Why do highschool girl's like dating older men

noon_w

sarNie Egg
Why do high-school girl's like dating older college guys?
I have a cousin, her friend is 16 and her boyfriend is 21.

What's your input?

I think, it's a high-school thing. Girl's from high-school likes to show off to their friends so they can look cool.?
and i believe they will eventually grow out of it.

what do you think?

Libra078

sarNie Juvenile
It's not only highschool girls it's also middle school.
I've asked and for most of the guys want one thing on there
mind is sex!! I've also ask my lil sisters friend she's only 14
and she has a boyfriend that is 18 or 21! "Supposly" they think
that older boys treat them like there older and don't treat them like
they are little kids but treat them like adults!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
It's personal preference. Some girls like mature men, so they tend to date older men when in high school. My rule of thumb, no one younger than 4 years and no one older than 5 years. That is just me lol. So in this case, she is a bit too young, I understand if she was 17-18 and he was 20-25.

LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
The first thing that came to mind was the term "Sugar Daddy". :lol:
Girls want to be pampered and I doubt Highschool guys could afford to satisfy their every need. Or simply because older guys are supposedly more "mature"--though personally I think most men are plain horny dogs.

And a 14 yr old girl with a 21 yr old man makes me think pedophile. -_-

Mya

sarNie Hatchling
I think the main reason is because older men tend to give them more respect and attention. Whereas guys around their age still act childish and aren't serious when it comes to relationships.

s0pH1aYaNg

sarNie Egg
ive dated older men before (im 16 and they're between 21-25)and comparing them to high school guys that i've dated before the older guys are more trustful and loyal than HS guy and treat you better becaus HS guy cannot AFFORD you THINGS..SHOPPING! lol :D

*Little Tip*
Date guys that really really LIKES you and make them wait for you so that if you 2 get into a relationship he'll love you more and cherish you more.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Honestly? In my opinion? Because girls now a days are to eager to grow up. I think girls need to focus on school and getting an education then having a boyfriend in high school.

1. If you're in high school and the guy is college/graduated/just an old drop out. Then after awhile they will realize you are just a high school girl and is still immature and end up breaking up with you

2. There are some questionable things about a guy who would date a girl who is younger than he is -.-"

*When I was in high school I was about 16 and I was dating a guy who was like 19/20 one of those lol and things were really rocky. He was more immature than I was! SO this is another possibility a guy who wants to date a younger girl probably has the state of mind of guys her age

If you ask a guy that dates younger girls why they do it the all to famous response will be, "Cause she's more mature than girls her age and my age."

LOL, To be honest no offense to anyone, but that is bull shit in a bag of chips. You may like to think that you're mature, but you aren't. When people told me that I was too mature for my age at that time. I'll admit that I believed it, but that's a different thing. At 16 I was taking care of my 4 little sisters while parents worked. I had a job. I was taking AP classes and community college classes at night so of course I thought I was mature, but then I realized that I wasn't because I cared to much of what my boyfriend of the time thought of me. If he got mad at me because I didn't have time to spend with him. I would get all emo thinking I'm a bad girlfriend and etc etc (that's signs of immaturity because I didn't know how to defend myself and not let his words affect me) anyways .. after awhile he turned into a nightmare he was pressuring me to have sex with him, "If you love me then you'll give me your virginity to prove that you'll always be with me."

Luckily at this point I kind of grew up and realized that a relationship is as important to me as school is. I told him to eff off and leave me alone... Of course I was still immature at this point so when he came crawling back and saying, "I'm sorry I just thought that I was losing you so I wanted to get you pregnant to keep you with me. But I know it's stupid and I'm sorry." I forgave him ...

Then, he ends up sleeping with someone close to me :lol: that ended things permanently

What I'm saying is if you're young then keep your head on school. There are great opportunities to meet great guys in college. Guys that actually have a clear path in life and someone that will not be shy to treat you like the queen that you are =]

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
This topic is very interesting, maybe because they want to be treat like an adults? LOL IDK

At the same time, I don't understand why some high school girl's will date college older guys anyway, i don't think it's cool depending
on the guy if he is a crack head or not. LOL

Just because college guys are older, that doesn't mean they are mature. All guys are immature, especially when
it comes to girl's. Not women but little girl's like h.s girl's, college guys tend to get the one that never had a boyfriend before so they can take advantage of the girl. Yep. it's true in some cases, im not saying all but they play their dirty game.

And very true, college guys might have money, that is their "financial aid" money to slap the girl in the face
to get what they want. *REality: Get Real dude, you ain't rich," hahaa
So, if any girl's think (some)college guys out there are rich, cool, mature. they are not. :D They
are only after one thing and if you are smart you know they are trying to get into your panties.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/opinion/20dowd.html

http://www.momversation.com/blog/women-less-happy-men

It's a cycle kind of thing. I don't know how to explain it. I.E. Donald Trump, movie stars, etc.

