❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I love Thai Ost. There are songs that I can go back and listen to. And yes, an Ost is very important to the drama. Sometimes the song is a little upbeat and when they tried to used it in a sad scene it messed up the moment.

I like Thai full house actually. That's the only remake I watched in its entirely. The only thing that bothers me about Mike is his nose. But Thai version has more cute moments and a lot of people (internationally) surprisingly like Aom/Mike more.

I can understand why Korean's side is cautious about casting and all. The drama is like their pride and joy and if another country wants to remake it they want to get it right as possible. And the lead are so essential and the core of the drama. If that part isn't right it couple potentially be a disaster. With that being said, I am looking forward to some pics of the new "dimple" couple.

P

PrincessKarina

On the Thai Princess Hours:
  1. It has a shorter episode count and a shorter episode length than the Korean version, and still manages to be more draggy. Well done!
  2. The lead couple has virtually zero chemistry in the drama, but their chemistry is overflowing in the MVs. I feel like I got conned into watching, and now I really want my time back.
  3. The choice of the opening theme. I can accept that the songs are bad, but the opening theme was inexplicably bad. I think Thai OSTs can be very good, but I'm not a fan of most (disclaimer, my log has < 10 dramas). There are some that I really really like though.
  4. I have no words for the acting.
  5. Rather than a Korean vibe, I think they are just trying too hard which makes the whole thing feel cheesy.
Hopefully this remake will be tons better. *crossing fingers*
Agree! I am a huge fan of the Korean piece (also loving Kim Soo-Hyuan and Jun Ji-Hyun) that is the only reason I might tune in this remake! I am not a fan of Nadech nor Matt but am open minded though. BTW I want to watch the Philippines' version but don't know where. I thought the Filipino actor was hot despite his long hair! But the actress I thought was decent. Lol:)

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I have seen the MVs to PH and watched up to episode 2 and I could not get into it. I don't know if it's the pranang that can't pull me in. The setting of the lakorn is beautiful so elaborate but yet it's lacking something. I also don't feel like they have chemistry. To me, they make Pattie' s character try to be too cute that I can't see past the acting. I love cuteness but it has be subtle ones...when it's in my face cute I completely lose sight of the character.

Beside, I love the original.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Funny, I watched Koren Full House because it reminded me of Thai drama where n'ek pretends to be married to Pa'ek. There was a lot of that kinda lakorns back in the 90's. I never got into the Thai version FH. Saw an episode of PH, but couldn't get into it, they made Pattie hair so funky. I find it too silly.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Seriously they made the n'ek in PH overact so much like when she was screaming at guy it was exactly how the korean girls like to act. I'm only judging from the tser though. That's one thing I hate about kdramas, the main girls have that ugly bob cut hair and they overact too much especially when they're mad but also try to be cute with it. I'm glad in this one the main actress does not get that bob hair cut. I'm sorry but the korean actresses always make that clueless dumb face especially if they are poor or something.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I plan to check out the PH Thai cause I adore Pattie but I won't lie the rest of the cast puts me off a bit for some reason. That's the thing with the whole "aegyo image" or whatever that K-drama heroines are known for, it fits their drama's because that's just how it is over there. The moment you take that out of Korea & implant it elsewhere, it doesn't match. Which is why I'm keeping my fingers-crossed that they don't do that here, no copy & pasting what Korea is like and just giving it a Thai face. The beauty of remakes/adaptations is when you see the source material in a new light.

I'm still vouching for Zeal to be a part of the OST lol. The last lakorn I watched was MKLFF and that only had 2 songs ... BUT I think it's safe to assume that there will at least be 4 songs here or is that too many for a lakorn now or days?.

I'm throwing this out there, since I would like another leading hero to be a part of this project & even though it's highly unlikely but still I think it'd be cool to see Andrew.G as Lee Jae Kyung (or even Ken.T). I feel he'd be awesome as a villain.

Last edited:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I am not ready to see my baby Drew as a villain cause he was just too innocent and honest in MKLFF lol. Aum would be a better villain cause his eyes alone would be key.

If they try to be a twin with the k version then I see it going downhill. They need to keep their identity not try to escape it.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I just like the idea of an actor we least expect to go all villain on us lol. IDK if you can go all experimental with your actors on this project but still it'd be cool to see. Aum would be a good choice too !

byebye

sarNie OldFart
If Andrew is the bad guy I would get too distracted. I would be picturing Matt with the villain instead and probably forget Nadech in here lol. I need to focus on my pranang. I want a good villain where when he is on screen you get that vibe. The guy that play Way isn't bad...he was so annoying and good as the bad guy that I wished he was off my screen the moment he was on lol. I have a love/hate thing going for someone good like that. But yes, they need skilled actors/actresses for this. The shoes isn't just big to fill but more like an earthquake big:)

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
When your casually watching fancams (which by the way, you pick up on so much lol #dynamics) and spot this (12 minute mark):
- It's only a few seconds long but still, it's the most I've ever seen of the two interacting (besides that shopping mall event). Their equation is already at the point where Matt will hit him lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Lol...Matt is just so out there. Her little dance. That's why I said, Matt would never be shy around Nadech. That's asking too much from her lol. It is simply not her personality anyway. She have met him enough even though only a few times to be comfortable around him. And once Matt starts hitting you, there's no turning back.

Honestly, if it wasn't pointed out I would have missed their interaction because I was too focused on her and Great. They have such a sweet relationship.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
Same, I was focusing on all the pairings and then was pleasantly surprised when I saw them standing next to each other & having a little joke lol.

Great & Matt are goals tbh. The kind of friendship they have is quite rare, especially in the kind of industry they're in.

P

PrincessKarina

I don't want another well known actor like Mario or Ken P to play Lee Jae Kyung. No! Lol. Maybe a less popular actor like Pop I would be ok with playing this role. :)