[CH3] Game Sanaeha (Lakorn Thai) : James Jirayu / Taew Natapohn

P

PrincessKarina

I have to say this is the best slap and kiss lakorn I have seen in ages! Some slap and kiss lakorns I don’t care for the pairing. This pairing is too hot to handle that’s why I’m so in love with JT! :love:

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
As everyone else said, very well said! I felt my heartstrings getting pulled while reading your piece. Thank you very much.

It just occurred to me, for those who watched the SJ series, Nai falls under the Chai Ruj archetype. He's practically serving everybody as @PrincessKarina said, being the nice guy that he is, because he feels inferior inside. And then the n'ek, who is this unreachable princess who is beloved to everyone, would come and make him realize his worth and cherish him more than anyone or anything.

I hope that conclusion is made in this lakorn. That part when Nok will fight for Nai in the same way that she is fighting for her parents.

The three characters, Penny, Khae and Nok are all foils for each other. All of them with parental issues, all of them "fighting" so to speak. Right now, it seems Nok is the meanest of them all (being evil to everybody) but actually she's the most virtuous.

Khae is flaky, "wanting" Nai then breaking his heart, then now making a mess out of Nok's family then "wanting" Nai back when everything has crumbled apart. At least Nok was focused and only wanted to destroy Nai to keep her world intact. KHAE IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING dammnit. And you guys are right. One word from momma and she's all over the place again. Really, she does not know what she wants. And she will not fulfill that need of Nai to be wanted and loved to the point of not letting go, because one word from mom, she'll let go. So she doesn't really want Nai. She wants to protect her self and do what is convenient.

Then we have Penny who wants everything! Well actually, not everything, but everything that Nok has. She wants to get rich, she wants Wet, she wants to be all that not for herself, but to beat Nok. The idea being Nok got her mom's love so she'll get everything back. But she's selfish too and that means she doesn't really want anything at all. Although she was making the moves on Nai, it will never work because she doesn't "want" Nai. She just wants to get even with Nok. Her motivation for doing things is wickedness.

And then there is Nok who wants to have her family together and wants Nai out. Why she wants Nai out - it's actually unclear right now (since we don't know yet if something else destroyed her love for Nai), but ostensibly, it's so she can be the only beloved child again. Her motivation is clear. She wants to be loved and insecure in that sense because she eliminates everyone who "lessens" that love from her parents. She will fight and not listen to everyone to get what she thinks she deserves (+points vs Khae) and she will only get what is hers from the begining (+points vs Penny)

She doesn't outwardly love Nai (but surely she loves him. We all know that, right?) but once she does, imagine how secure Nai would be? He will have this girl fighting for him and never ever letting him go (unlike his mom, or Khae) and do everything so he will keep loving her. Nai wants to be needed. He serves everyone because once he is of no use, he will be discarded, since his mom said he's just an outsider, he's just a burden. He needs to be needed to belong. If he cannot be "reused" or "recycled", he will just be useless trash. And who better to serve and adore than helpless madcat Nok? She will never run out of things that would need rescuing. Heck, Nai even has to rescue her from herself. But when the time comes that Nok loves him, she will need him because she loves him and not the other way around. That's the end point I want to see for Nai, just like what @SPMxoxo97 said.

Lastly, Nok isn't a mother yet, but she will be. Once she is, i hope they kind of make her realize that love isn't divided but multiplied. Her parents can love Nai but not love her any less. That's the only way she can learn to love Nai boundlessly. I imagine her thinking how can i love one without loving another less (since she's an only child, her brain works on a one is to one ratio) in the same way that she thinks her dad will love her less with Khae and Nai in the picture. But when she becomes a mother, she will realize a person is capable of having immeasurable amounts of love it can spill over and be more than enough for more people.
I never thought of it until you mentioned but Nai is the Chai Ruj archetype. They both get casted as kids who don’t belong up in the nobles but in the kitchen. They don’t know how to act bc they’re not really nobles (even though they technically are) or kids who belong in the kitchen. I can’t help but see it now that Nai is going to need a girl like Khun Ying who will fight for her man and want that man only. Which Nok would do later once she opens her heart. This is exactly going to be a storyline I favor bc Khun Chai Ruj was one of my faves out of the series. Love the connection! Thanks!! Ironically as I mentioned before, it’s the same exact Grandma too hehe.

sarNie Adult
Haha thanks everyone, i love reading about the lakorn too. It's like we have a book/lakorn club going on here.

