which drama/lakorn was NOT a waste of $$ for you?

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
:D

My all time favorite that I ever bought is "Chinese Paladin" subtitled in Hmong... I watched the first 2 parts that were sold in the green bay new year and compared it to the fansubbed one, and they actually matched! :)
I forgot what the Hmong title was though....

Mae

sarNie Adult
Pleng Pla Lom Dao by Chakrit and Noon was really well translated in Hmong....the translators for that production is really good...and the lakorn itself was realy good....so was Buang Baja Torn by Chakrit and Marsha....hmmm...there's a lot of really good dubbed Thai lakorns, however there are some that suck becuase of the translators...

ahs

sarNie Egg
There are definitely some that i still watch & was not a waste of money at all. :)

Hlub tiag yeej tau (the really old w/ vichai --that was cut up so badly just so they could get one tape....wish someone would redubb it or better, if it was remade)

Rooj tshoob vim hlub (w/ angie & can't remember his name) --i'm just a sucker...b/c this is the only ...i mean only dubbing in green hmong i own...that they probably ever made that i've found--really hate the voices used though.

Tus neeg zoo thiaj muaj txoj kev hlub (k drama-into 2 parts..but oh well...i'm sure the orginial was like closer to 20 parts or more...but k-dramas are usually slow anyways)

I definitely can't forget Kev Hlub yuam tau meej mom (w/ joy? and ???) still watch the ending (try not to watch the "r" scene) ---i was so pissed when i bought it at the new years and was told oh thats all there is & then it left me hanging....that i called up the dubbing co. and complained.....then i bugged them every weekend at home until i had all the parts. (kinda crazy, i was then)

Txoj kev hlub loj dua nyiaj txiag (w/ tik) i had to wait a year to get the whole set.

thats all for now...

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
ahs said:
Tus neeg zoo thiaj muaj txoj kev hlub (k drama-into 2 parts..but oh well...i'm sure the orginial was like closer to 20 parts or more...but k-dramas are usually slow anyways)
[post="40181"][/post]​

Ooh- is that the one with Kim hee sun and the shoe fashion thing? If it is- I absolutely love it too! I wish I had it too.. :(

rukmos

sarNie Adult
I bought Hoy Ahn, Chun Ruk Tur, the one that was dubbed in hmong with like 8 parts to it and I feel that I didn't waste money on it because all the parts were there and the voices were really good and matched the characters really well also.

The one series that I felt was a waste of money was Duan Dang Harutai with Sornram and Nat Myria...I didn't like the story line of it or the love between them and it was so short that I"m sure that dubbers cut out so many parts... :angry:

Mae

sarNie Adult
ahs said:
There are definitely some that i still watch & was not a waste of money at all. :)

Hlub tiag yeej tau (the really old w/ vichai --that was cut up so badly just so they could get one tape....wish someone would redubb it or better, if it was remade)

Rooj tshoob vim hlub (w/ angie & can't remember his name) --i'm just a sucker...b/c this is the only ...i mean only dubbing in green hmong i own...that they probably ever made that i've found--really hate the voices used though.

I definitely can't forget Kev Hlub yuam tau meej mom (w/ joy? and ???) still watch the ending (try not to watch the "r" scene) ---i was so pissed when i bought it at the new years and was told oh thats all there is & then it left me hanging....that i called up the dubbing co. and complained.....then i bugged them every weekend at home until i had all the parts. (kinda crazy, i was then)

Txoj kev hlub loj dua nyiaj txiag (w/ tik) i had to wait a year to get the whole set.

thats all for now...
[post="40181"][/post]​
Hey do you know where we could buy the real version of Hlub Tiag Yeej Tau, the one of Vichai....even though it was only 1 part it was great.....the first thai movie i saw and i love it...however, if you know the title and where i could get the real version I'd like to buy it....you write as if you've seen the entire version, that is why i ask you?

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
hmm the movie that i bought wasted me $50 bucks and it wasn't even good it was called "Nkauj Nab txoj kev hlub" or something like that the one with Vee it was so friggin boring I felt so regretted and the lady that sold it say that it was reeeaaaly good and all that but it heck sucked...
---------------------------------------------------
The best one i bought was Full House lol ^_^

rukmos

sarNie Adult
There's a Hmong New Year coming this weekend and I'm thinking about going out and buy the Hmong dubbed Warriors of the Yang...the one with Alec Su and that one korean actress Charim...

Has anyone seen it and think that it's worth it to buy?

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
can someone give me the review on the Chinese Paladin...i'm thinking about buying it but i don't know if it good or not....thanks

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
babe_girl said:
can someone give me the review on the Chinese Paladin...i'm thinking about buying it but i don't know if it good or not....thanks
[post="40846"][/post]​

well- if you're talking about the hmong version that was dubbed from "Laos"...
it has 4 parts- that's what I was told.
At the greenbay new year in WI here, they only had parts 1 and 2 out. I bought those two and i'm hoping that I can find the last 2 parts somewhere...

