would you date other people if you liked someone?

vina_lek

guys... opinion please! would you guys date other people if you already liked someone else but wasn't dating or in a serious relationship w/ this someone? and how would you guys feel if you were dating someone you really liked, but the person likes someone else & lets you know that?

yeah. i am confused. :spin:

Muddie Murda

smile...
Well........I'm pretty loyal, and you can ask my fellow friends. :D
But if I really really really really liked someone, I wouldn't date anyone else.
And if my guy likes another girl (non-celebrity) and shows it, eff him. :D Can't be with someone like that.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Yeah...I happen to do it way too often. I'll like a girl but for one reason or another (she usually doesn't know why), I can't or won't date her. But it's easier to just date a girl you don't care about as much. It's messed up yah, but if I were you, I'd dump that guy who you're dating. Because I know I'd dump me if I was you and that guy you're dating was me...nvm. The point is that there's probably no point in dating someone who wasn't really into you in the first place. I dated girls thinking that maybe I'll have feelings for them. But it never materialized in a significant way.

In other words...dump that fool.

noungning

Heartless
lol wow.

be true to yourself. if u don't like em and if u like em but they don't like u... there are more fishes in the ocean. the sea is kinda small. :p

vina_lek

haha whoa guys.

i kind of like someone, but i'm not ready for a serious relationship. weird. it's always been like that. whenever someone i really like gets really close to me, i freak out. not that i don't like the person the same way back....

weird. i know, but maybe being really close to someone scares me off or something. :blink: and yeah, they always end up giving up on me eventually, & then there's other people. it's not like it gets easier each time either. -_-

i guess i'm a little confused myself which is why much of this post isn't going to make any sense. sorry guys! right now, it's a little different, b/c this person i like doesn't seem like they're going to give up on me as quickly like the rest, & that of course, scares me. so i was thinking about maybe laying off this person and just seeing other people for a while and see how it goes.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
nope. too much headache.

i much rather not toy with people's heart.
Well said Namie....short and simple that's the way we like it uh huh uh huh that's the way we like it. :D

haha whoa guys.

i kind of like someone, but i'm not ready for a serious relationship. weird. it's always been like that. whenever someone i really like gets really close to me, i freak out. not that i don't like the person the same way back....

weird. i know, but maybe being really close to someone scares me off or something. :blink: and yeah, they always end up giving up on me eventually, & then there's other people. it's not like it gets easier each time either. -_-

i guess i'm a little confused myself which is why much of this post isn't going to make any sense. sorry guys! right now, it's a little different, b/c this person i like doesn't seem like they're going to give up on me as quickly like the rest, & that of course, scares me. so i was thinking about maybe laying off this person and just seeing other people for a while and see how it goes.
Wait wait why are you scared if you like him and he likes you? Are you scared to commit? Or are you afraid of your own feelings? haha that sounded cheesy. If I was you and I liked him and he liked me then I would date him instead of find someone else to date. I'm sure that relationship with someone that you think you will like instead of already liking will not be a pretty one or a happy one. I think you'll always be looking for someone else to make you feel complete so why not just date the one that you already like since he is pursuing you. K I need to stop rambling I am getting repetitive. Or if you really are scared then just tell him you're not ready or something but don't go see someone else. That's messed up! Don't be like Marduk lol.

Speaking from experience you feel shitty if you date someone that you like but he likes someone else. Who wants to be second place? Like Ning said there are many more fishes in the sea.

vina_lek

haha. i scare easily. :rolleyes: yeah. i think i'll make it known i'm not ready again (already did it about 2x before i think i remember). it's kind of hard being not ready and having the other person be completely ready -- i seriously feel uncomfortable & the guilty conscience, people! and i guess at the end, i will have to let this one go somehow. if when i'm ready and the person is still there, then... we'll see then i guess.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
like what marduk says: if he's not into you then might as well let him go... (man why cant i tell myself that..lol)... i mean think of it..... has he ever put effort into getting to know u? does he call u as much as u call him?? is he willing to take a day off just to go out with... spending time?? if yes he's trying then it's worth staying in.. but if no, i advise u to stop before he starts disliking u girl.....

hmm u must be scared of commitment... i'm like that too..... but sometimes if u really do like that person and think it's worth trying then go for it... cause if u just hold back... ur gunna regret on alotta things like me.... lol Good Luck Vina_Lek.... just dont let ur mind make all the decisions, follow ur heart okay :)

