Highly Overrated Actors and Actresses

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
On the top of my head right now i can only think of one and that person is Aum Patcharapa. I don't find her sexy nor extremely pretty. Just because she poses with her mouth slightly open, doesn't mean she's sexy and she tries wayyy too hard.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
pancake: acting sucks but KD's favourite
nadech boy and yaya: one short lakorn together and now they're the hottest couple?

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
Def Aum P and Pancake. As for Yaya and Nadech, they definitely have potential and it's normal that they have so many fans supporting them. Honestly, some popular couples like Aum and Aff didn't even have that much chemistry in their first lakorn Jamleuy Ruk but yet they immediately became hot commodities. Thats just my opinion though.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I swore there was a topic like this before? Hmmm..

Anyways I believe everyone has their bias and unbiased opinions of daras..

And I also think that thanks to their "overrated-ness" theyre able to get to where they are while some worked hard for those spots.

For example, aum & anne, they've been in the industry for ages so of course they'll be known in the industry.. On the other hand, look at min and mint n? They kind of shot to fame because many people thought they resembled aum. I also see other daras doing aum's mouth thing too..

I won't say much because I love most daras hehe .. The ones mentioned too..

Anyways another thing I'm gonna point out is that every year, there's always going to be newbies and such, so there's bound to be more future "overrated-ness" to come.. It just depends on how they're promoted and such.. and if they deserve it. Because I've seen many other daras that can do way better.. But they just don't have that promotion or offer to prove themselves.

I feel old now stating my lil opinion hehe.. But I realized I grew to ignore the overrated-ness of daras because if you're into them, then you are.. if not, then you aren't.. I especially hate it when the anti-daras start bashing.. >__<

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
I agree aikoden. Everyone has their own opinions and obviously if you're not a found of someone highly popular like say Aff Taksaorn, you're going to think they're overrated. If you're going to be popular, you must deserve it with talents and not looks.

cecilia

Staff member
BIAS argument -- so really, no one will win over this .. my favorite may be your most hate and my most hate will be your favorite -- i dont' know why we should bring such topic out when we know the exact answer already -BIAS OPINION ..

Let's just look at this topic as -- supply and demand -- dara are human but with their jobs -- it's just like that .. dara hit it big b/c they have what the ppl want and what the ppl need. If your favorite is not on the top or my favorite is not on the top -- it's not b/c they're not good looking or bad looking .. it's because they dont' have what the audience want to see. Over rate or not -- ppl like them for one reason -- if you don't like it .. ignore. I suppose, i live through so many years of quarreling with bias fans -- i like to preach that 'IGNORANCE is the key to be happy in dara world'

Anyway, I have one too many i like and one too many i don't -- so whatever rock ppl's boat .. i'm cool as long as they don't be too critical and hypocritical of my favorite -- example, some ppl think their are the best and only the best while putting other ppl down -- in everyone's eyes, their favorite always the BEST, that's why they're their favorite lol so ppl, don't feel offend if someone else don't like your dara or think your favorite is bs too :nailbiter:

i suppose if i may say -- ppl who survive the most b/c they have the 'it' factor. Ppl who make it big b/c of their 'it' factor. Watch and analyze -- good looks doesn't really do much unless they have some hidden talent with them. HAHA, maybe ppl needs to take in simon's honest comments at time.

Mann

I agree with Aiko, Chubbycheeks, & Ceci. It's like if you don't want to watch the show, flip the channel lol. Some people love different people. I usually don't think anyone is overrated. It's like saying that if everyone love you then you have to much love and you can never have too much love lol. But anyways, my point is.. daras are willing to accept work if it's given to them. If you don't do your job, you don't earn the check na -- and the people who like them more just giving them better opportunities.

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
pancake-need i say the reason?
aum-acting quality has gone down, not sexy (her definition of sexy is exposing her breasts which to me is slutty instead), people's been saying her face looks like a ka-tuey and i'm starting to think so too, and her attitude stinks big time right now
poo-take her off stage please, cannot act at all!
chompoo-better off rai or different roles. lately her eyes look like a psychopath, mentally disturbed or something
pat n.-rai better
view
pang o
yard

por t-uh, i don't think he's good looking at all
pae-eeee
rome
who elseeeee?

i don't think min is overrated i think she's a good actress. mint n. cannot act that well though.

underrated

sammie, jaja, vicky, sara legg

fun

Expired Sarnie
With or without bias, Poo sucks at acting and she isn't all that pretty (at least from my eyes, she just doesn't attract me.) nor does she have a likable personality (well I don't know her personally) but the way she carries herself and through interview, she ain't a sharp girl. When her lakorn was on air, she has garner lots of rating. And I can't seem to figure it out. Even the plot drew me away.

tinah

sarNie Coma
With or without bias, Poo sucks at acting and she isn't all that pretty (at least from my eyes, she just doesn't attract me.) nor does she have a likable personality (well I don't know her personally) but the way she carries herself and through interview, she ain't a sharp girl. When her lakorn was on air, she has garner lots of rating. And I can't seem to figure it out. Even the plot drew me away.
lol i totally agree with you fun, about poo!

cecilia

Staff member
i know, the guys at pantip were excite over her return from studying when she did this promote for the car show thing.

I'm okay with poo -- she has her up and down on lakorn -- my favorite is that one of her and ball where she plays this trickery girl. I wish she can go back and act better like her old work.

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
fun4fun lol! I'm not a fan of Poo either but I'm not going to bash on her.

With this topic, people can be bias and what not but it all just depends on how far we're going about with our comments. If we simply don't like an actor/actress, thats our opinion but it's unecessary if we take the argument too far by convincing others to agree with our thoughts. So having that said I'm glad to see that this thread is fine lol.

I will probably be one of the first to say that I never liked Jamleuy Ruk when it first aired. I never liked the concept of the series of having the p'ek kidnapp the n'ek mistakenly and toturing her without having any common sense. Hence I thought Ateam was so overrated. It took me awhile to warm up to the couple and they gradually grew on me.

Earlier about my comment with Yadech, I might have sounded bias because I'm a fan of them but I meant to point out that they're still newbies. It's unfair to say they're overrated since they've only starred in two lakorns and have yet a long way to go. It's normal that so many people are hyped because as an overall, 4HJHKK is a popular lakorn. It's better to wait and watch their future projects to determine whether they're worthy of people's support or not. Unless you immediately did not like Yaya and Nadech and aren't willing to give them a second chance lol. This goes for all new daras.

cecilia

Staff member
^since you add that on -- i also want to add this -- some of the older dara has moment like this in the past. It's just too sad that the fan who admire them now dont' get to experience it and thought that the newer dara are overrate. If any of the fans were clue in with the news -- the kwan generation has their moments to shine -- it was camera, them, camera them everywhere. Lots of feuding then as well b/c of audience demand.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ couldn't have agreed more with you ceci..
i do believe/think that every/most daras went through this period..