Kissing Scenes Anyone?

mailee0515

sarNie Egg
Okay, I don't know if anyone has brought this topic up before. I am a lover of thai lakorns and I have constantly kept up to date with them. Throughout the years, I have recently started to see that thai lakorns are starting to be modern and add in kiss scenes in a tasteful way. However, most actors shun them, why do you think so? I don't know if Thai culture looks down up kiss scenes or not, but I think that they should starting adding them to lakorns. For instance, Ann T is one of my favortie actresses and I have seen her do a couple of kiss scenes making her movies and lakorns so romantic and the chemistry that she has with all her co-stars are amazing. What do you guys think? :lol:

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
Will, in the Asian culture, like Thai, Lao, Hmong, most of us, saying that if you're gonna get intimate with ur bf or gf u should not show it out to the public becuz it's kinda showing no respect...kissing should be done where no public eyes can see...If u were to done it in public they will judge u wrongfully...

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
Anyways, back to kissing scene in the movies...Of course I think that they should now upgraded the kissing scenes already. Tired of seeing the scene where they use the camera angles and have the P'nangs tilt their heads making it look like they really kissed. And u know for sure that they're not even touching. Or the P'ake would put his thumb over N'ake lip, and the neck kissing..my god, who would aim for the neck anyways....

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
yeah! i guess it's cutural value and tingies...

but if you wanna see lip kissing..which isn't reallie real either..juz lips touching...watch Likit Gammathep the kiss in there by far tat's the most intense kiss i've seen in Thai lakorns...and also check out Chakrit's lakorns...he does a lot of real lip action and even if he's faking it he does an E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T.! job at it..he's like top notch at it..i'm so freaking serious..he the only thai actor tat brings my stomach butterflies wen it comes to angle kisses...

mailee0515

sarNie Egg
yeah! i guess it's cutural value and tingies...

but if you wanna see lip kissing..which isn't reallie real either..juz lips touching...watch Likit Gammathep the kiss in there by far tat's the most intense kiss i've seen in Thai lakorns...and also check out Chakrit's lakorns...he does a lot of real lip action and even if he's faking it he does an E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T.! job at it..he's like top notch at it..i'm so freaking serious..he the only thai actor tat brings my stomach butterflies wen it comes to angle kisses...
Since I love Chakrit, I must agree with you. He sure is great when it comes romance scenes and his kiss scenes are H.O.T! :p

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
About 20(not sure when, but quite a long time ago) years ago, EVERY kiss scene are real in all lakorns because the directors that just graduated from some other country(eg, usa, eng, swiss) said that it's a MUST for kiss scene to be real....but only about 10 years ago, that they're startng to oppose real kisses because most actresses are quite young and usully their parents are there on set, and their parents are saying that real kisses arent nessesary...

but personally, i think real kisses are quite unnessesary...cos the actresses will always be the one "at their disadvantage" when it comes to acting. and i think the lakorn is not gonna turn out horrible if they dun do real kisses...

sarN

sarNie Granny
guy have more advantage in kissing scene den girl ^^^^ :lol: thai producer prolly is a female so no real kiss B) --- it a culture thing Asian tend to be more conservative in those area but im use to lakorn have fake kissing scene ^^^ no biggie it all cool but once in a while i dont mind see soem real one too .

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
i also think that there should be more kissing scenes in lakorns...maybe some romantic ones, some cute ones :kiss:, and some more aggressive ones :slapandkissse3:

dmdaisy

sarNie Hatchling
I am not a fan of pda when i'm out and about to me that's nasty but when you live in the states you'll see it around you when you out sometimes. With that being said i hate it when i see fake kissing scenes in lakorns cause it's so funny cause the guys lips don't even touch the girls face and it just come off as bad acting half the time. I actually don't mind kissing scenes in lakorn cause i think it's cute to see the main leads kiss especially when it's one of your favorites on-screen couple. Don't get me wrong i don't want to see them kissing and making out with each either all the time like you would see in american soaps but sometimes just kiss here and there isn't bad like for example kwan and weir lakorn they kiss and kiss at the end too and that was really cute scene and not too much. I'll say one thing if a was n'ak and my p'ak was really cute(Tik) :w-scene-pop-corn: i wouldn't have to think twice if i wanna do a kissing scene or not. ^_^

IHeartFendi

sarNie Egg
I'm sure no one cares about what I think. LOL. But hey, the great thing about forums is you don't have to read boring posts like mine. :D Anyway, that said...I would have to disagree with wanting more Asians to kiss on-screen. Call me old-fashioned if you will, (though I'm still in my twenties) but we have a culture that is different from the western world. We value ourselves in a different way from Westerners. Part of how we express how valueable we are as a gentleman, or as a woman or a lady is by not exposing yourself in such a way.

I think the most important aspect of a movie is not whether the actors kissed, or went "all the way" (whether through rape or consent). The characters and the plot is ESSENTIAL to make a good story. For example, would you rather see boring characters who can't act, but are kissing in every episode, or would you rather see no actual kissing, but the acting is great, the story is awesome?

But for the people who still would rather see more kissing scenes along with good acting and good plots...no fear. I have noticed a trend throughout Asian movies, films, and cinema where kissing scenes are starting to become more and more normal and accepted by Asian audiences. I'm sure that the trend will continue in that direction, maybe even to a point where it's as normal as Western movies.

preawXXsornram

sarNie Fansubber
I'm sure no one cares about what I think. LOL. But hey, the great thing about forums is you don't have to read boring posts like mine. :D Anyway, that said...I would have to disagree with wanting more Asians to kiss on-screen. Call me old-fashioned if you will, (though I'm still in my twenties) but we have a culture that is different from the western world. We value ourselves in a different way from Westerners. Part of how we express how valueable we are as a gentleman, or as a woman or a lady is by not exposing yourself in such a way.

I think the most important aspect of a movie is not whether the actors kissed, or went "all the way" (whether through rape or consent). The characters and the plot is ESSENTIAL to make a good story. For example, would you rather see boring characters who can't act, but are kissing in every episode, or would you rather see no actual kissing, but the acting is great, the story is awesome?

But for the people who still would rather see more kissing scenes along with good acting and good plots...no fear. I have noticed a trend throughout Asian movies, films, and cinema where kissing scenes are starting to become more and more normal and accepted by Asian audiences. I'm sure that the trend will continue in that direction, maybe even to a point where it's as normal as Western movies.
i totally agree with you...

mailee0515

sarNie Egg

Great post :D I think that it's great to preserve the culture by not having kisses but the trend of kissing is starting to be common in Thai lakorns. I think that as long as the kiss scene is necessary and is shot in a good way than yeah, why not? Either way, I'm fine as long as the story is good (like Jum Lei Ruk, no kiss scene but one of the best drama for 2008 so far)