HELP: vhs tapes into dvds

kitkat

sarNie Elites
ummm... this weekend i might get a new computer with everything that is needed since it's pc-tv computer... obviously, it has a firewire (IEEE) 1394 port for those old vhs tapes into dvds...

do i need to buy a usb for it? or is it already included? because i'm not sure if vcr has that wire connector to the computer... (i'm not good with those things for PC since i know how to use it in iMac...)

also i just wanted to transfer from vcr to computer... since i don't have a dvd recorder... so please help! with full tutorial, too. :(

i hope i make sense... :huh:

Muddie Murda

smile...
=D

Well, if it's a new new pc/tv computer like you said, then the computer SHOULD have those red/white/yellow plugs.

After you've plugged in all your needed supplies, you'll need a program called Intervideo DVD Creator

Using this, you can then record from your VCR to your computer, then convert the video from MPG/AVI to uhh..........whatever =D

Confusing?

e_e

kitkat

sarNie Elites
wow it seems easy, though. :huh: yeah it'll be new computer... to be specific, it's sony vaio. :D

about plugs, is it can be used from vcr plugs or it has to be from computer plugs?

is this program 'intervideo dvd creator' free? i mean download it from download.com.... or it might automatically in the computer all ready (i will ask the employee on that.)?

also is any VCRs reliable to any computers? because i have it old... like 1998... is it fine?

thanks muddie murda for your time! :p

Muddie Murda

smile...
just those regular VCR red/yellow/white plugs will do fine.

Any VCR is fine as long as it plays =D

And about the program. In my manual, they talked as if it was already on the computer but I had to DL it and it's a trial.

Ask the employee! ^_^

noungning

Heartless
hello there... i have 2 sony laptops and both have that intervideo thingys.. i've never actually used that ieee port because one of them had video output and besides that i've never tried to connect the vcr so i can record the tapes onto the computer... but as i remember mine didn't come with that video and audio cable... what model is urs muddie? umm but i think it came with that iee cord i think wait let me check... um nope actually it didn't come with it... only the computer...battery and power cord was with it :mellow: goshe the newer sony's sucks they don't even give a freakin manual u have to print them and then the recovery discs too u have to make em urself... umm u pay so much too geeh... well my old one has everything i love it but too bad i damaged it wayyy too much.

Muddie Murda

smile...
kakaka, makes me wanna take pics...

=D

How bout that?

I take pics of how my comp and vcr is set up?

I'll do it when I get home. =D

kitkat

sarNie Elites
Muddie MuRda said:
kakaka, makes me wanna take pics...

=D

How bout that?

I take pics of how my comp and vcr is set up?

I'll do it when I get home. =D
[post="45464"][/post]​
yes, PLEASE! it will be help a lot! :wub: thanks muddie! :D

onestupidguy

もちつけバカピンク..
i use a sony vaio too. U know.. u need to buy a sony vdo in/out cable? Which i had a hard time finding but eventually did... And Noungning.. u should buy Sony Vaio Asian edition, not the North America version.. Cuz mine is Asian version.. its much more elite..

kitkat

sarNie Elites
onestupidguy said:
i use a sony vaio too. U know.. u need to buy a sony vdo in/out cable? Which i had a hard time finding but eventually did... And Noungning.. u should buy Sony Vaio Asian edition, not the North America version.. Cuz mine is Asian version.. its much more elite..
[post="45550"][/post]​
really? how much is it cost me for those sony vdo in/out cable? also what's the difference between asian and american version? :huh:

noungning

Heartless
onestupidguy said:
[post="45550"][/post]​
gosh i don't have access to the asian ones... i bought this one i'm using now because my friend's friend said he'd hook me up but it didn't happen so i was kinda pissed lol... well back to the story... why is the asian one better? and which one do u have... i have a pcg-fx250 which is now used to record movies from the internet onto vcr lol...and this one is the vgn-fs550 and it didn't come with anything so i don't really like it. oh yeah and it doesn't have a video out on this one!!!! thats why i really don't like it too...but the other one did come with the video out cord but not the audio out so i had to get the from ebay. well i needed that cord because i record internet to vcr... but other than that u can use a headphone or just listen from the computer

kitkat u can always do ebay. i get most of my cords from there its like dirt cheap compared to like best buy and circuit city.

onestupidguy

もちつけバカピンク..
I use VGN-A59GP the 15'4 version. The reason the asian ones are better because it comes with more software.. and u pretty much get the new vaio before the North America does. In terms of specs and etc.. its not much of a difference...