I think Nai has a concept of self worth to some extent, @SPMxoxo97, like in that scene when he returns the ring to Khae and he says he wouldn't let anyone treat him that way again. And also, the very fact that he's determined (albeit having fear) to go ahead and pursue Nok means Nai has some level of confidence. He will get something. He will have someone who won't leave him. This is totally unlike Chai Ruj who left Wanrasa when he realized he's inferior, for fear of "staining" her. Nai's words in the slap scene are powerful. He said he will make Nok want to beg to be hugged by him.

For those who watched Padiwarada, you'll see it's the reverse here too. Rin is to Nai, while Nok is to Saran. Rin in Padiwarada was the main character of the story. She was pitiful but she had pride. I mean, you won't pity her but instead root for her. The same screenplay writer did both padiwarada and Game Sanaeha so I think s/he knows the ins and outs of the topic well.

Hey! Special shout out to @bun-bun I was so happy seeing you about fifty posts
Back! Come play with us here! James is blazing hot in here.

onewlover4ever

sarNie Hatchling
I love all these discussions and character analysis. This is a good thing bc this means that the lakorn has touched us in a very special way for us to want to further dive into the characters and their conflicts.

Nok and Nai are like the ying and yen. They both balance each other out. Nok needs someone like Nai who is the calm, logical, and rational one. It was touching to see in this episode of how Nok really cared for Nae Phai. This is truly a character development that we get to see from Nok and I'm loving it. Hopefully we'll get to see this side of her come out more.

Omg and that hug scene got me all warm and fuzzy! Nai is definitely the guy material that we all want in life. The amount of patience and caringness that he has for Nok is endless no matter how ruthless and cruel she is to him. I cant wait to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

quynhnguyen

sarNie Egg
I totally agree with you. But I just think, all of those scenes Nai taking care of Nok not only stems from his need to be wanted or to serve ( to not be useless ), but also his love for Nok.
As everyone else said, very well said! I felt my heartstrings getting pulled while reading your piece. Thank you very much.

It just occurred to me, for those who watched the SJ series, Nai falls under the Chai Ruj archetype. He's practically serving everybody as @PrincessKarina said, being the nice guy that he is, because he feels inferior inside. And then the n'ek, who is this unreachable princess who is beloved to everyone, would come and make him realize his worth and cherish him more than anyone or anything.

I hope that conclusion is made in this lakorn. That part when Nok will fight for Nai in the same way that she is fighting for her parents.

The three characters, Penny, Khae and Nok are all foils for each other. All of them with parental issues, all of them "fighting" so to speak. Right now, it seems Nok is the meanest of them all (being evil to everybody) but actually she's the most virtuous.

Khae is flaky, "wanting" Nai then breaking his heart, then now making a mess out of Nok's family then "wanting" Nai back when everything has crumbled apart. At least Nok was focused and only wanted to destroy Nai to keep her world intact. KHAE IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING dammnit. And you guys are right. One word from momma and she's all over the place again. Really, she does not know what she wants. And she will not fulfill that need of Nai to be wanted and loved to the point of not letting go, because one word from mom, she'll let go. So she doesn't really want Nai. She wants to protect her self and do what is convenient.

Then we have Penny who wants everything! Well actually, not everything, but everything that Nok has. She wants to get rich, she wants Wet, she wants to be all that not for herself, but to beat Nok. The idea being Nok got her mom's love so she'll get everything back. But she's selfish too and that means she doesn't really want anything at all. Although she was making the moves on Nai, it will never work because she doesn't "want" Nai. She just wants to get even with Nok. Her motivation for doing things is wickedness.

And then there is Nok who wants to have her family together and wants Nai out. Why she wants Nai out - it's actually unclear right now (since we don't know yet if something else destroyed her love for Nai), but ostensibly, it's so she can be the only beloved child again. Her motivation is clear. She wants to be loved and insecure in that sense because she eliminates everyone who "lessens" that love from her parents. She will fight and not listen to everyone to get what she thinks she deserves (+points vs Khae) and she will only get what is hers from the begining (+points vs Penny)

She doesn't outwardly love Nai (but surely she loves him. We all know that, right?) but once she does, imagine how secure Nai would be? He will have this girl fighting for him and never ever letting him go (unlike his mom, or Khae) and do everything so he will keep loving her. Nai wants to be needed. He serves everyone because once he is of no use, he will be discarded, since his mom said he's just an outsider, he's just a burden. He needs to be needed to belong. If he cannot be "reused" or "recycled", he will just be useless trash. And who better to serve and adore than helpless madcat Nok? She will never run out of things that would need rescuing. Heck, Nai even has to rescue her from herself. But when the time comes that Nok loves him, she will need him because she loves him and not the other way around. That's the end point I want to see for Nai, just like what @SPMxoxo97 said.