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
like what marduk says: if he's not into you then might as well let him go... (man why cant i tell myself that..lol)... i mean think of it..... has he ever put effort into getting to know u? does he call u as much as u call him?? is he willing to take a day off just to go out with... spending time?? if yes he's trying then it's worth staying in.. but if no, i advise u to stop before he starts disliking u girl.....
I think the calling thing is a horrible way to measure it. I for one, hate calling people. That doesn't mean I don't like them. I'm just don't like being on the phone as much.

noungning

Heartless
haha. i scare easily. :rolleyes: yeah. i think i'll make it known i'm not ready again (already did it about 2x before i think i remember). it's kind of hard being not ready and having the other person be completely ready -- i seriously feel uncomfortable & the guilty conscience, people! and i guess at the end, i will have to let this one go somehow. if when i'm ready and the person is still there, then... we'll see then i guess.
wow... i mean if he likes u, u like him... that is something that signaling some good news for some time, however i can't say it measures to a happy ending.

the more i read this... with your response and your questioning...it sounds more like u are ready for the relationship but u are afraid of what will come of the relationship... sorry but it really sounds as if you are saying if you are saying yes to be in a relationship, u are saying yes to sex. i might be over thinking it, but it really does seem that way. especially saying "it's kind of hard being not ready and having the other person be completely ready -- i seriously feel uncomfortable & the guilty conscience"... but eh it's just me.

I think the calling thing is a horrible way to measure it. I for one, hate calling people. That doesn't mean I don't like them. I'm just don't like being on the phone as much.
true. my boyfriend completely hates talking on the phone. and he doesn't call me much either. i'm the one who usually calls :(

vina_lek

yeah. for some, saying 'yes' to a relationship is like saying 'yes' to sex. we're not there yet. :blush: the person actually comes from a more conservative family than mine. i don't think it's something to worry about.. but then again, you never know. :lol:

i can see you guys on the phone thing. person never calls unless we're meeting up, but the person always makes time for me on a whim whenever i want to meet up... but yep... no phone... no contact online... will only make time to meet up w/ me but refuses phone, email, im... all that, haha. :lol:

i guess, in a way, i realize i'm a little cuckoo in the head myself and am not the type of girl to be in a relationship. :spin: i don't do the other person completing me belief at all. i kind of want to be a complete person on my own, & that's when i'll be ready for a relationship. plus, i want to focus on my studies & career. even if the person wants to wait for me, i don't want them to... b/c i would plain feel bad and feel like having someone do so would hinder me just doing my own thing for now and becoming more confident in myself... more me in a way. :unsure:

although i do agree that relationships do teach you a lot about yourself. :) i just kind of don't want to hurt anyone, if i'm mindful about my actions. hm... which is probably another reason why i don't want to be cuckoo w/ someone i care about, b/c it hurts more doing it to someone you care about versus someone you don't(though this is also wrong :blink: )

u00htg2

sarNie Hatchling
vina lek, you kinda sound like me. LOL. I had my whole life planned out. I was totally focused on study all through school and college and planned to get married after I was 30. So no "serious" relationship at all until I met my husband in my last year of college. Totally fell in love and got married at 21 or 22. Why did I threw my plans into the wind? Because I could see him in my future and he was complementing who and what I wanted to be, so I didn't "let go of my dreams". I just saw him as part of that dream and he has made me a better person.

I would encourage you to follow your dreams. If you don't see him in your future as a complement to who you are and who you want to be, then tell your friedn to come back in 5 years (or however long it takes before you're ready) if he's still interested and is free.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Go for it....if you like someone and that person likes someone else and he tells you and it shows...and there another guy that likes you..and you kinda like him too then go for it...don't hold urself bak and wait for anyone...anything can happend..you might build up more effection as time goes on without knowing it! Thats my opionin.

vina_lek

thank you for the input ladies. ;)

i think i'll be dating, but nothing serious. just getting to know more & meet more people type of thing. :spin: while i stay focused on my dreams, i'll try to keep it all in balance & of course, perspective. ;)

i had a thing a while back where i really like this guy but he was dating this girl... he would tell me that he's thinking about leaving her cause she was those loose girls and he doesn't like.... but he never like said he liked me and i had liked him for a long time... but i didn't want to bug in their relationship and there was another guy that liked me and i had went out with that guy... cause i figured if i went out with someone who likes me is better than getting all hung over someone who already has someone else.... but it was wrong wat i did... so i told that guy before we went on dating for a week how i really felt and he didn't take it so well... so i suggest don't date other ppl if ur crushing on someone... it might not end up so good.

of course i would date someone i don't like. hahah. if that person is hot, know how to cook, and clean. fo sho fo sho. lmao