Honestly.. Sony Vaio is a WASTED of money. Especially if you don't play 3D graphic games or sth on it. The only good reason to buy a Vaio is if you play to play 3D games on laptop, either than that.. u shouldn't get a vaio.. cuz a cheaper laptop can pretty much do whatever u want to do. Only the Vaio comes with elite graphic card, enough for a laptop to handle games...

But i guess for u girls.. its the looks rite?

kitkat

sarNie Elites
oh i didn't go for the looks, though. also i'm not a gamer myself... ;) i just wanted to do those photography, movie-editing, and all that kind of entertainment programs for me to play with.

i go by hard drives and speed... yeah i'm all about big size of memory... i planned to buy an iMac but there aren't much programs in it so i chose a vaio. oh before vaio, i was planning to get an alienware but it's just too much. anyways, back to the story- i had seen my uncle using a vaio and i already tried it, i like it very much. :) so i still stick to vaio. :D

noungning, i will look at ebay but i have to sign up since i never use any shopping online such as amazon or ebay before. ;) is it trusted? :huh:

noungning

Heartless
lol ok i'll admit my first ever computer was a sony and its a desktop... i bought it because i love sony products most of the gadgets are sony. goodness my cell phone is even sony. but i bought the first laptop because it had many good things at the time i bought it. it has serial ports for my printer and monitor stuff, it also has like ethernet, 2 usb and 2 pc card slots, 2 drives, a dvd-rom, cd burner, and it had a floppy drive... so i thought hey not bad at all because its exactly like a desktop. besides that it had many softwares with it. like i said...i love it...the only bad thing was that i took it to school with me during my freshmen year and i kept on lifting it back and forth...i think i chipped the motherboard so i needed to keep it settled somewhere or it'll halt. so i decided to buy this one which doesn't have much as the first one. i actually bought this one because it has lots of memory. i do lots of graphics stuff on my free time and i play games too lol. its a centrino with 15.5" so i figured i'll just get it...but the reason is not looks... i've used sony alot thats why i got it. my friends have toshiba and stuff but i don't like it... that thing won't even open up all the way. if i was going for the looks i think i'd go for the mac powerbook because that thing is hott...

kitkat...with ebay. u should use feedbacks as a resource in knowing who to buy from. like if they have alot of good feedbacks and stuff. if they're new and not registered don't buy it. well at least thats what i do.

kitkat

sarNie Elites
omg, noungning! what a coincidence! because i love sony, too! :D yup, most of my things are sony products as well. :p

yeah that's right, if i go for looks, i would choose iMac or Mac Powerbook. since those have a clean and simple looks. :rolleyes: also it have a lot of memory, too. :w000t:

okay, i will try to use ebay since it's cheap like hell. :lol:

kitkat

sarNie Elites
i just got a new vaio... it has those analog (yellow/white/red) plugs but it doesn't have those program 'intervideo dvd creator'... it only have 'intervideo windvd for vaio' and 'click to dvd'... these aren't support vcr... only digital videocamera...

so if i go ahead buying 'intervideo dvd creator' then is it gurantee to be work? :huh:

kitkat

sarNie Elites
noungning said:
i really have no idea so i think ur going to have to wait for muddie or onestupidguy
[post="46881"][/post]​
yeah i know i had awaited so long for their answers and hopefully, muddie remembers to post the pictures how it works... :(

Muddie Murda

smile...
I'm BACK! I feel so guilty and stupid for not returning.

Hey KitKat! =D And everyone else.

I see you've brought your red/white/yellow cord.

I guess I made it sound hard when I said I'd take pics, in which, stupid me didn't take pics.

You would actually just plug everything up like you would a TV. Get your cord, plug it into the back of the VCR like you would when you plug to a TV. Then, on your CPU, it should have the plug holes just like a TV has. Just plug it in like it is your TV.

You got it all plugged in? :D You got your "Intervideo DVD Creator" program opened?

Great! They have this option, "Record from Camcorder" or something like that. :D That's the option you need! Basically, recording from camcorder and VCR is the same thing.

AM I MAKING SENSE? This burden of not returning to this thread is making me senseless. (This part makes no sense to me either. :D)