[Ch3] Padiwarada (Good Feeling)

sarNie Adult
So saaaad, we're in the "Old Lakorns" category already, but I hope you guys will stick around. 

I've only watched the whole of Episode 12 now and I feel It's a perfect build up for Ep 13. Saran is really an asshole, being like that to his best friend who means well, but somehow I cannot hate him completely because I understand his feelings. If I were in his shoes, I think I'll think that way too. Growing up and losing everything when you had everything is the most painful feeling, unlike when you grow up not knowing what you're missing, just like Rin. Rin can easily give up her new life because she lived her youth without it. But Saran had what Rin has now and it's much more precious to him - all the more he thinks that he cannot make Rin leave it all behind since he knows how much it hurts to not have the riches that she has now. What hurts him even more is that he knows he can never give her that life as he was nothing but a poor Sheriff. 

It's funny how much Saran changed from Episode 1 to Episode 12. He was so selfish in the first episode, wanting fame, money, and honor - being so cocky and thinking he could get the most beautiful girl in Bangkok, Duang - only to come to the conclusion that he can't. He can fight for all his life but he still would lose the fight. 

But in Episode 12, he has fully accepted his status as a poor civil servant and knows now that his purpose is to do good deeds and do his duty as a police officer well - All this he can accomplish with his loyal wife by his side. And he can be satisfied with just their small home. And yet suddenly Rin has an opportunity to have all the things he had longed for (but already forgotten) - fame, money and honor = so now, while he's thinking he's not good enough, he also knows he cannot drag her down with him. It was something he could not do with Duang. Despite his poverty he didn't let go of Duang but with Rin he did. It's because indeed, he wanted what was best (or at least what he thought was best) for Rin. 

Then the big contrast between Khun Chai and Saran was also shown. Saran was a fighter who actively sought to gain Duang's approval. Khun Chai was a weak man who didn't do anything. it's funny how Saran wanted to kill himself in episode 1 because Khun Chai apparently effortlessly won the fight to win Duang's heart - he didn't have to do anything, he didn't say anything, but Duang and her parents' selfishness made them choose him over Saran. Yet now that Duang and her family realized how pathetic Khun Chai was, they realized Saran would have been a better bargain - a man who had nothing but did everything. Ultimately it culminates to that scene where Khun Chai sees Saran and Saran is shocked to see the guy. Khun Chai takes one look at Saran and he's like ...... crap. I'm no match for this guy. Probably Saran was also shocked to have lost against a pathetic guy as Khun Chai, but then I think he was more shocked to discover he was like that too when Duang left him. 

sarNie Adult
I ended up watching episode 11 again since i woke up earlier than usual, on a weekend. hehe. I figured I'll just back watch since I'm still waiting for complete subs for episode 13. I don't know, I may be thinking too much into the story, or I'm still looking for ways to justify Saran's actions in episode 11, but I realized something. Had the background in episode 12-1 been revealed earlier, then Saran would have been more forgivable. I think Saran gained most hates in episode 11 and 12 because of what he did to Rin. 

For me, more than not standing up against Duang, I think what was more unforgivable was when Saran didn't hug Rin back when she hugged him in 11-7, after she said "we fell in love because of us, not because of who we are." I mean, I understand that plot-wise, had Saran stood up against Duang during the "big reveal" then the family or even Chalat won't have the chance to star in the scene and have their dramatic speeches. That was Chalat's crowning moment of awesome as all this time he's been shown as a sidekick to Saran at best, and he was a bit of a rich airhead who had a good heart. When he finally stood up for Rin and went all Papa bear on everyone, he suddenly looked like a man in charge - he's not spineless after all. the impact wouldn't have been as great if Saran stood up for Rin too - i think the context was, no matter what, Chalat would be on Rin's side as her big brother from now on. It also lays the basis for the concept "blood is thicker than water" - which would play an important part in the next episodes. 

Anyway, back to Saran. Presumably, after episode 12-1, we'll know that apparently, it's not just Rin being rich that is bothering Saran. He's also bothered by the fact that she's a Rapeepun, the family that destroyed his family - and as Duang would later say in episode 12, Saran could bear being best friends with Chalat because they don't have to live with each other forever, but with Rin, they'll be one family. But of course by episode 11, we don't know that yet, so it's as if Saran is just being overly dramatic about it. But anyway, I realized when watching episode 11 after knowing the events of episode 12, Saran might have been thinking of his family too - all this time it was Rin who was putting her family first before anything else, and Saran was saying, no, I have to be your sun, you have to love me before anyone else, etc. But ultimately, family is family. blood is thicker than water. Saran is suddenly faced with a situation where he has to choose between the love of his life and his loyalty to his father - who supposedly died because of Rapeepun's actions. Rin cries "we fell in love because of us and not who we are" - but that's it, that's Saran's conflict. In his mind, because he is a Siwavhet, because he is his father's son, he cannot forget his father's death (and its relation to Rapeepun family). In the same manner, Rin is now a Rapeepun, she has a family with real blood ties - and again - blood is thicker than water. There is a dichotomy when Rin said "I choose you over Baranee because you're my family" - but that's it, Baranee, or Bumrung prachakit is not "What rin is" anymore - she's a "Rapeepun" and since Saran is faced with the same issue with his being a Siwavhet then he realized that who Rin is, or Rin's true family for that matter, is important. I think this whole family issue culminates with first, Saran's mother saying that when you marry someone, you also marry their family, which is true for Asian families. Marriage unites families. That's why I found Saran so immature when he was making Rin choose in episode 7 between her family and him - i mean, if Saran had to choose between his mother and Rin, wouldn't he be unable to decide out right (and perhaps he'll choose his mother too!) In the same way that when Saran learns that the woman he loves most is a daughter of the family who "killed" his dad, he couldn't let go of the issue just as easily. When Saran and Rin got married, they became one heart - and ultimately, they also became one family.