- Young girls want to be with an older man
- Young guys usually want to date an older women
- Older women want to date younger guys
- Older gentlemen want to date younger lady.

anan

sarNie Adult
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/opinion/20dowd.html

http://www.momversation.com/blog/women-less-happy-men

It's a cycle kind of thing. I don't know how to explain it. I.E. Donald Trump, movie stars, etc.

- Young girls want to be with an older man
- Young guys usually want to date an older women
- Older women want to date younger guys
- Older gentlemen want to date younger lady.
totally agree with CTR lol,,,
- Young girls want to be with an older man --> looking for mature & responsible & security & maybe $$$$ for shopping as one of our Sarnies mentionned here lol
- Young guys usually want to date older women --> young guy but maybe with mature in mind... or simply looking to be spoiled, or an alternative to his lack of maternal love, that's why.
- Older women want to date younger guys --> to feel younger again
- Older gentlemen want to date younger lady. --> to contemplate an eternal beauty like a rose which will never fades away... :p

kulyia

RUK
i am a high school student. i find guys my age and older both attractive. i guess you can say because they can help you with transportation and can actually GO places. lol. the feeling and thought of Independence is something i look for in a guy. :)

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Yeah, I don't know about other countries but in the states that's illegal. Well, maybe not the strictly dating part but I think it becomes illegal when the man starts getting intimate with the minor. Tsk Tsk.

I've seen it since Jr. High and I find it just as disturbing now as back then.
I guess maturity level explains some of it. Girls mature faster than boys so high school girls and early 20 something men have the same maturity level?

17 almost 18 is understandable if the guy was still in his early 20s because they're really not that far apart in age. Once the person is 18 it really doesn't matter because they're considered adults by then, whether or not they're still in high school.

i don't think it's just a "high school" thing though...there are women who date and marry men five or ten years their senior; there are also women who marry guys 20+ years their senior...we, as a society, accept that women (18+) can date guys five or six years their senior, but why is it that we think that it's inappropriate at the high school level? most relationships, now and over the past decades, have involved an older man and a younger woman (by a few years).

myx

sArNieZ
when i was in HS, my english teacher once told us girls that guys tend to date younger girls because they want to be the bigger person. guys
don't tend to me mature like how they look. a 18 year old guy may find that a 16 year old girls maturity and his is at the same level.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
i don't think it's just a "high school" thing though...there are women who date and marry men five or ten years their senior; there are also women who marry guys 20+ years their senior...we, as a society, accept that women (18+) can date guys five or six years their senior, but why is it that we think that it's inappropriate at the high school level? most relationships, now and over the past decades, have involved an older man and a younger woman (by a few years).
It's inappropriate at the high school level if they're underage. Underage means they're not legally adults yet, which really has nothing to do with their mentality, it's just the law.
Five years older is nothing really once you've reached 18. In fact it's pretty normal. A ten year difference is less common but again usually acceptable after the age of 18. It's the whole legally adult thing. The big age difference between men and women is actually fairly normal and goes back many decades, it's just that recently in the last 20 years that's changed to a smaller age gap. But like I said, it really only applies to minors.

The five year gap is no big deal between an 18 year old and a 23 year old. Now it would be weird and illegal if it were a 10 year old and 15, or a 15 and a 20 year old. The difference between the latter is that one is a child and the other an adult. It might've been acceptable in the old days when the average person didn't live pass the age of 40 but times have changed.

mailee_xox

sarNie Adult
Because there are just such girls like that and guys out there who just likes "younger, childish" high school girls. But everyone has their own preferences. I'm not saying I would date an older, older guy but its better than dating a younger guy. I have a cousin who's 20 and his gf is 16. His gf is very childish, kiddish, and is a total baby to my cousin. Their relationship irritates me because my cousin babys his gf so much! And I'm just like "don't you get tired of her whining and complaining about not having and getting things her way????" But then again, my cousin is an idiot, stubborn, and immature as well, so I guess they're suitable.

anan

sarNie Adult
Because there are just such girls like that and guys out there who just likes "younger, childish" high school girls. But everyone has their own preferences. I'm not saying I would date an older, older guy but its better than dating a younger guy. I have a cousin who's 20 and his gf is 16. His gf is very childish, kiddish, and is a total baby to my cousin. Their relationship irritates me because my cousin babys his gf so much! And I'm just like "don't you get tired of her whining and complaining about not having and getting things her way????" But then again, my cousin is an idiot, stubborn, and immature as well, so I guess they're suitable.
despite the difference in age, i often think that Birds of a feather flock together, idiots with idiots, smart with smart, high-so with high-so.... lol... the wave of love & attraction defined by our blinded-heart preference if not guided by our reason... :p