Wisconsin Economic Support Programs..

tshavntuj

sarNie Egg
Last month, a Hmong couple whom is married in the Hmong culture but not legal in the American eye, in Madison were charge with misdemeanor for the usage of foodshare(food stamp), and medical assistance. All I was told from my cousin whom is working down in Madison's Department of Human Services is that the couple had lied about the numbers of people in their household, income, and where they both where living. The wife claim that she was not married in the Hmong culture but had a boyfriend. She had two small children and she gave them an address where she claimed she was living with some cousins but she wasn't. And as for the husband, he was living with his parents.

When the agencies found out that there was something funny about the wife's case, they gave it to law enforcement for investigation. And then the police knocked on the couple's parents' home and then read them a search warrant and gave them the copy of the warrant. And started to search their home, both of the couples were home at that time and they were both arrested too. How sad?

I asked my cousin about what's going to happen to the couple but all she can tell me is that she doesn't know because the police have lots of evidences to nail the couple. And she did told me that a lots of the Economic Support Programs throught out Wisconsin now have law enforcement to investiagte cases that sounds fishy. And they have the rights to go into your bank accounts, school records, hospital, and other.. This is how they find evidences to nail the case.

Easily frightened huh..?

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
it's sad to hear news about hmong people like this but who ever the couple is should know better not to lie especially when it comes to things like this. lying to a social worker is not a good idea or anything that deals with the state's help.

moonstar

sarNie Adult
It's sad to hear this but they should have known better. People need to live by the laws b/c it's the only way the government can control and regulate America. It's more sad to hear that people take America for granted and cheat the system. I hope these people and other people not just Hmong realize that the law enforcement are serious about this and they need to stop. Many people would do anything to stay on welfare which I find very annoying. While other work their @$$ off and pay tax, many people on welfare stay home and make babies which is unfair. I'm not saying everyone does but according to many people I know.