❤️ Various ET News

nat12

sarNie Adult
Mark and Yaya drama rating is even beaten by Prom Likhit rerun, that’s is some mess. Looking at the trailer, I didn’t even have the urge to watch it.
Yes… when I saw the trailer before the show went on air, I was like… why is the selling point of this drama just about this couple being caught in bed or kissing scenes? It doesn’t give a good impression of this drama… like… is this just how you create a drama? :confused:

I was already annoyed by excessive love scenes in PL - and that’s for a screen couple I like!

re: Bella’s hi-so…. Yiiikes.. so that’s the link I’ve been seeing around in IG. it’s a business article link so I was too lazy to try and decipher it. Isnt he some kind of fund manager/venture capitalist type? Man, if that’s the truth about his businesses though.. no wonder the Chinese have a saying. something like wealth in the family doesn’t last for more than 3 generations.

that means the arguments back and forth on twitter between netizens, P fans, B fans, PB fans have some reason behind it. I think most of them are nuts and being nonsense but I still wish that Bella find a good person for herself as she deserves.

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
I saw some Yaya & Mark fan complaining about the drama & its promotion. I agree with them.. like what are ch3 thinking. People expecting a more mature role and plot for their reunion and not a total comedy genre. i also would like to blame their promotion. ch3 always focus on love scene. Audience nowadays care more about a good plot & character development. Hot love scene are just a bonus.

Regarding bella i hope she got a good man.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
I saw some Yaya & Mark fan complaining about the drama & its promotion. I agree with them.. like what are ch3 thinking. People expecting a more mature role and plot for their reunion and not a total comedy genre.
Is their drama a remake?

Actually I wouldn’t mind comedy genre if it’s a smart drama? I feel like this drama gives the feel of an evening or daytime drama, and it’s totally wasting Mark & Yaya. I know for Thai dramas fans like to see certain stars work together cos of how they perceive their talent & chemistry. But I really would rather see Ch3 invest in good scripts and cast actors based on who’s right for the role, not just the star factor. Because this current method is really doing a disservice to their artistes. If you try something different, new or groundbreaking, and audience doesn’t accept, that would at least be something. But you’re putting your A-listers in mediocre work, you’re dragging them all down with you.

At a merit event today, Bella was asked by reporters to comment on her relationship rumors and she answered very smartly. Something like, “in such a place like the temple it’s not appropriate to be talking about worldly matters.” She said she’s not really hiding anything but it would be better to talk about it at another occasion/opportunity. Even though the guy attended the event too.

See.. she’s really good at this. It’s the reporters that really look bad by asking her and joking around with her about this at this time. But then again when did Thai journalist ever have brains and sense of appropriateness when it comes to questioning celebs? :rolleyes: They almost made a merit event at the temple feel like an event at the market.

Last edited:

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
Is their drama a remake?

Actually I wouldn’t mind comedy genre if it’s a smart drama? I feel like this drama gives the feel of an evening or daytime drama, and it’s totally wasting Mark & Yaya. I know for Thai dramas fans like to see certain stars work together cos of how they perceive their talent & chemistry. But I really would rather see Ch3 invest in good scripts and cast actors based on who’s right for the role, not just the star factor. Because this current method is really doing a disservice to their artistes. If you try something different, new or groundbreaking, and audience doesn’t accept, that would at least be something. But you’re putting your A-listers in mediocre work, you’re dragging them all down with you.

At a merit event today, Bella was asked by reporters to comment on her relationship rumors and she answered very smartly. Something like, “in such a place like the temple it’s not appropriate to be talking about worldly matters.” She said she’s not really hiding anything but it would be better to talk about it at another occasion/opportunity. Even though the guy attended the event too.

See.. she’s really good at this. It’s the reporters that really look bad by asking her and joking around with her about this at this time. But then again when did Thai journalist ever have brains and sense of appropriateness when it comes to questioning celebs? :rolleyes: They almost made a merit event at the temple feel like an event at the market.
I dont know whether its a remake or not. And yes comedy genre is fine. I like comedy too however lafn comedy are kinda overdone imho. Many ppl comment the same thing too. Seriously they deserves a better drama/script. Even more because nowadays i feel like thai drama are getting a lot of attention. i feel bad for ch3 actors/actress.

