[Ch3] Neung Nai Suang (No Problem)

sarNie Adult
ImmaSingaholic said:
James' version of Neung is more jackass than Ken's version LOL. He's cute but damn all those horrible things he said to Poom.  :annoyed: Its really mean to insult someone just because they have no parents or doesn't come from a rich high-so family  :thumbdown:
I really think James and Yaya have chemistry together. I squealed everytime they meet. I also love Nam in this lol. Reminds me of my DJA days when I see Nam and Yaya again lol. Noey is very pretty but evil as always, i got bored seeing her as Nang rai again, and she looks exactly the same as she was in KCP, for me Marathee is more annoying. Lol I gotta agree James and Noey looked like they just came from KCP and jumped into this lakorn. Compared to the old version, I think Noey's version was less annoying, just being typical delusional n'rai. I also love the other actors, some newbies I've never seen.
I hope someone sub this lakorn, I don't understand thai fully.  :cry1:

I hope someone subs it too! I'm only guessing what is happening based on what I've seen from Ken and Janie's version. James Ji's version is so much of a jerk, I don't even know how the hell Poom would fall in love with him. 

siraphun said:
i really liked ken and Janie's version.  i like Janie's poom more than yaya because Janie had a babyface.  but anyway, are yaya and james the same age?  james has always been in a period drama would like to see him in modern for once.  i think he could pass as a Korean actor.

I think they were both born in 1993 though Yaya is older by a few months. He was in a "modern" Lakorn though from what I've read in forums, it seems that it wasn't received well. I've yet to watch it though. I think they are putting him in period dramas because he looks too baby faced and putting him in power suits (and power pomade!) makes him look more mature. 

bubbles8 said:
For someone who is scarred of period lakorns and falls asleep watching things without an understanding, im liking it so far while watching bits and pieces. Very few times i watch a drama and just staring at the female instead of the male lead, ya is beatiful in here, from hair to make up to costumes. Intrigue for Poom to put Neung into his place. Noey is very skinny compared to the last time i saw her, it makes her less attractive and slightly older. Loving the relationship between Poom and her cousins, super adore a loving family. First time watching James so taking a lil to adjust and get used to, though i do prefer him in a modern drama, he looks better in the lakorn with Punch

Just a few questions hehe. Khun ying asked Poom 3 questions before accepting her as a teacher, what was her first question? And what did Neung say to Poom when he argued with her in the house?

The many beautiful faces of Poom

if it's the same as the old version, I think it was will she beat her if she makes a mistake, and Poom says something like, not the first time because she wouldn't know it was a mistake, but if she does it again then she would have to be punished so she wouldn't do it again. Either that or something about not having a mother. (I can't remember the order of the questions. sorry!) 

Then in their argument, it was something about Poom not having any manners since she was there but still she asked the help to get the message, instead of Poom facing Neung personally, and then also something to do with Neung saying that he knows her "tricks" (since the women were all badmouthing Poom right, and "warning" Neung not to fall for her charms, etc.) and he ends with the line that she wouldn't have a chance to turn her back on him ever again. Sorry, that's all I remember from the old version. I don't know if the script changed much. 

bubbles8 said:
And anyone like me eyeing on P'Fair? First time watching him too, he looks good, nice smile, with dimples to enhance it too! Cant wait for him to meet his love interest <3

His name is Fair? Oh my he's so FIIIIIIIIINE! I love him! He's so handsome. He has kind eyes, and I love his wavy hair - makes me want to.... okay let's stop there.  :crush: As I said, all the boys are cute in this Lakorn. 

cecilia

Staff member
^Ken's way better as Neung than James J .. I'm not feeling his character yet but I adore Yaya (not because I'm bias) but because she's really cute as Pum (love Janie too).

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
cecilia said:
^Ken's way better as Neung than James J .. I'm not feeling his character yet but I adore Yaya (not because I'm bias) but because she's really cute as Pum (love Janie too).
Hehe. He does doesn't he.

bubba

Keep On Smiling
@bubbles, your Mr. Fair is very handsome indeed.  I like his smile and kind eyes just like 040156 said.

So far so good.  This lakorn sure captures my interest.  At first, I was going to watch because of Yaya, and I ended up loving it.   Yaya is so beautiful in here and I adored that chubby little Poom who was teased and bullied by Neung.  I like the scene where she bit Neung's finger for insulting her  haha.  He was such a meanie.  Their bickering at the end of the epi was great.  I think they have a good chemistry.  Looking forward to Wednesday & Thursday....

Can't wait to see these scenes......

cr:as tagged & loveya

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
cecilia said:
Ken is just better at everything *sigh with a eye fluttering* lol

elleceesf_16812

sarNie Egg
I agree with everyone's verdict that Yaya looks amazing in this lakorn.
She does! And honestly, I think she outshines almost everyone in almost all her scenes.
James acting in his last lakorn was pretty bad, I couldn't finish it.
And in here, I feel like he's overacting when he's mad?
Like he's too mad? Lol idk.
But I can't wait for more! Lives the first version with Ken and Janie.

siraphun

sarNie Hatchling
totally agree meowmeow.  I still remember the first time he saw her at the party, when they opened the curtain, he was just mesmerized by Janie.  it was love at first sight.  for some reason actors these days cannot live up to the veterans.  they may have the looks but performance is not up to par, unfortunately.

actually, ken and Janie wasn't the first version.  I believe they remade this a couple times already.

this is a lighthearted, romantic, typical thai lakorn.  nothing too dramatic for those who have never seen this before.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
bubbles8 said:
And anyone like me eyeing on P'Fair? First time watching him too, he looks good, nice smile, with dimples to enhance it too! Cant wait for him to meet his love interest <3
This is your first time watching Fair?!!! I've been in love with him since two years ago. I loved him in Mr. Bahnna and in Woon Nuk Ruk Reu Lauk. He is just so cute!!!

elleceeee_ said:
I agree with everyone's verdict that Yaya looks amazing in this lakorn.
She does! And honestly, I think she outshines almost everyone in almost all her scenes.
James acting in his last lakorn was pretty bad, I couldn't finish it.
And in here, I feel like he's overacting when he's mad?
Like he's too mad? Lol idk.
But I can't wait for more! Lives the first version with Ken and Janie.
I think James acting is actually good in Ruk Sudrit. He's also very adorable in there. He's so adorable in here too. and I think his acting is good so far.