Lastly, Nok isn't a mother yet, but she will be. Once she is, i hope they kind of make her realize that love isn't divided but multiplied. Her parents can love Nai but not love her any less. That's the only way she can learn to love Nai boundlessly. I imagine her thinking how can i love one without loving another less (since she's an only child, her brain works on a one is to one ratio) in the same way that she thinks her dad will love her less with Khae and Nai in the picture. But when she becomes a mother, she will realize a person is capable of having immeasurable amounts of love it can spill over and be more than enough for more people.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart

I really hope all of what you say get executed well in the lakorns for viewers to understand all characters more. Script writers and lakorns often do not execute it well. This is why I don't often read Thai novels cus if it gets made into a Lakorn, they'll just piss me off especially if they change things that is important to the development of the characters and story

rae

sarNie Adult
Kae just keeps on clinging on to Nai it's freaking annoying. The hospital scene in ep 5 promo where she smirks is like ughh. She shows her true self. Yeah her mom manipulates her and stuff but she is not innocent either. There will be a lot drama after she marries Nok's dad and moves in with him. Imagine how crazy that would be for Nok and Khae to live together
Thank you! Seriously, her mom may have "pushed" her to accept Tawat, but she is not an angel in that relationship at all. She faked being sick to get Tawat to come see her back in ep 1 and that was all her idea.

quynhnguyen

sarNie Egg
I used to wonder why Nai loves Nok so much, after so many years, and she is even so selfish and mean towards him. I did not really like her when the first ep aired.
Then, I started to realize that Nok and Nai used to be friends. They drifted apart as they grew up. Nok has been spoiled rotten by her family, esp. grandma, and aunt Fai. Her grandma definitely had a great influence on her, because in the past, Nok's mom hung out with friends all the time, and her dad was probably busy with work. Grandma hates and badmouths Nai, so it is just a matter of time before Nok starts feeling the same towards Nai. However, I think Nai is also responsible for Nok's attitude. He has always felt inferior to her, so he gave in to Nok most of the time. Only in recent episodes did he stand up to Nok and actually speak his mind (yes Nai, you go boyyy :clap:)
Besides grandma's influence, I think there are also three more reasons why she hates Nai:
1/ She thinks he is trying to flatter Khae - her current no.1 enemy and sabotages her family.
2/ She is also secretly jealous of Nai, of who he has become. If you have always regarded someone as your inferior, seeing him become the VP of your father's company is not comfortable at all:pancarta:. Plus, grandma (here she goes again :facepalm:) keeps telling Nok that Nai wants to take the company away from her.
3/ She has every reason to despise him, but he keeps being nice to her, probably Nok thinks he's trying to flatter her, to consolidate his place in the house (We all know that its not true, Nai really loves you Nokk :crybaby2:)
I mean, after I think about all of this, I feel sorry for Nok.
And then when I continue to watch, I actually like Nok. She fights for what she wants. However, she is still kinda immature, so she won't accept that her parents fell out of love. But with that kind of personality, when Nok loves Nai, she won't let go (unlike Khae, who is so indecisive). She is definitely not like Penny, taking what is not hers (even lying for it). And she can be nice, the way she hugs and comforts aunt Fai :icon12: Nok is just lost, and I'm glad that Nai will help her to find the right direction.
Like you guys said, Nok just needs time to understand that she will always be her father's princess, and even when he has someone else, he will love her the same, not to say more.
I love this lakorn because the plot is not unreasonable. Nai doesn't love Nok for no reason. In some lakorns, I seriously dont understand why pra'ek and nang'ek fall in love :facepalm: This one, Nai understands Nok and he understands why Nok treats him that way. Thats why he continues to love Nok although Nok has been nothing but unkind to him. He knows that this is not who Nok is. She is a kind person, but she is just spoiled rotten.
Sorry guys, my reply is too long :pancarta:. I am just in love with Game Sanaeha so so much :love::icon12: