dvd-r

darvil

sarNie Adult
sisii said:
talking about dvd-r has anyone ever tried burning lakorn from the computer on a dvd-r so you can played it in a home standard dvd player?
[post="16957"][/post]​
if you just dled mpg files that were ripped off vcds then its easy to put it back in.. but other then that.. you will have to put some extra effort if you really want to make it work.

sisii

Darvil said:
if you just dled mpg files that were ripped off vcds then its easy to put it back in.. but other then that.. you will have to put some extra effort if you really want to make it work.
[post="16961"][/post]​
My cousin's friend burn Smallville series once on a dvd-r under AVI format and my cousin can played the dvd in his dvd player since it can open AVI files and stuff. What if I burn it on a vcd? Will it work?

darvil

sarNie Adult
sisii said:
My cousin's friend burn Smallville series once on a dvd-r under AVI format and my cousin can played the dvd in his dvd player since it can open AVI files and stuff. What if I burn it on a vcd? Will it work?
[post="16966"][/post]​
thats because the dvd player has native support for avi files which is basically codec compressed files..

Now if you are planning to play on the same dvd player then sure just burn the avis on the CD-R and play it.

But if you plan to play it on a regular dvd/vcd player then you will have to convert it to VCD format.. and thats a pain in da ass.

sisii

Darvil said:
thats because the dvd player has native support for avi files which is basically codec compressed files..

Now if you are planning to play on the same dvd player then sure just burn the avis on the CD-R and play it.

But if you plan to play it on a regular dvd/vcd player then you will have to convert it to VCD format.. and thats a pain in da ass.
[post="17492"][/post]​
wow I didn't know that it was soo much work! :( errrr Most of my vdo are in WMV format like my karaoke. Do I have to convert it from WMV to AVI then AVI to VCD??

darvil

sarNie Adult
sisii said:
wow I didn't know that it was soo much work! :( errrr Most of my vdo are in WMV format like my karaoke. Do I have to convert it from WMV to AVI then AVI to VCD??
[post="18571"][/post]​
umm why not WMV to VCD?

Phew

sarNie Fansubber
Darvil said:
are you talking about extracting videos from the dvds? I mean pull it out of the DVD into files that you can upload and share. Is that what you're asking for?
[post="16737"][/post]​
I would like to know how to do that with DVD, how can we extract files from DVD so we can upload and share?

sisii

Darvil said:
umm why not WMV to VCD?
[post="18644"][/post]​
We do that? Have you ever tried? haha I really suck with computers and stuff soo don't really know stuff. But is there any programs that I can use, well that you recommand?

darvil

sarNie Adult
Phew said:
I would like to know how to do that with DVD, how can we extract files from DVD so we can upload and share?
[post="18811"][/post]​

sisii said:
We do that? Have you ever tried? haha I really suck with computers and stuff soo don't really know stuff. But is there any programs that I can use, well that you recommand?
[post="19638"][/post]​

I'll be doing some tutorials this weekend.. and one on how to rip from DVDs.. so wait up a few days. :p