why can hmong (USA) come up with their own songs/music...?

becki

sarNie Hatchling
I'm a Hmong (USA) too... I'm not try to talk shit about Hmong (USA)... But Hmong (USA) should come up with thier songs/music... and try not to go and copy thai, Chinese, and etc... songs/music... because most of the songs/music i heard... is copy from others... Even they change it a little bit it still copy...

So, what do you think...? copy or come up with their own songs/music...?

debbieyanglove

sarNie Hatchling
most of them come up with their own song.
but most of them copy.
but i just think it is more meaningful if you compose it
from your own hands.

mly

sarNie Hatchling
I agree with you, but not just Hmong Meskas, Hmong Nplog and Thai does the same thing too. I just wonder if they even got permission to use the song.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
Hmong aren't the only ones who copy others... Thai and Chinese copy from each other too, so to me, it matters no more. as long as I like the version that it is being sung in.

Mya

sarNie Hatchling
i also have no problem with hmong folks using other peep's music. but then sometimes the hmong lyrics that go with the music just doesn't fit right. :/

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
which hmong meska are you referring too? but like what YM_gurl said everybody copies everyone.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
umm...who, for example, are u talking about? cuz from what i've heard...Hmong overseas r the ones who copy other people's music...like TUB YAJ...

however, ET does copy some too tho....

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
I dont get how many girls are like obsessed with ET! his musics are horribly thought out and planned and so overrated. SERIOUSLY! somebody needs to tell that boy and his sister to be more original.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
from what i've seen Hmoob Me Kas are more original than the ones over seas...take Sounders...Whyteshadow...New Breed..the bigger hmong bands/ singers and like the smaller ones too..like Sudden Rush..Mai Yia Vue...they're if not all mostly original...

i dun mind them remaking songs...as long as they dun ruin it for the orignal...it's alwaise fun to hear it w/ a different language..like tat song Khun Jai Ngai freaking goodness that song has like millions of remakes..the original is thai, there's a hmong, chinese, japanese, english, and even a GERMAN version...eekkk

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
I dont get how many girls are like obsessed with ET! his musics are horribly thought out and planned and so overrated. SERIOUSLY! somebody needs to tell that boy and his sister to be more original.
FINALLY! -_- someone said something...his recent music has been horrible i admit i like the first ablum...but eww..not anymore.and he needs to do someting to his hair..it's so..so..so...watever....yuck...i find it very disturbing the amount of girls crazie for ET..

mly

sarNie Hatchling
:loool: I don't get it too. When I listen to his very few songs, it hurts my ear. I was never a fan of his, probably will never be too. Plus, who is his sister?

Anywho, I don't care what song Hmong peeps copy, but some just make the song sound so horrible. Like some who can't even sing and seems to be struggling when singing a high notes, will sing a song that sounds so nice and make it awful.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
The only singers that used the same music over and over are Hmong thai and Hmong Laos. When I listened to Hmong Americans stuff, they sounded original. I liked Sudden Rush's stuff a lot. These weekends I bought Like' Wise, Sudden Rush, and Xeng Vue's CDs. They are totally rocked and sounded very original to me, whether they are or are not, they are good. Their voices are hot as well as their lyrics, so I don't care if they are not original, because I'm totally hooked with their music, their songs, their lyrics, their voices. I feel their songs, and I don't they they are copied. Well, I do care, but... I think Hmong did make their music a little bit different from Chinese, Korean, Thai, or American stuff. Hmong bands rock!!! To me, they are way, way much better than Korean or Chinese songs.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
ok, ill point something out..

This song, "baby, im so sorry,"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcMRR9glLCQ

there's one in chinese ,thai && in other languages. -> even hmong so hey, everyone copies everyone..

just like the trends these days too. it starts in JAPAN && then it hits the U.S.A last.

Another one, the movie "SHUTTER". the americans copy the Thai.. so now what? :lol:

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
ok, ill point something out..

This song, "baby, im so sorry,"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcMRR9glLCQ

there's one in chinese ,thai && in other languages. -> even hmong so hey, everyone copies everyone..

just like the trends these days too. it starts in JAPAN && then it hits the U.S.A last.

Another one, the movie "SHUTTER". the americans copy the Thai.. so now what? :lol:
which hmong meskas remade this song?? cuz i havent heard a remake by ne hmong meskas's at all...only overseas...

n im kinda lost about what ur trying to say...r u trying to debate that hmong meskas needs to stop copyin...or r u saying that singers, in general, needs to stop copying...cuz what im gettin is that ur saying singers need to stop copying...

cecilia

Staff member
it's mostly the oversea that OVERUSE the background score. I mean, like someone in here mention already. some of the lyric dont' even go with the song or the voice just doesn't match at all. Some can't even sing and some keeps making remake of the same song with different lyric. WHY CAN'T THEY come up with different music for different lyric, if you have the time to write them lyric, why can't you compose your own tune? If ppl really want to be original, they needs to stop recycling same tune. Make their own tune to fit their own lyric, heck, i would pay to get them copy if it's original but i see over the weekend that MOST of the song are ALL REMAKE ..

AND YES. like someone here said. I WONDER if they have any copyright to this at all .. it's pretty much a ripped out of others.

anyone notice. ZOOM ZOOM of TATA Young and Ashley Tisdale was made into a Hmong version too. I mean, it's good and everything but in the end, it all consider COPY.

Any writers shouldn't let their beautiful lyric be call 'copy' by using someone else's tune.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
which hmong meskas remade this song?? cuz i havent heard a remake by ne hmong meskas's at all...only overseas...

n im kinda lost about what ur trying to say...r u trying to debate that hmong meskas needs to stop copyin...or r u saying that singers, in general, needs to stop copying...cuz what im gettin is that ur saying singers need to stop copying...

I have heard this song, "baby im so sorry," in hmong before. not sure who sang it but i have.

im not debating that hmong meska should stop. I'M saying everyone copies everyone so there's no big deal.

Such as movies && trends these days. <- everyone is copying everyone. so doesnt matter who copies who..

understand?