Real Player

Amy

Sarnie Royalty
:rolleyes: I'm uploading some songs in real player and i notice people keep requesting for media player(mp3) format. And i don't understand why people don't install real player.
Real player can play most songs including mp3, wmv, ram, rm rj, dat....And the size is at least 6 time smaller than mp3 and the quality is pretty much the same. Whereas media player can only wmv and mp3.
:blink: So could someone tell me why?????

Nueng

sarNie Juvenile
for me when i bought my laptop is already have Windows Media player on it...didn't see the point in dling real player when i already have WM :) when u dl lakorns as will it's nicer to watch on WM's

.diane.

Media Fanatic
i would say the number one reason why audio is requested in wma and mp3 is because they would probably want to burn it to a cd or listen to it in an mp3 player. (( i know i gotta have my jams :unsure: ))

realplayer is very limited. it can play a lot of things correct but you can't burn realaudio songs onto disc.....sniffle. there is a converter but the quality is horrible. i say this :D they should be happy if you'd like to take your time to upload. me i'm an hq freak. yanno you get the original dat files from vcds and mp3s at usually 128 and higher 320kbs if i'm feeling really generous hehe.

but i understand again your concern because the file is smaller and it can upload faster. thank you for your contributions though ^____^

Amy

Sarnie Royalty
:D Thanks Nueng & diane for your reply.
Most songs i have is in real player and someone give me this converter, that convert to wav, which you can play in media player too. :eek: But the converted size were 16 time bigger than the original file...that why i don't understand. Someone told said you can still copy real player file into a disk.

.diane.

Media Fanatic
yep the converter makes the file bigger because wav is bigger now the problem is though i bet the quality is having audio feedbacks like ssssssssshh or static in it. it's easy to convert wav audios to mp3s but again you have that static in there.

"Someone told said you can still copy real player file into a disk. "
true but i'm thinking they weren't as detailed to say that it's data. data cds can't be played in cd players you see what i mean? :wacko:

Amy

Sarnie Royalty
The wav sound that i converted from ram is clear like the original but it just the size of the file is shocking.

.diane.

Media Fanatic
oki than no problem. you just need a program that converts wav to mp3. got a friend that took the time to do a tutorial on that guide.

anywho, that's what they should do then. ^^ have you continue to upload as you please with whichever format and have them convert it. idk, maybe it's just me but i usually am the person that figures out how to play a file and so fourth from what the person uploaded. like me said earlier amy it's nice of you. but don't sweat it :D

Muddie Murda

smile...
haha

:D Well I personally don't like it because It just loads sooo slow compared to Winamp.

I favor winamp and since the new winamp can play videos too...winamp rules! :D

Plus, not too many files are in RM format...and if they are, it pisses me off. ahahaha I mean i can convert it easily, it just means I have to open up real player.

Ethaicd should consider changing from rm to wma or something. :D

.diane.

Media Fanatic
onestupidguy said:
People thesedays, demand stuff for sth when its free already.. :sweat:
[post="36202"][/post]​
ditto :sweat:

Muddie MuRda said:
haha

:D Well I personally don't like it because It just loads sooo slow compared to Winamp.

I favor winamp and since the new winamp can play videos too...winamp rules! :D

Plus, not too many files are in RM format...and if they are, it pisses me off. ahahaha I mean i can convert it easily, it just means I have to open up real player.

Ethaicd should consider changing from rm to wma or something. :D
[post="36209"][/post]​
second ditto :w000t:

Nameless

N i n j a
I remember back in the days when I was into Thai music, all the files were RM files. I had dial-up so it was worse. Honestly, I never liked Real player, mainly because of the audio quality. Other than that, I'll stick with the mp3s on winamp.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I don't like real player. My main objection is that it takes up too much ram when you load it. Its bloated and unwieldy.

I avoid the use of real player by installing a codec that emulate and allows me to play rm files.

say NO to real :ph34r:

juicee

sarNie Elites
well i used to live by realplayer, but ever since i got my ipod, i used itunes instead, so that's why i prefer mp3 or unprotected wmas.

noungning

Heartless
yeah real player files takes 19048293829 years to load geesus... and i can't burn them to cds as is... i'd have to convert and all that... it's kinda painful... well not really but i'm lazy. hehe. but wav files are a definite no no because they are huge... mp3 plays with everything so its better compared to rm files that must use only real players... :rolleyes: