[Ch3] Ka Badin (Tv Scene)

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
Mahalo said:
Yeah. They say sleep paralysis occurs when you sleep on your back. That's why I'm going to sleep on my side now. In my culture, when you dream about losing teeth and bleeding badly, it's a bad omen. It foreshadows you losing someone close to you or death. So my mom would tell me to go tell the toilet and flush it away. Lol. Weird. 

My culture is the same too.. Wait are we the same ethnicity?? LOL my grandma tells me to do the same thing w/ the flushing.

x0unerthanlater said:
@Mahalo, I've heard of the toilet method. There's a chant you say with it but I don't know it specifically.

My dreams are so lucid. I can change them myself now.

I've dreamed of every single family members death. But I heard for my culture that if you dream of someone dying, that person will live a little longer. Not sure how true this is though.

There's an explanation for jolting in your sleep. It's a muscle reflex. Which sucks because it usually happens when you dream of "falling" or "slipping". Scares the crap out of me sometimes, Lol

Same here about my culture.. death = live longer

urghhh.. 300 yet?? HEHHE

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
aymieluvsyu637 said:

My culture is the same too.. Wait are we the same ethnicity?? LOL my grandma tells me to do the same thing w/ the flushing.

Same here about my culture.. death = live longer

urghhh.. 300 yet?? HEHHE
Maybe. Lol. What is your ethnic background?

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
aymieluvsyu637 said:

Lao & Thai mom is Lao Dad is Thai :)
I'm Cambodian and part Teochew. We are all neighboring countries so I guess our culture and beliefs are pretty similar. I was able to learn Thai because most of the vocabulary and sentence structures are exactly the same as Khmer believe it or not.  

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
Mahalo said:
I'm Cambodian and part Teochew. We are all neighboring countries so I guess our culture and beliefs are pretty similar. I was able to learn Thai because most of the vocabulary and sentence structures are exactly the same believe it or not.  

ahhh.. I see. My first time reaching too many likes for the day. Geesh I've been on AF all day today. I've never heard of Teochew. I'm going to educate myself about it when I have time :)

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I just looked up Teochew. Totally learned something new. Awesome!

The Chaozhou people (commonly known as Teochew) are Chinese people, native to the Chaoshan region of eastern Guangdong province who speak the Teochew dialect. Today, most Teochew people live outside China in Southeast Asia, especially in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Indonesia. - wikipedia

:thumbsup:

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
I always sleep on my back. I'm afraid I won't have that much energy to fight back if I sleep on my side. Oh and I never cross my arms. They say you're at a disadvantage for not being able to strive forth. We're all similar and different. Hello the Asian population. Who here isn't Asian but loves the Asian population? Do I see a hand?

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yeah. Teochew is a Chinese dialect that isn't very popular. Most people from Southeast Asia are part Teochew because they migrated there. The Chinese that you hear in Thai lakorns is actually Teochew. Ah Kong (grandpa), Hea (brother), etc is not Cantonese or Mandarin. I don't speak Teochew but my grandpa was full Teochew. He never had the opportunity to teach my mom because he was busy working. I never knew what kind of Chinese I was until I met a fellow Teochew classmate. Lol.   

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Mahalo said:
Yeah. They say sleep paralysis occurs when you sleep on your back. That's why I'm going to sleep on my side now. In my culture, when you dream about losing teeth and bleeding badly, it's a bad omen. It foreshadows you losing someone close to you or death. So my mom would tell me to go tell the toilet and flush it away. Lol. Weird. 
I was told by an elder to do that too.

Scary thing is before any death in my family, I get really sick. I'm talking about 2 weeks of bed ridden sick. My grandmother once took me to see a monk and he said it is because our ancestors comes through me to get them and the only way is to not be around family who are ill. The solution was sending me off. I still get sick by not weeks, just a couple of days.

chief_lim

sarNie Egg
hihi reading all ur comments....

i am chinese teochew.....but i dun really know how to speak teochew

most chinese thai speak teochew...

khmaichick559

sarNie Hatchling
Mahalo said:
Thats actually the same for my culture...i experience some of these events myself but I have yan tattoo on my back and most of those events doesn't happen as often but I think mostly of what everyone believes or think....

khmaichick559

sarNie Hatchling
chief_lim said:
hihi reading all ur comments....

i am chinese teochew.....but i dun really know how to speak teochew

Same for me khmer and Chinese but to me I think it won't be hard to speak teochew.
most chinese thai speak teochew...

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
Less than 6hrs to go. Ladies who will be watching and spazzing live, closing the gap from now to pg 300 lies in your hands. SU SU NA.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I am Cambodian too and one thing I do believe because it happened to me. I at first didn't because I was like that can't be real. But they say when you are pregnant do not go to a funeral and view the body.

When I was pregnant with my first son, I went to a funeral of this man that my parents knew. When it was time to view the body my sister told me to not go up there because I'm exposing the baby to body and evil spirit will want to harm the unborn child. I look at her like she was crazy. The thing was, there is another pregnant girl there and she believes it so she stayed put.

OMG!!! I would never make the same mistake again. When I go to sleep I literally saw the scariest, most ugly looking spirit/person (whatever one wants to call it) like right in my face. The guy's hair was long his face was bloody with skin peeling off his face all down to his neck. It was a freaky sight. I wanted to scream but could not because I don't want him to get the best of me. He came to me 3 nights. ..but the second and third night I was prepared so I prayed before I go to sleep. When I saw him those othere nights I said...and I remembered it just like yesterday (I am not afraid of you). After those 3 nights he never came back again. But the first night was by far the scariest for me ever in a dream to see an image like that.

tgamber

sarNie Adult
I grew up with grandparents. That means they're superstitious. Still, I became Science believer somehow. In my culture, you can sleep both face up and side but not face down on stomach. They believe it's like facing the hell. But in my opinion, it's more like you don't have enough o2 so you get more bad dreams. I don't really believe in those things but still I followed them. It's more like a respect I've than belief. But I myself have a little prophecy ability. When I was young, my parents trained me meditation. I can sense someone's death in family or if something bad is happening. When my granddad died, I knew he'd and sleep by his bed side for 3 days straight. And I used to have a friend who believes in out of body experience. She and I used to practice to push mind out of body and travel. It only worked for a few secs. How nostalgic.