Hmong Flag

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile

This is the Hmong Flag.....

The Hmong of Northern Laos, and their Organization Chao Fah, struggle against the current Laotian government.

The flag hoisted is all red, with in each corner a yellow figure (like Siva, in the upper part with four arms and in the lower part with only two arms); in the upper centre is a yellow six-pointed star and in the lower centre is a yellow circle (the sun); in the centre of the fly are three arrows: the upper arrow is yellow; the central (double size of the others and pointed to two parts) is white; and the lower is blue

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
Yeap I'm pretty sure... It's the Hmong flag during the Secret War in Lao... I don't know if it did change or not but I'm pretty sure this is the one.

aZn_FrEaK

*~JUNSU'S DORK~*
yup it's the one.... i still don't understand why it was chosen since it looks... well weird :huh: to begin with...

jekki2chipo

sarNie Hatchling
That's the Hmong flag back during the old days, the the one they use now a days is the lao republic one, with the elephants.
the red one.

vilasaeng said:

This is the Hmong Flag.....

The Hmong of Northern Laos, and their Organization Chao Fah, struggle against the current Laotian government.

The flag hoisted is all red, with in each corner a yellow figure (like Siva, in the upper part with four arms and in the lower part with only two arms); in the upper centre is a yellow six-pointed star and in the lower centre is a yellow circle (the sun); in the centre of the fly are three arrows: the upper arrow is yellow; the central (double size of the others and pointed to two parts) is white; and the lower is blue
[post="37594"][/post]​
Wat does the flag stand for? like pictorial wise?

Muddie Murda

smile...
if that's the flag, I don't think I'll be drawing that for school... LOL

looks compilcated and the arrows e_e they really don't balance the flag out at all...

who designed this?? lol

No offense really. :p

mychen

sarNie Egg
Muddie MuRda said:
if that's the flag, I don't think I'll be drawing that for school... LOL

looks compilcated and the arrows e_e they really don't balance the flag out at all...

who designed this?? lol

No offense really. :p
[post="37662"][/post]​
Haha. No offense either but it looks so disorganized. Like someone just jokingly created it through paint.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
I agree- it doesn't look that bad.. but why the color Red... I mean, too much red doesn't look good anymore...

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
It's kinda sad that many of us Hmong people had to learn about our culture through here and so late. But I am glad for the forums because they really help out a lot. I have learned so much from these forums than I did my whole life. My parents wants us to know how to speak hmong and you know be good Hmong kids, but they don't tell us anything about the past. I don't know if they're waiting for us to ask them about it or if they don't think it's important to us or something. I really wanted to ask them about a lot of stuff sometimes but all my whole life, I learned from other people, I hardly learned anything form my parents, we don't talk about any Hmong history that I don't know how to ask them. I just leanred so much about the Hmong wedding traditions from my friends at school. I am so glad that there are those who still knows about our culture and was welling to tell us about it. I am also so glad that there are many Hmong young people who are still interested in our culture.

I have been thinking and I guess some of you may hate me for this, but I am used to not having a country. I believe in that saying, it's not the land that makes a home but the people who does. So to me, as long as we can live in peace, I am not interested in having a country of our own. I just hope someday soon everyone can live together without killing each other and without being so racism. That will be the day.

maiv

sarNie Hatchling
my older sister used to have a picture of that flag back when she went to the Pahawh school in Fresno...still don't know what it symbolizes though

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
I got it off the internet where all the Lao Flag is at...... Once Hmong Flag stood in the Laotian country where the Hmong large cities use to stand before the start of the Cold War start or during the same time.. All I know for a fact it was in the 1960 when there are Laotian Nationalist....

ahs

sarNie Egg
Pretty cool...never knew had a flag to begin with. Its not that bad looking..it stands out. Have you guys seen the other flags...so much of the same thing... flip this or that triangle and it becomes someone elses' flag...

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
yea i agree with you and like almost all flags like share the same color and same design and stuff it's different because us hmong peeps are unique haha ^_^

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
No offense...

I was just thinking... Because the Lao Communist Government was over thrown.... There's weren't any evident or pieces of the Flag that was left... So they make this flag up with the words from the elder and imagation... The really one probably look better then this.... Ask your elder if they know anything about flag...

missy

sarNie Egg
moonfaerrie said:
It's kinda sad that many of us Hmong people had to learn about our culture through here and so late. But I am glad for the forums because they really help out a lot. I have learned so much from these forums than I did my whole life. My parents wants us to know how to speak hmong and you know be good Hmong kids, but they don't tell us anything about the past. I don't know if they're waiting for us to ask them about it or if they don't think it's important to us or something. I really wanted to ask them about a lot of stuff sometimes but all my whole life, I learned from other people, I hardly learned anything form my parents, we don't talk about any Hmong history that I don't know how to ask them. I just leanred so much about the Hmong wedding traditions from my friends at school. I am so glad that there are those who still knows about our culture and was welling to tell us about it. I am also so glad that there are many Hmong young people who are still interested in our culture.

I have been thinking and I guess some of you may hate me for this, but I am used to not having a country. I believe in that saying, it's not the land that makes a home but the people who does. So to me, as long as we can live in peace, I am not interested in having a country of our own. I just hope someday soon everyone can live together without killing each other and without being so racism. That will be the day.
[post="37859"][/post]​
It is kinda sad but there's no one to teach us. My parents probably don't even know what the flag looks like.

I also have no problem not having a country. We've been forever like this that it doesn't really matter and I really doubt it that we'll ever have our own country.