Moua Lee Upcomming Movie

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
Hey Pepper_UHT, thanks for passing the word and posting my thread from hmongblog. I appreciate it.

Hi all...thanks for your kind words, comments, and feedbacks. Whether it be positive or negative...I will take your words into considerations and improve my movies to the best of my abilities. For those of you who expects high quality and "Hollywood" type of movies from Hmong film makers like me or others...you will have to be patient. Someone talented will come along someday and do justice to all the trash talking and take Hmong movies to the "Hollywood" level...as for now, I'm trying my best to do what I love...and climb that mountain...one small step at a time.

I appreciate many of you who see me as one of the better Hmong movie directors but I am by no means the best nor the No 1 guy. There are many talented Hmong visual story tellers out there. Some, we just haven't discover them yet...that's all. As long as You watch my movies and give me credit for trying...then that's good enough for me.

As for the release of "The Forest Keeper"...I don't have a set date yet. I may submit the movie to film festivals first and then release it in DVD to the Hmong communities afterward. That's if everything goes as planned.

Right now I'm working on the script and hope to begin production in early summer 2006. I will keep you guys posted.

A suspense/thriller type movie meaning a Ghost movie? “The Forest Keeper� doesn’t that remind me of thai movie “Spirt of the Forest� I might be wrong but it sounds alike.
nancyvang, you really know your Thai movies...I will have to tell you guys that I have never heard of the Thai movie called "Spirit of the Forest" and I've never seen it. "The Forest Keeper" will be original work with a storyline that will surprise you guys. I cannot give you much more details. It will spoil the story.

I hope you guys don't get the wrong impressions that Hmong people can not come up with their own stories. We may be behind...but I think we are catching up...and getting there.

MOUA LEE

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I won't blame you for having a simaliar storyline nor title, because movies these days are alike. For example: American movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" & "Your, Mines, and Ours" it's basically the same concept, and the scenes are almost symmetrical to each other. It's the same apply to movies produce by Chinese, Thai, India, etc.

I really like the scenery for Moua Lee's films, so that's one thing I'm watching for, as for the storyline I'll see how I will react when it comes out.

oil_yui

sarNie Adult
moua lee in here...kool...we all love your movie..can't wait to see this new movie.....

btw, are you looking for any actor?...hehe...just asking, 'cause my cuz, she always talks about wanting to be an actress, but she don't know where or how to start..... :sweat:

hlub

sarNie Egg
Hi, Moua Lee can you tell us who are the actors and actresses in this movie? Are they live in USA or in Thailand. I can't wait to buy it I really like all your movies.

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
hlub said:
Hi, Moua Lee can you tell us who are the actors and actresses in this movie? Are they live in USA or in Thailand. I can't wait to buy it I really like all your movies.
[post="67249"][/post]​

i want to know too.... :D

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
nancyvang said:
I won't blame you for having a simaliar storyline nor title, because movies these days are alike. For example: American movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" & "Your, Mines, and Ours" it's basically the same concept, and the scenes are almost symmetrical to each other. It's the same apply to movies produce by Chinese, Thai, India, etc.

I really like the scenery for Moua Lee's films, so that's one thing I'm watching for, as for the storyline I'll see how I will react when it comes out.
[post="66943"][/post]​

TRUST ME...there is no similarity. However, now that you've mentioned it, maybe I will check it out and see if it's similar to my storyline. Like I've mentioned before...I do watch Thai movies...but very few Thai movies.

hlub said:
[post="67249"][/post]​
There will be actors from Thailand and the USA. The main character is from America. Most actors will be here in America.

I can not give more details of "The Forest Keeper." It will ruin the story and it won't be fun when you watch it. I will tell you, however, that it involves somes hunters. No.......it's not a Chai Vang type of movie. I'm not ready for people from the Hmong and the "White" communities to throw rocks at me...hehe...just kidding. "The Forest Keeper" will be a good, entertaining, mysterious, scary, and surprising story with a twist at the end.

Regarding whether I need actors or not...I will select some people that I have in mine already and go from there. No actors has been choosen nor committed to the project yet.

Thanks for your comments.

MOUA LEE

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
he should go for HOUA XIONG (from band 4SEASONS) for WA MENG (guy in KUV LEEJ NIAM)....yea....those two sound good...hahahaha.....

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
Moua Lee, I LOVE YOU! You movies are very interesting. I have bought all the movies that you made so far. Each one bring tears to my eyes! I'm hoping to see The Forest Keeper when it is release.

leek18

sarNie Adult
no way for hmong america to do movie and that sound sucks because hmong america can't act i think hmong thailand should do it because they are way more better. moua lee why don't you use hmong thailand to do it because i see lot of hmong america do movie and they can't even act and raise money to buy it too

sarahvang

sarNie Elites
that is so cool... moua lee in sarn world lol!!!! tightness... i'm very fond of you really. I can't wait to watch it.... your my inspiration... i want to become a director one day to hehehe... "The forest keeper" sounds really interesting! taking place in the U.S and Laos? hmmm... cools.

sarahvang

sarNie Elites
leek18 said:
no way for hmong america to do movie and that sound sucks because hmong america can't act i think hmong thailand should do it because they are way more better. moua lee why don't you use hmong thailand to do it because i see lot of hmong america do movie and they can't even act and raise money to buy it too
[post="68856"][/post]​