Thats typical of thai media. really i hope bella got a good guy this time. someone who will give her the love that she deserve. but tbh rich ppl are kinda scary. im not saying they are bad but you know what i mean..

nat12

sarNie Adult
@*DramaCuties* That’s the thing… comedies can be interesting to watch. But at least they must first be smart dramas that happen to be comedic (like Two Hearts, BPS, Thong Ek/Mor Luang). The trailers for Mark & Yaya’s drama make it look like it’s a weak version of the comedy in 4 Hua Jai, which was practically their first ever drama. It’s so weird to see them acting in such shows again.

It would be like watching current Lee Dong Wook acting silly in a simple silly drama like My Girl again, after all the major roles that he’s done.

Thats typical of thai media. really i hope bella got a good guy this time. someone who will give her the love that she deserve. but tbh rich ppl are kinda scary. im not saying they are bad but you know what i mean..
No, I know exactly what you mean. Like they feel like they have stricter control over their reputation and image and all that. And being in showbiz, especially with entertainment media the way it is, it’s very easy to be involved in scandal by not even doing anything. Bella can handle herself very well in any case but rich families might not be as flexible.

But in any case, seems like things are going well for her. Cos the guy was at the event at the temple with his family.

Something about Bella that really amazes me is how comfortable she is with publicity. Almost every single she does, she courts publicity for it. Either she posts on social media, or she invites media for the event. I know she’s a public figure so it’s not surprising for her to do that. But doesn’t it get tiring to have every little thing in your life broadcasted to the world like that?

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
@*DramaCuties* That’s the thing… comedies can be interesting to watch. But at least they must first be smart dramas that happen to be comedic (like Two Hearts, BPS, Thong Ek/Mor Luang). The trailers for Mark & Yaya’s drama make it look like it’s a weak version of the comedy in 4 Hua Jai, which was practically their first ever drama. It’s so weird to see them acting in such shows again.

It would be like watching current Lee Dong Wook acting silly in a simple silly drama like My Girl again, after all the major roles that he’s done.

No, I know exactly what you mean. Like they feel like they have stricter control over their reputation and image and all that. And being in showbiz, especially with entertainment media the way it is, it’s very easy to be involved in scandal by not even doing anything. Bella can handle herself very well in any case but rich families might not be as flexible.

But in any case, seems like things are going well for her. Cos the guy was at the event at the temple with his family.

Something about Bella that really amazes me is how comfortable she is with publicity. Almost every single she does, she courts publicity for it. Either she posts on social media, or she invites media for the event. I know she’s a public figure so it’s not surprising for her to do that. But doesn’t it get tiring to have every little thing in your life broadcasted to the world like that?
Yes you explained it perfectly especially that example using lee dong wook. Thats what it feel when you watched yaya mark new drama.

If the man family are ok with bella then i guess fan can rest assure. And its hard to say because its her who will faced all these media (currently and also in the future). If she is comfortable with the publicity then we can only wish the best for her. This just reminding us that celebrity are indeed built different than us normal ppl.

nat12

sarNie Adult
If the man family are ok with bella then i guess fan can rest assure. And its hard to say because its her who will faced all these media (currently and also in the future). If she is comfortable with the publicity then we can only wish the best for her. This just reminding us that celebrity are indeed built different than us normal ppl.
Yes you made a good point there… it’s Bella who will have to face all this media now and in the future. But after someone else here brought up that issue about her bf’s business, I’m reminded of something else that makes me worried. Bella is talented, ambitious, good at her job and is a workaholic. We can never tell what will happen in the future. But I hope his family is truly comfortable with that and is not the type to expect her to give up her career or step back just so she wouldn’t outshine their boy or their family. This is just random speculation, because it’s not like we haven’t seen such examples of this before.

Most female dara with hi-so bf’s tend to not be so forward. But Bella doesn’t seem to know how to step back. Otherwise she wouldn’t be scooping up presenter jobs and events for just about everything, without knowing how to worry about overexposure. She will do whatever she wants to do, and she seems to want to do everything.