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
Heh it's kinda redundant to compare an actor from this generation to Ken, because 99.9% chance KenT will win, i miss my Ken. Though it pains me looking his latest pics and lakorn teasers, his skinniness makes him look so worn out and tired, i really need his full cheeks back and gain some healthy weight *sniff sniff*

I feel so guilty that im focussing on Mr Fair than James hehe they really need to get rid of the bow ties on James, it makes him look stubby, the scenes i find james looking nice in are the ones without it

Love these pics esp the first one, so gorgeous!!

lovestar

sarNie Adult
Despite the fact that I wasn't considering even watching this because of all the "koo jin" business, what appealed me was the style of the movie. Yes, its like every other olden era lakorn but the clothes and the setting and even the supporting actors are all on point. Not only that, but you seriously can't deny the beauty of the pra'nang. Yaya seriously shines with her innocence. Even though I can kinda guess where the storyline is going, I'll keep on track with the lakorn as much as I can

sarNie Adult
I have a theory, which some of you may think is too far fetched, but I hope some of you would find some sense in it, or correct me if I'm wrong (especially considering I haven't watched the new version with subs). 

With regard to the James Ji vs Ken's debate of who played it better, I think the main conflict here is that Ken's Neung and James's Neung are slightly different. Ken's Neung is the more handsome Neung. Ken's version is more carefree and less uptight. More flirty and It's like he just carries on as usual. His main beef with Poom before he knew it was her is that he didn't do anything to her so why should she act so immature. (it's more of "Why is she like that to me when everybody else likes me? Nothing's wrong with me. I'll make her sorry she did that to me!")

James's Neung on the other hand is more disdainful. Not only does he have bias against people who are in "low standing", but he's openly sexist too. It shows from the way Pa'Jaew opted to put the child flashbacks in the beginning of the first episode with Neung being a complete jerk. His beef with Poom is that she's not acting the way he thinks she is supposed to act (since he's a know it all). I think that's the reason why James's Neung is "angrier". (it's more of "Why is she like that? What is wrong with her? I have to put her in her place, which is beneath me/my power")

The reason they have to do that is, well, I think for the simple reason that Ken is evidently HANDSOME. Like when you see him in that role, you'll not question why he's Neung and he's number 1/ the only one. He has that badass bearing that he doesn't have to do much and that's it. boom. He's Neung. All he has to do is smile and all the ladies in Thailand want to marry him. When he says he's right, he's right.

James Ji on the other hand is more cute/adorable than handsome. Off screen, he's a little kid that plays around and you really can't take seriously. So in the drama, he has to come off as almost haughty or unapproachable to create that aura of awesomeness. Hence he has to be angrier or more snooty. (Put simply, he has to ACT to be badass, when Ken just does that naturally.) To make matters worse, he came from a similar role, which Pa'Jaew consciously had to disassociate him from (perfect example is how different Puttipat and Neung's "stunned" looks are.) So he had to be angrier, haughtier, and more confident, versus Puttipat's righteous but vulnerable act. 

I honestly have no idea how James Ji's Neung would possibly win Poom's heart (or at least look like he deserves her heart), since he's a frickin asshole, pardon the language, or how Pa'jaew would be able, if he was able, to make James Ji's Neung more sweet/charming in the later episodes. I'm just hoping for the best. But so far, I like his intensity. I've watched James Ji's other period lakorn more than 10 times (forgive me, I have a very lonely life  :party: ) and there really is such a big difference in his acting there and his acting here. He still needs a lot of improvement, but I did see some improvement, and given the circumstances, I think he did pretty well. I just really hope and pray he can do the sweet contemplative scenes. That's something he really needed improvement on in Puttipat. 

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
@040156,

I like your thought and analysis on Ken's and James' characters as Neung.   I also wanted to add that Ken played Neung when he was 27 - 28 years old, the prime time for men when they start to look good, and NNS was his 11th lakorns.   On the other hand, James was only 20 - 21 years old when he played NNS and it was his 3rd lakorns.   James was just a teenager a few years ago before he played NNS, so look wise and acting wise we couldn't compare the two since they were at different stages of their careers.

Can't wait for episode 2!

credit Urassyaclub FB

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Yaya is pretty in here and I'm liking her Poom. I was doubtful at first because I thought this would be another "cutesy" role for her but she's dialed back that fake trying too hard to be cute stuff a lot. And when she's not being fake about it, she's actually cute. So much better.

I'm not seeing the chemistry with James and Yaya though. As for James as Nueng, his baby face just works against him. The dynamic they're going for between Nueng and Poom would work better if Nueng was actually an old stick in the mud picking on a vibrant young lady. But Yaya looks older than him and the whole thing is weird and off. I want to laugh when he throws out those "just a kid" lines with his baby face.