How often do you speak Hmong?

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
I use to speak Hmong so much, but now I speak less and less of it everyday. I try to every once in a while and encourage my siblings too.

moonfaerrie

sarNie Hatchling
Gosh, my younger sister can speak hmong, but she would not use it at all no matter how much we try to make her. well, she only talk a little hmong to my grandmother. i taslked so much hmong that people are really surprised. alot of the people who just knew me always assume i'm one of those girls who don't know how to speak hmong and i am so glad to surprise all of them. i wish i know more hmong words though. i talked in hmong all the times, but only the same words over and over again, no hard words.

shana pakim

sarNie Adult
i speak hmong everyday...i only speak english when i go to work...i talk to my parent in hmong and my brother in hmong and many other people in hmong...all my cousin doesn't really speak hmong but when i speak to them i just speak hmong cause i don't fell comfortable speaking english...

SunStar

sarNie Elites
i speak hmong everyday... every hour...every minute...but not every second.. because i speak HMONGLISH!!!!

but my hmong is very good... i'm the best hmong speaker from the 10 children in our family... so yeah...

L

lalalek

Everyday but that's like only to my Grandma.....i mix it with little laos so i sound super fobbie..lol!!!! :lmao:

hamerica

sarNie Hatchling
I speak Hmong most of the time with mix of English.

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
i speak hmong a lot, like 90%, that my sister doubts that i know how to speak engish. my firends use to talk a lot in english until i talked to them a lot in hmong and then they started talking in hmong too. hehehe but when i think about talking in hmong i can't seem to say it right. hehehe

SunStar

sarNie Elites
nanthao said:
In my house ....we all speak english, hmong and thai all together.
[post="139731"][/post]​
wow...

klop krua cong tur pood pasat Thai dai took khun ler kaa?! wow... chan gaw yah klop krua cong chan pood pasat Thai muen gun...

amythao

sarNie Adult
SunStar Posted Jul 7 2006, 02:45 AM
QUOTE(nanthao @ Jul 5 2006, 12:40 PM)
In my house ....we all speak english, hmong and thai all together.

wow...

klop krua cong tur pood pasat Thai dai took khun ler kaa?! wow... chan gaw yah klop krua cong chan pood pasat Thai muen gun...
Watch thai lakorn at a young age...teach me to learn thai....but I still try to learn to read it and wirte it...

SunStar

sarNie Elites
same here...began watching it when i was...hmm...when i was 9... since then... i've watched hundreds of lakorns and eventually... i picked up the language... i can understand basic Thai and speak it...

i also taught myself how to read and write Thai... i can write very well... but my spelling and grammar of Thai really sucks... as for reading... i'm getting better everyday...

i'm thinking about taking some professional class to improve my Thai... so i can become fluent in it...

amaymoua

sarNie Egg
When i was younger I spoke mainly English, but after meeting my boyfriend, and not fully understanding him, made me feel stupid, because I'm hmong and I can't fully understand it... so being with him taught me a lot, esp speaking Hmong. I speak Hmong more now than before.. I actually enjoy speaking in Hmong...

I dont' use it at work at all because I'm the only Hmong, but at home I would say I use it about 85% of the time...

hellomelia

sarNie Hatchling
its kinda hard forme to say how much i speak of each. its funny because its becoming hmonglish where i mix both. =)

skoo_gurl

sarNie Egg
WELL, I JUST RECENTLY NOTICED THAT ALMOST HALF OF EVERYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF MY MOUTH IS ENGLISH...EVEN THOUGH I AM VERY FLUENT IN HMONG AND ENGLISH...SINCE THEN, I AM TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT I USE MORE HMONG....CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE LANGUAGE...

DaH_LaDiE

sarNie Hatchling
to my parents i speak both but mostly hmong.. i mostly speak english..i kinda suck at taliking in hmong..so yea..