No point worrying about things that might never happen though. So long as she seems well and happy, then we as fans can just wish the best for her.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Bright and Nene is on a whole other level. There are the drama couple fans but also the China fans have blacklisted Bright and now Nene by association? I don't know the details but something about Bright's ex-girlfriend a few years back made a post that they interpreted it as anti-China and they wanted him to dump her or apologize. I hope Nene wasn't expecting to continue her career in China while dating him...

Bella's potential boyfriend is decent looking I guess, especially for a rich dude he's definitely one of the better looking ones. I don't know if he's that super rich rich cause he's from a side branch (say a millionaire vs a billionaire lol)? Kind of like Peach Pachara and his big family.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Bright and Nene is on a whole other level. There are the drama couple fans but also the China fans have blacklisted Bright and now Nene by association? I don't know the details but something about Bright's ex-girlfriend a few years back made a post that they interpreted it as anti-China and they wanted him to dump her or apologize. I hope Nene wasn't expecting to continue her career in China while dating him...
Oh goodness, the notorious C-fans. They don't even like their own celebrities, always having fan wars for no reason. They are the most annoying fan bases on this planet. Please stop jumping over the firewall.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Bella's potential boyfriend is decent looking I guess, especially for a rich dude he's definitely one of the better looking ones. I don't know if he's that super rich rich cause he's from a side branch (say a millionaire vs a billionaire lol)? Kind of like Peach Pachara and his big family.
Bella’s bf might not be super rich, but his family is very definitely is. Amongst Thai hi-so families, this family is No 1 wealthiest in most lists I’ve seen. If you’re talking about “side-branch” of families then isn’t it more cos of their wealth being distributed across generations thing? Same thing would apply to Pok & Peach who are not directly in the family biz but are allowed to run their own biz within the big family company. Pok is technically Peach’s uncle, btw if I recall correctly.

But that whole family remains close-knit… they bought land just so each family can build their own giant mansions close to each other and still live close.

These old wealthy families are huge cos the grandfathers (who built the empires) had several wives and many children. So that affected wealth distribution. But as a collective they practically own the country.

Until Bella’s bf charts his own success, it’s his family lineage and wealth that netizens go crazy over. And the fact that he’s not old and ugly. lol typical lakorn trope.

My worry is that Bella has a dominant personality/attitude that she doesn’t really know how to tamp down. It’s a factor towards her success so I think she shouldn’t anyway. But many men can’t take that. Sure they like strong pretty n’ek at first but after a while they tend to have problems with dominant women. I also notice that prominent families do like their women to appear capable and talented, but they can’t quite accept them outshining their men.

All these are lakorn tropes which bore me, but often they are ground in truth. There is still misogyny and sexism that runs through Thai entertainment and society.

bit

sarNie Adult
Peach and Pok family are royally connected, that is why they have so much land. Similar to Pope and P’Nong, royally connected too, but kept it down.

People are going gaga because the guy is young, on the better looking side not someone Aum has dated:risas3: and connected to CP although he seems to come from the distant brach of it. But looking at his business, all he did was open and close businesses.

nat12

sarNie Adult
People are going gaga because the guy is young, on the better looking side not someone Aum has dated:risas3:
:risas3:
But now that people know him… watch Bella might have to fend off rivals. That’s sadly how the world works today.

I sound like I’m so negative. I really wish Bella will find happiness. But I’m also quite cynical and not some blind fangirl with hearts in her eyes. I think Bella is talented and very savvy, but I also haven’t forgotten her magazine photoshoots with W conveniently timed each time he was in a scandal.

She’s very capable of handling problems. I just wish she didn’t have to. But it’s her life and fate.

bit

sarNie Adult
:risas3:
But now that people know him… watch Bella might have to fend off rivals. That’s sadly how the world works today.

I sound like I’m so negative. I really wish Bella will find happiness. But I’m also quite cynical and not some blind fangirl with hearts in her eyes. I think Bella is talented and very savvy, but I also haven’t forgotten her magazine photoshoots with W conveniently timed each time he was in a scandal.