The translators chose some very good voices to it- in my opinion.. and I think that they did a really good job- although some cute scenes were taken away, It was still really good.. I think part 2 left at the part where Ah-nu (Ling-er's cute friend) was trying to find her.... I forgot though..

But if you like Chinese Paladin, you'll like this one too. :)

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
Tub Huab Tais Hlub Pej Xeem Ntxhais (the fresno version)- Jao Chai Kern Roy w. Mos and Yui... O loooovvveee this one a lot..... I burrowed it from my sister's freind and just have to own the whole set so i went a bought the whole parts!

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
for me the one with aom and tik "Txoj kev hlub loj dua nyiaj txiag" was really good....still watch it...um...."dao pra sook"...with num and kob...it was alright...and last "lub tsev xuab zeb"....it was good...but didnt like how they cut up the part where chakrit tries to rape bee again at his house...hehe

but the ones that i think it was a waste was...gosh i have so many....the one with aom and captain....forgot what the title was but its the one that captain and aom didnt get eachother at the end cause he pick his country over her...but they cut up sooo many part (cute part) that i just got mad...and the one with willy and mew(the one that they dress up like egyptian...which in my opinion its not good at all....the storyline suck and mew acting is poor in the lakorn....and last "ncauj tso siab tseem nco" with tik and vicky....i feel like i wasted my money so bad...i never really got to finish watching the movie cause it was soo bad....i didnt like it at all.....

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
chinese paladin that was dubbed by hmong production wasn't a waste of any money to me...i like it alot...the voice are excellent...although i hate the girl who dubbed for Crystal which she dubbed in Treasure Raider for Athena Chu...she did an excellent dubbing for Crystal in chinese Paladin.....

Advanture of Wisely with 10 parts was another big hit for me which wasn't a waste of my money...CL Production have all the best voice that match each character in there.......

Seoul Raider was one great one too

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
i have two that i thought was really good. the first one was stair way to heaven and the second one is the one with namfon and sawan(the one that involve the ring)...i thought those two are great movie.

Nero

sarNie Egg
I bought an Oil movie, I don't know the name of the actress, but it's called, "Hlub mob siab npaum hluas tawg kub" sorry I can't write or read hmong yet...just wrote it from memory...which isn't too acurate. but anyways, I didn't like this lakorn, Oil wasn't romatic, and I don't think anyone liked the n'ek. I didn't, I've never seen her before until this lakorn, but i didn't like the acting I guess, but other than that, it's not too bad, the translation was pretty well done

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
angelxmdawb said:
:D

My all time favorite that I ever bought is "Chinese Paladin" subtitled in Hmong... I watched the first 2 parts that were sold in the green bay new year and compared it to the fansubbed one, and they actually matched! :)
I forgot what the Hmong title was though....
[post="40114"][/post]​

did you notice that Ah Nu and Tang Yu and all of the people from Nam Zhao (?) play as the Miao, and miao refers to the hmong? that's why their clothing are similar to hmong clothing...especially the queen, ling'er mother....when she first met Xiaoyo xib fwb......she has like a hmong skirt.....not actually look like hmong clothing, but i think close to it...... :D

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
omg..........i bought that new movie with Aom and Captain called "Kuv Niam Koj Nyob Qhov Twg".........dang....it was good in a way but the voices sucked and the story was so boring to watch...........i felt that i did waste money on it but i liked some parts so i guess it was good enough............

Txoj kev hlub loj dua nyiaj txiag.........this was one of the best dubbed thai lakorns ever!!! all the voices matched perfectly!!! i loved this movie............no money wasted there!!!!

Tiv Thaiv Tus Kuv Hlub..........dubbed by BKM Production..........this was Aom and Tik's bodyguard movie....I thought the voices were pretty okay.....i mean it didn't match tik or aom but it was a good movie so no money wasted.......hahaha........

who dubbed "HOY AHN CHUN RUK TER" with dan in it?? was it TNT?? i hate TNT.....i wanna buy it but if it's TNT then i don't wanna waste my money on it....i don't think they are good at dubbing thai lakorns......they put Destiny song's over all the thai songs....they do that for the korean ones too...ugh...it's so annoying........no offense to TNT lovers....

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
almost forgot..............

Lub Plawv Suab Tag (Hua Jai Chocolate) with Mos and Aom..........great movie..........even though it's TNT and everything.....i'm trying to pay more attention to the storyline which is pretty good!

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
Pepper_UHT said:
did you notice that Ah Nu and Tang Yu and all of the people from Nam Zhao (?) play as the Miao, and miao refers to the hmong? that's why their clothing are similar to hmong clothing...especially the queen, ling'er mother....when she first met Xiaoyo xib fwb......she has like a hmong skirt.....not actually look like hmong clothing, but i think close to it...... :D
[post="47785"][/post]​

omg! are you serious?!! No wonder I'm so drawn to it and it's so similar too.. Thanks for pointing that out!