I'm sure moue lee will find someone very talented to act in this one right? true some hmong-MEKA don't have the most professional acting... but hopefully there is someone out there.... i'd be nice to have the talented thai actors and actress in "The forest keeper" to. I thought that one guy from moua lee's 2nd film was giood... i don't knwo his name but he was really good he's hmong meka lol! :D

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
maybe they should have Tub Yaj star in it.. ehehehe... that'll be kewl.. :)

btw, of course hmong thailand/laos is going to act better than us hmong mae-ka.. because that's their job.. Acting..they don't have anything else to do besides acting or singing.if they're a singer... but to us hmong-mae-ka.. we have other things to do besides acting..we got an job...gotta go to school...( for the youngsters.. some..) business to take care.. all those stuff i don't need to mention.. :)

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
YM_gurl said:
maybe they should have Tub Yaj star in it.. ehehehe... that'll be kewl.. :)

btw, of course hmong thailand/laos is going to act better than us hmong mae-ka.. because that's their job.. Acting..they don't have anything else to do besides acting or singing.if they're a singer... but to us hmong-mae-ka.. we have other things to do besides acting..we got an job...gotta go to school...( for the youngsters.. some..) business to take care.. all those stuff i don't need to mention.. :)
[post="69092"][/post]​
Um...I think they have a lot to do over there too...for example, farming maybe? If you have the talent to act then you're a good actor...to say that you can't act because of other obstacles doesn't seem legit...but I do see where you're coming from...we do have other important things to do over here because we're dependent on them...actors from thailand and laos can depend on the salary they get from acting because they are being exploited (this is how I feel only)...hmong movie producers cannot afford to pay actors from here...american money is worth more in thailand and laos...

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
i wonder actor and actress in US get pay how much for a movie? i know that Hmong World Production pays by hour and Hmong Modern Star just give a number of payment....but about other production, how much do they pay for an actor or actress for a movie?

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
leek18 said:
[post="68856"][/post]​

HMONG AMERICANS ARE VERY TALENTED TOO. THERE ARE MANY GOOD ACTORS OUT THERE...LOOK CAREFULLY AND YOU'LL SEE.

ceda_lee said:
actors from thailand and laos can depend on the salary they get from acting because they are being exploited (this is how I feel only)...hmong movie producers cannot afford to pay actors from here...american money is worth more in thailand and laos...
[post="69273"][/post]​

CEDA_LEE, I WILL HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THE POINT THAT HMONG THAI ACTORS ARE BEING EXPLOITED.

I'LL GIVE YOU ALL SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:

- ONE DAY OF HARD LABOR IN THAILAND(12 HOURS ADAY): 100 - 150 BAHT/DAY
*YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF YOU EVEN GET A HARD LABOR JOB SOMEWHERE.

- BEING AN EXTRA IN MOUA LEE'S MOVIE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS: 300 - 500 BAHT/DAY

-BEING A WAITER AT A GOOD THAI RESTAURANT: 2,500 BAHT/MONTH
YOU PAY YOUR OWN RENT, FOOD, UTILITY BILLS ETC.

- STAR IN MOUA LEE'S MOVIE: 20,000 - 35,000 BAHT/MONTH
MOUA LEE PAYS FOR HOUSING, FOOD, AND TRANSPORTATION, ETC.

POV QAIB DIB STAR IN A NATIONAL THAI COMMERCIAL FOR CLORETS MINTS AND HE GETS 5000 BAHT. NOTE: CLORETS IS A WORLDWIDE MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY.

POV QAIB DIB STAR IN A HMONG MOVIE AS SUPPORTING ROLE, HE GETS PAY 20,000 BAHT. NOTE: HMONG PRODUCTIONS ARE VERY SMALL WITH BARELY ENOUGH BUDGET TO STAY IN BUSINESS.

ALL THE MAIN ACTORS IN MOUA'S MOVIES NOW HAVE JOBS STARRING IN OTHER PRODUCER'S MOVIES...GETTING GOOD PAYS.

EXPLOITATION? YOU GUYS BE THE JUDGE. ;)

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
But you have to consider that US money convert to thai money is a large sum, 1 dollar over here is 40 baht to them. Thai currency is low, so can we blame them for paying hmong people low sum? Not to mention, Thai actor and actress salary isn't much either, if you convert their million baht into U.S. currency.

As of hmong actor/actress being exploited. I have no comment. Why don't hmong just make an Entertainment Magazine, where they interview hmong actor/actress in Thailand, take pictures of them, etc. That way we'll get to hear both side of the story and judge by ourself if they're exploited or not.

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
yea...having a hmong magazine where we interview our stars and hear their gossip...sounds like a freaking good idea.....

i guess you can say that SOME hmong-american people can act.....but i think that when the get face to face with the camera...they get camera shy.....the stars in thailand i guess are more desperate....think of all the people that would want to be in their shoes....acting in front of a camera or singing....you know??

hey Moua Lee.....are you going to have a "Lwm Tiam Mam Hlub" movie Tiam 2???? with Tub Yaj and Paj Zaub Vwj??? i think that'd be sooo cool......and by the way...i love all your movies Moua Lee...i have everyone one of them...looking forward to watch Forest Keeper....

hey Moua Lee...how do people find their stars in Laos/Thailand anyways?? my dad says you just pull them off of the street and ask them if they wanna star in your movie...is that how it really works?? or do you hold auditions or something??? i'm just curious!! hehehe...