She’s very capable of handling problems. I just wish she didn’t have to. But it’s her life and fate.
I don’t know… the guy a bit shaddy too… his business is currently looking for funder to his latest not yet bankrupt company (almost bankrupt) so all this free visibility kinda help him.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Marks been type casted so much, I've lost interest in his stuff. Think the last thing I liked was with Kao and even then, it was more bc of Kao.

He's a senior actor, hopefully he's allowed more say in what work he chooses and he chooses more challenging roles for himself next. He does good in crying scenes imo. I'd like to see him do a good melodrama or take on different genres again, and not just romcoms where he's the bully/gentle once he's in love.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Bella will soon learn that the rich and powerful play by a different rule. There are rich, then there are sky high rich, which in a sense they are untouchable. They aren't going to adapt to her personality rather she has to adapt to their environment. Her bf is probably bored as heck and opens up businesses like it's a hobby. If it works great, if not off to another one. If they have more money than a lifetime, there's no need to worry about a dozen of failed businesses, lol. Bella is a smart woman...her situation with Weir would be a prime example. She moved her chess pieces so well, and a great businesses woman. But for all the talent and great business mind she has. She still can't compete in the world of one of the most powerful and established family. Best of luck to her...

Side note: Never realized how many hi-so guys are wandering the streets in Thailand

nat12

sarNie Adult
Marks been type casted so much, I've lost interest in his stuff. Think the last thing I liked was with Kao and even then, it was more bc of Kao.

He's a senior actor, hopefully he's allowed more say in what work he chooses and he chooses more challenging roles for himself next.
Would he try his hand at becoming a producer? Pope has said before that his interests doesn’t lie in becoming a producer. He has also said he’s tired of working in romance dramas.

The problem is Ch3 really doesn’t know how to make good scripts that people today want to watch. I think their producers really should try watching what everyone else is watching online, including shows from other countries.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Bella will soon learn that the rich and powerful play by a different rule. There are rich, then there are sky high rich, which in a sense they are untouchable. They aren't going to adapt to her personality rather she has to adapt to their environment. Her bf is probably bored as heck and opens up businesses like it's a hobby. If it works great, if not off to another one. If they have more money than a lifetime, there's no need to worry about a dozen of failed businesses, lol. Bella is a smart woman...her situation with Weir would be a prime example. She moved her chess pieces so well, and a great businesses woman. But for all the talent and great business mind she has. She still can't compete in the world of one of the most powerful and established family. Best of luck to her...

Side note: Never realized how many hi-so guys are wandering the streets in Thailand
I feel like Thais give the titles of “hi-so” to rich guys and businessmen so easily, lol. But you make very good points there. Yeah the guy doesn’t need to work for a living and he has enough money to burn for a few lifetimes likely. But Bella built her wealth and success from scratch and has more to lose.

I don’t know if she has gained so much confidence in her success since her break-up that she feels confident in being able to do well with this guy and his family, no matter what happens between them. She seems to have made her choice though, so good luck to her. No one can tell the future anyway.

bit

sarNie Adult

He's a senior actor, hopefully he's allowed more say in what work he chooses and he chooses more challenging roles for himself next. He does good in crying scenes imo. I'd like to see him do a good melodrama or take on different genres again, and not just romcoms where he's the bully/gentle once he's in love.
While Mark has more projects than others, he is stuck with the same character. You can literally take his character for 3 of his latest drama and mix it up and no one can tell which is which. That is how uninspiring it is.

mymps03

sarNie Hatchling
Would he try his hand at becoming a producer? Pope has said before that his interests doesn’t lie in becoming a producer. He has also said he’s tired of working in romance dramas.

The problem is Ch3 really doesn’t know how to make good scripts that people today want to watch. I think their producers really should try watching what everyone else is watching online, including shows from other countries.
They try way too hard in my opinion. Like they try to adapt korea culture into their lakorn. Which is not Thai lakorn anymore. Y not expose thai culture in a more modern way. I think they are missing the target. Ch3 don’t even know what they are doing. Ch3 really need to do script contests. Let the outside people show their idea not just used their close to retirement employees do script which it not up to dates anymore.