 2005 in louisiana? i assume you know one of my cousin was in pageant.... i think she won 2nd place for it. her name is juanita lasaath but she's known as nita. ^_^

here's pictures of her:

she's in blue outfit by 6th person from right.

she's in tan outfit by 6th person from right.

i wish i was there... since my whole cousins went there rooting for her... :D isn't she gorgeous? hehe.

oh yeah they come from georgia.. so they came to louisiana just for fun. she ended up winning 2nd place. i think it's right information. hahaha.

ketusd

sarNie Hatchling
kitkat said:
ketused, omg you went there for new lao new year 2005 in louisiana? i assume you know one of my cousin was in pageant.... i think she won 2nd place for it. her name is juanita lasaath but she's known as nita. ^_^

here's pictures of her:

she's in blue outfit by 6th person from right.

she's in tan outfit by 6th person from right.

i wish i was there... since my whole cousins went there rooting for her... :D isn't she gorgeous? hehe.

oh yeah they come from georgia.. so they came to louisiana just for fun. she ended up winning 2nd place. i think it's right information. hahaha.
[post="91575"][/post]​
i am actually from la, but yea i remember her, she is very pretty and nita is also related to one of my closest friend.....like two of her other cousins also from ga and al competed in the pageant too but a few years before her... :D

kitkat

sarNie Elites
ketusd said:
i am actually from la, but yea i remember her, she is very pretty  and nita is also related to one of my closest friend.....like two of her other cousins also from ga and al competed in the pageant too but a few years before her... :D
[post="91875"][/post]​
wow then you must be already meet juanita's sister and two other cousins. their names are julie (her older sister), khack & sonia (closest cousins of hers).

here's some personal pictures of juanita.

khack & julie

sonia & julie

know them? :D

omg i think i'm wrong.. they come from AL, not GA. mmm... i'm so confused. lol too many cousins to remember. :sweat: :D

p.s. will delete the pictures soon... i use sonia's photobucket account................. :sweat:

nusara

sarNie Egg
saobomp said:
hey everyone. wondering if anyone's from TN? i'm planning to go to the lao new year in mc'boro april 14th weekend. wondering if anyone here wants to meet up? i had fun last year so i'm going back there pluse to visit some friends and family.
[post="90982"][/post]​
hahaha!!! i been looking for u all over the place bompy...
you know who this is right? omg, everyone on here are so lucky.
you guyz get to celebrate our laotion new years traditional way, opposite from the pplz in Northern california. we don't get to celebrate like the pplz in the mid-west or the pplz from Southern California...

kitkat

sarNie Elites
nusara said:
hahaha!!! i been looking for u all over the place bompy...
you know who this is right? omg, everyone on here are so lucky.
you guyz get to celebrate our laotion new years traditional way, opposite from the pplz in Northern california. we don't get to celebrate like the pplz in the mid-west or the pplz from Southern California...
[post="94390"][/post]​
seriously? NoCal don't celebrate laotian new years? o_O unless only inside of the house... that's the difference.. lol i wish i can go to LA to see the celebration and meet up my cousins there. but i'm a poor college student. haha.

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
Wow it is so great that you guys have pageant, and you all look great. We tried having a pageant once in south Australia but a big cat fight start and all hell broke loose – now we will never speak of it again….lol

saobomp

sarNie Adult
lol u so silly nusara! guess u did find me huh? :p

i heard the new year in LA is nice.

Susie

sarNie Adult
OMG U GUYS HAVE FASHION SHOWS ON NEW YEARS IN LOUISANA?? HERE IN CALI WE JUST HAVE A FESTIVAL AT TEMPLE WHICH INCLUDES TRADITIONAL DANCING (I USE TO BE IN) AND A PAGEANT. AWW THEIR CLOTHES ARE SO PRETTY MAKES ME MISS DANCING. THANKS FOR SHARING.

shubby

sarNie Adult
wow! i really wanted to go to LA..damn it!! this sound so cool. i wanna see the pageant lolx hahahahha

MaNang

sarNie Hatchling
actually, I Northern CA does celebrate Lao New Year but it's not as big as LA, of course. They're celebrating it in San Pablo, for one (that's my hometown) at the city hall I think and also there's an annual dance/get together at the Veteran's Hall on 23rd. I haven't gone for 2 or 3 years because I've either forgotten or been too lazy but I wish I could go this year, just to buy all the yummy sweets and cool souveneirs that they sell at the event! Kud thae leung gin, hahaha!