In episode 13, Saran was telling Rin to stay with her family, and do her duty. I think at this point Saran realized how stupid he was all along about the whole making-Rin-choose-between-him-and-her-family. That's what made him love Rin in the first place - her dedication to duty, her love for her family. In the same manner, he found himself being loyal to his duty too - that he would have to stop White Tiger for the good of the people, no matter what. But anyway, Saran was finally telling Rin to go! Be with your family! Do something that you like for once! Choose yourself! I don't have to be your sun, I don't deserve you, but know that YOU ARE MY SUN. So even when Rin was telling him that she was still the same old Rin, the Rin he fell in love with, he was insisting that no, you are Rin Rapeepun - that is who you are. You have a father, go be with your father. I can't steal you away from him (and in the same way, he knows she's torn to make a choice in the first place). Go be a princess. Be the best person you can be. Be a Rapeepun. 

Hence the second culmination is in the ending when Saran finally decides that he doesn't give a damn, he'll be where Rin is, he'll love who Rin loves - he has forgiven/forgotten what the Rapeepun did to his father because the woman he loves is a Rapeepun. He'll love Rapeepun because Rin is a Rapeepun. Rin was like, no! I'll stay here with my dad! I'm done with your drama (about me choosing you over my family) - but then Saran is all like, yeah, I'm okay with that, I'll be where you are. I'll love who you love (Actually I haven't seen episode 14 with subs, but I'm assuming that's what they talked about in the ending) So with that I think it ends with Saran and Rin loving each other completely, falling in love with each other because of themselves, and also loving what they each are. 

sarN

sarNie Granny
The only thing that left me unsatisfied, is that Saran never stood up for Rin against Daung lolllll , I want Rin to take pride knowing her husband choose her & nothing Daung can do that will break them or something close to snapping at Daung in front of Rin ! Damn, it could had been a perfect lakorn. I still love the seductress scene HAHAHA , she so confident Saran will be seduce , b/c like she said , it only took a couple months to win his love , he won't stand a change now ^^^

sarN said:
The only thing that left me unsatisfied, is that Saran never stood up for Rin against Daung lolllll , I want Rin to take pride knowing her husband choose her & nothing Daung can do that will break them or something close to snapping at Daung in front of Rin ! Damn, it could had been a perfect lakorn. I still love the seductress scene HAHAHA , she so confident Saran will be seduce , b/c like she said , it only took a couple months to win his love , he won't stand a change now ^^^

Didn't he kind of done that at the hospital when she question whether the reason he cannot come back to her is because of Duang. The fact that he told her that she has been "his sun" for a long time now clearly told Rin that this whole time (I dare to say as far back as when they first when to the forest together, back in episode 5 I think), she has replaced Duang in his heart. 

sarNie Adult
riverflowintoyou said:

Didn't he kind of done that at the hospital when she question whether the reason he cannot come back to her is because of Duang. The fact that he told her that she has been "his sun" for a long time now clearly told Rin that this whole time (I dare to say as far back as when they first when to the forest together, back in episode 5 I think), she has replaced Duang in his heart. 

Actually, I think Saran was in love with Rin as far back as episode 2. Right after he harassed her by the truck by the sunflowers and she cried. (When he asked her "Are you sure you really didn't do those things for me?" - that's what got it started.) When Rin asked him in episode 11 why did he marry her despite knowing that she was a servant all along (Rin realized that Saran was mad at her in episode 1-2 not because of Duang but because she and her family were lying to him and she was a servant) - Saran pathetically answered "I don't know" - but the real answer is HE WAS ALREADY IN LOVE WITH HER that's why he agreed to marry her. And in Episode 4 when he moved away from Duang and stepped into Rin's bed, it clearly shows he already made a choice. All his scenes after with Duang were full of restraint. The only times he showed affection to her was when he instinctively feared for her safety (e.g. when the construction went awry at her house) but after that he was always moving away and moving away. The only pathetic part is that he didn't tell her "NO! GET OUT OF MY LIFE" out right. So I agree with SarN, that one was missing in the plot, though I think the justification the writers gave us was that Duang was his best friend all along since he wasn't completely open with his friendship with Chalat (as he was a Rapeepun). 

boraam_y

sarNie Egg
Is there another project coming up for James and Bella? They make such a good pairing! 

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
miss padiwarada so much...i recorded myself singing pleng ruk jaak chun (well, part of the song cuz it's 3 am) as a tribute to bella and james ji...lol!!  im such a loser.  wish i had the instrumental version though.  i had to sing with beau sunita which is like singing with a vocal goddess.  u just can't compete...hahaha...

anyways, have a listen...

https://soundcloud.com/thookatha/padiwarada-tribute

hehehe

sarN

sarNie Granny
Oh' Buddha , i thought we suppose to have naughy mind & guilty pleasure only but now you gone off and sing w/o me ? Good , lord, your voice are more smoothing than mine while I sound like a man , HAHAH ^^^^ It's cool .

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
sarN said:
Oh' Buddha , i thought we suppose to have naughy mind & guilty pleasure only but now you gone off and sing w/o me ? Good , lord, your voice are more smoothing than mine while I sound like a man , HAHAH ^^^^ It's cool .
my dear sarn, i have evolved!  naughty mind and guilty pleasures will always be the main motive for my lakorn pickings, but padiwarada makes me want to be somewhat of a lady...kind of like a secret slut...lol...

and i've heard u talk...u don't sound like a man...u just sound gangsta...lol!