Lao Superstition

bukyed

sarNie Egg
Dont look between ur legs because u might see a ghost behind u.

If u put a dog tears into ur eyes then u will see a ghost too. Remember dog howled when they see ghost.

MzLovely

sarNie Hatchling
ok this will be my last reply before i head to bed lol...

-don't cut your nails at night it's gonna make your life horrible.
-don't whistle at night, you'll call ghosts [i still believe this one for some reason]
-don't forget to cover your sticky rice container [thip kow] or else u won't find a husband.
-don't sleep and eat or you'll be a snake.
-don't eat just the food without rice or you'd get a big belly that will eventually pop.
-don't sing while eating, or you'd find an older spouse.
-when you dream you've moved into a new house/lost your teeth, go to the bathroom and pee or do something so no one gets injured in the family because you've cleared this out of your system [odd thing i've dreamt my teeth all fell out and grew back in the matter of minutes--my grandmother passes away 2 weeks later and 2 days after, my little cousin was born]
-if you write with the left hand, you will be an odd child, so we were always forced to write with the right, eat with the right hand
-when a baby smiles at you, you will lose hair
-when the baby is new born and they pee on you, they will grow up loving you [my little cousin, when i was there for her birth pee'd on me, she is very afraid of me and does not show any kind of affection]
-don't rub/touch the baby's cheeks because they won't have a great meal after being touched or rubbed on the cheeks.
-if you have bird crap on you, this is very good luck?!? lol

okay i think i've listed most of what comes to mind lol hahah my posts are getting soooo freakin long now. geeh. :lol:

anybody heard of when you put your hands on your chest when sleeping allows ghost to go into you? its happen to me putting my hands on my chest and my body froze and stuff, but its proven that your body can sleep but mind is still awake, but then again I did have my hands on my chest

sleep with the blanket over your feet, or else the ghost will pull you down...(i believe it lol)...
umm, i think you guys pretty much got it covered haha...oh, and if ur kid or a kid starts tlkin to someone who isnt there, put out food or something to show that your welcoming them or showing respect..something like that lol..and i know, it could be an imaginary friend, but thats what my grandma tld me lol (my brother once lied about seeing someone so that my grandma wld put out food, but then he wld leave in the middle of the night to go and eat it hahah, i caught him =])

I've heard of don't sleep and eat or you'll be a snake. I also heard about the hand on the chest thing and the blanket over your feet one.

-Of course I have some that nobody mentioned. If you step over a person older than you, it's bad luck.
- If a Owl is making that noise (the noise it makes, kinda forgot what it's called) Then someone will dies next to you.

That's all I could remember because I was told this stuff by my mom a while back. Some times these things still scare me.

reagan1986

sarNie Egg
guess what happen to me on monday night,
I couldnt sleep so i lied in bed with the tv on, it was roughly 2-3am and suddenly my body stops moving and a black shadow goes right pass me to the left then again to the right, and im unsure if it came back for a third time, for some reason I cant remember. but it was definitely twice, just weird how i was sideways on my bed and how could it go from right to left and left to right when theres a bed there to stop it from moving, this was also in the room I was sleeping in, and also i froze multiply times that night it was abit weird because i tried biting my tongue but nothing happen, and I never had a case where I would stop moving and it'll come back and again on the same night and especially pretty much right after one another. this was the worst case so far, few months or a year ago i woke up with some green thing on top of me, wasnt a dream cause i quickly turned my light on and left it liked that and fell asleep waking up only to the light being on still =),

MzLovely

sarNie Hatchling
guess what happen to me on monday night,
I couldnt sleep so i lied in bed with the tv on, it was roughly 2-3am and suddenly my body stops moving and a black shadow goes right pass me to the left then again to the right, and im unsure if it came back for a third time, for some reason I cant remember. but it was definitely twice, just weird how i was sideways on my bed and how could it go from right to left and left to right when theres a bed there to stop it from moving, this was also in the room I was sleeping in, and also i froze multiply times that night it was abit weird because i tried biting my tongue but nothing happen, and I never had a case where I would stop moving and it'll come back and again on the same night and especially pretty much right after one another. this was the worst case so far, few months or a year ago i woke up with some green thing on top of me, wasnt a dream cause i quickly turned my light on and left it liked that and fell asleep waking up only to the light being on still =),

Wow, that's really scary. =X None of this has happened to me yet and I hope it doesn't. I would be so freaked out.