Baby Names

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
Okay guys, I need some suggestions on cute baby names.
Hehe. The ones I came up with are kind of corny.
For a boy, I picked Apichet as first name and JR as middle name (hehe. gotta love Big and JR :wub: )
For a girl, Apiyada would be first and JJ would be middle.
I mean, I like those names, but I don't know, there might be better ones. What do you think?

MaNang

sarNie Hatchling
hmm, traditionally you would choose it according to day, with my niece (isn't she cute, she's on my avatar!) names starting with an s are good for friday babies so my sister chose Suchada. She had names for girls picked out for each day
I know its corny but I love the nickname Baeng (powder or flour, like Aom's character on Bangruk Soi 9)

noungning

Heartless
um are u leaning towards thai names or laotian names because u've listed all that sounded thai?

i tend to name kids according to mom's and dad's name and i'd make a pretty good mix. i've recommended some and seem like those who heard them liked it.

can u give me an example... like maybe u want ur kid to sound like ur name + another person's name like ur bf/gf mom dad wife/husband...

Reagan

sarNie Adult
any name you use just add vong, vang or bath at the end of it hehe and it will totally be laos!

Keomany

Music.heal.All
LostInKaos said:
Okay guys, I need some suggestions on cute baby names.
Hehe. The ones I came up with are kind of corny.
For a boy, I picked Apichet as first name and JR as middle name (hehe. gotta love Big and JR :wub: )
For a girl, Apiyada would be first and JJ would be middle.
I mean, I like those names, but I don't know, there might be better ones. What do you think?
[post="113608"][/post]​

ahah girl i know what you mean..we named my newphew Danuwong after Dan in D2B..its soo hard!

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
Hehe. That's cool you named him Danuwong...Yeah, if I have 2 boys, I can name one Apichet and the other Kawee. That'd be cool :D

Yep Reagan, I know tons of people with their names with Vong and Vang...Not much Bath though.

Noungning, The Thai names I've heard sound prettier than Laos names (Not to be offending us or anything), but maybe I should lean towards Laos names cuz I'm Laos. I don't know. Pretty much the only people who would know the difference is Lao and Thai people, not the Americans.

MaNang, I didn't know you name them depending on the day. So how does that work though? Do you have 7 names picked out and then when you do have the baby, pick that name? Because you never know when you're gonna have the baby.

MaNang

sarNie Hatchling
yep, that's what my sister did, she picked out names for each day, like 2 for monday and like 1 for wednesday, etc. you don't have to do this but Lao people believe that if you have a name suitable to your birthday, it will bring good luck to the person. Did you know that last year, the year of the rooster/chicken, girls were luckier than boys?! Yup, we were glad that my sister's baby was a girl when she was born last year.

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
For me, I like names that sound pretty or have good meanings...I already have a name picked out for my son...I'm not even pregnant yet but I'm pretty sure I want to give him this name.

Tyler Niranh (means forever)

He'll be part Laotian, part Vietnamese. We decided to give him an American first name b/c well you know why. A Laos middle name because he's Laos. Then his last name will be Vietnamese...His nickname will be Tye. lol...yall know why right? lol

If we have a girl, we'll name her Ashlyn Nalin (don't know what Nalin means but it sounds really really pretty)

dfemc

sarNie Adult
tye-niranh said:
If we have a girl, we'll name her Ashlyn Nalin (don't know what Nalin means but it sounds really really pretty)
[post="119324"][/post]​
nalin might be from the word nali, which means female/girl/lady. yeah it's a pretty one. :)

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Well my daughter name was picked by grandfather who's a monk in Lao.. It's really corny and very long but love the meaning..

Veemonnoiradee... Mean Heaven

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
vilasaeng said:
Well my daughter name was picked by grandfather who's a monk in Lao.. It's really corny and very long but love the meaning..

Veemonnoiradee... Mean Heaven
[post="121292"][/post]​
Yeah, that is long...I love the meaning!!! Very cute!!!

missjoy

sarNie Elites
tairvadah is angel... i though heaven is Savanh.. but I am sure there's many ways to say it and Veemonnoiradee is a more formal/fancy way to say it.

When I have a kid, I am going to try to incorporate my name and my spouses name.

Reagan

sarNie Adult
serious tairvadah is angel? MANNNNNn i been so wrong all my life!!!!!!!!!

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
wow! cute names...i really like lao names cause they sound different and i like the meanings...

vannitda

sarNie Hatchling
my favorite name has to be hmmmm my name. haha!

i love my name no one can pronouce it at first. haha!

Vannitda..they like to say Von-nee-tit-da and im like where did you get that out of Vannitda.

when i have a child i would name my child after me like...
Vannalie
Vannalai
but i love Nanhnalee.

my mother's name is Vanpheng
my aunt is Vanxay
my niece's middle name is Malavanh

in my family the guys name are
khamsavan
Khamsingeo
Khamsonphet
Khamsouvan
Khameren (not a laos name but it looks laos)
Khampang (my aunts name)

as you can tell my grandfather is OBSESS with GOLD! haha!

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
thanks for sharing some of the laos names!! my sister was looking for a name for her baby!!

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Hehe. That's cool you named him Danuwong...Yeah, if I have 2 boys, I can name one Apichet and the other Kawee. That'd be cool :D

Yep Reagan, I know tons of people with their names with Vong and Vang...Not much Bath though.

Noungning, The Thai names I've heard sound prettier than Laos names (Not to be offending us or anything), but maybe I should lean towards Laos names cuz I'm Laos. I don't know. Pretty much the only people who would know the difference is Lao and Thai people, not the Americans.

MaNang, I didn't know you name them depending on the day. So how does that work though? Do you have 7 names picked out and then when you do have the baby, pick that name? Because you never know when you're gonna have the baby.

I have two friends who are named after the day they were born. One is Vikanda (named after a Tuesday) and Souksyree (Souksyri) (after a friday).

But, then I also have cousins who are named partly from their dad and mom. For instance, My uncle's name was Ratsamee and my aunt was Viengmany. So, their daughter's name was Rathree. It combines the beginning of the fathers name with the ending of the mom's name.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Can anyone give me names of flowers? My aunt is having a baby and she really wants to name her baby after a flower. But, all the flower names are too common and she doesn't like the sound of some of them. If you do know Laos' flower names can you please give me some?

We already have somebody in the family with Mali (jasmine).