Shamanism & Christianism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theist23

sarNie Egg
I rest my case. I think we all see that there are good reasons to accept Christianity is true. I presented many evidence for Christianity and we see no good reasons to reject it. Thus, my arguments still stand.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
I rest my case. I think we all see that there are good reasons to accept Christianity is true. I presented many evidence for Christianity and we see no good reasons to reject it. Thus, my arguments still stand.
No, not all. But whatever makes you happy.

caromaxline

sarNie Egg
well for me personally, I am a shaman follower. I don't like the things you said, but not because its your opinion.
And when people said you were being rude, and you said its your personal experience. I'd like to say, I sided with both sides.
But why we shamanism people thought it was sort of rude of you was because of how you worded your feelings towards shamanism.

I honestly would say that the way you stated some parts hurt us shaman followers.
But i honestly could really care less, because hey, you are a christian so be it. It has nothing to do with me.
But what ticks me is, when we see such type of posts about shaman and christianity and people always asking which is better.
The way you word 'shamanism is worse' is what makes people say you are rude. And like someone had said, its the way we were brought up.

People always argue and debate of this, I could care less for anyone that is christian or shamanism. I say this because, i don't like these little verbal wars that always comes and happen.
I just think, people need to for once just shut up and stop comparing these two religions.
I'm sorry if i offend you, because i want you to not talk about this.

Religion is religion. People grow up with it. We can't help it if we want to change or not.
Like how you changed to Christianity, but please, don't COMPARE SHAMANISM and CHRISTIANITY.

I not a follower of GOD, but i know one thing about Christianity, that is peace.
And what you are doing isn't peaceful. Not because you have the right to speech. But because you are discriminating against a religion. YOu say you respect, but that respect seems to be for only your parents and family. From the way you stated your words, you are not showing respect to our religion, and that is why so many have attacked and said you were being rude. You see, not many are like me or my family, when people talk of God and Christianity, we listen and acknowledge, but when we talk of Shamanism, we don't get the same acknowledgment. And this is precisely my family. Not all Shamanism or Christians.

Religion varies, so does language, ethnicity, as well as each family. So please, can we just stop this? i feel this topic needs to be closed and deleted. no offense.

- - - - - - -

you say you are a shamanist but you go to church? your illness doesn't come because of its evilness.
it comes because you are unbalanced.

Basically, you fully convert or you don't. If you are 50/50 you will not live a healthy life.

and FYI, all religions share similarities somewhere.
WE believe in a heaven, but not god.
We believe in balancing your 'chi' just like taoism.

We as well as many other religions believe in an AFTERLIFE.
SO THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. RELIGION VARIES SO DO PEOPLE.

so what is the point of this comparing the two religion.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I believe in shamanism so there is no way for me to believe in God, unless someday, someone introduces God to me perhaps to the world, so those who don't will start believing in God and will stop doubting those that do. On the other hand, we were all raised and brought to believe what we believe today so it's hard to accept someone's else religion however if you stay positive about someone's else religion, they will too. :) There are many religions out there but i'm sure we all believe in One.

i agreed with caromaxline, i couldnt agreed more and yes this topic should be closed for good. :)

visa

sarNie Egg
We should look at all religions in a positive way. Like what somebody said earlier, no matter what we believe in, at the end it is there to help us psychologically cope with our current situation. Everyone of us has the right to believe in whatever that best benefit our physical and mental health. This world will be a lot better if we can just pick out whatever most benefit us from every religions instead of sticking to just one. My dad practices shaman and my mom is a christian, but both religion can co-exit in my family. Growing up in this environment, I have learned to practice and believe the best of both religions and forget the things that doesn't add up. My whole family prays and sings when we attend my mom's side and participates in the rituals when we attend my dad's side of the family. If their is an illness in the family, we turn to both religions for questions and answers.

fun

Expired Sarnie
A really touchy subject, and when this type of discussion are being upheld, I hope that everyone comes here with an open mind.

To be honest, I don't know what religion I belong to. I do believe that a god exist but I do not believe that he created the world. He's more like a philospher. I also believe in spirits, ghosts, etc. but I do not believe in demonds. There are good ghost and bad ghost, just like how there are good people and bad people.

Theist23

sarNie Egg
To be honest, I don't know what religion I belong to. I do believe that a god exist but I do not believe that he created the world.
Then how do you account for the existence of the universe? If God does not create the universe, what is your other alternative to this--that the universe is god, everything is god? Please do explain. I'm a Christian and i find Pantheism seriously wrong. If it were true, it wouldn't be wrong to worship rocks and trees.

However, it is wrong according to the Christian worldview, because God is a personal being separated from His creation. We are to worship God only, not the creation. God is the necessary preconditions for intelligibility, that God's transcendent mind is what we discovered when we look at and discovered the principles of the universe. Not only can God be proven, however, denying His existence undermines rationality.

Theist23

sarNie Egg
Oh gosh...really?

Haha.
Look around you and see that 90% of the things you see has a creator.

The other 10% is yet to be defined. What is yet to be defined also has a creator. Just that our limited minds and limited time does not allow us to have an answer for those 10%. :lol2:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Then how do you account for the existence of the universe? If God does not create the universe, what is your other alternative to this--that the universe is god, everything is god? Please do explain. I'm a Christian and i find Pantheism seriously wrong. If it were true, it wouldn't be wrong to worship rocks and trees.

However, it is wrong according to the Christian worldview, because God is a personal being separated from His creation. We are to worship God only, not the creation. God is the necessary preconditions for intelligibility, that God's transcendent mind is what we discovered when we look at and discovered the principles of the universe. Not only can God be proven, however, denying His existence undermines rationality.
:lmao2:

So are you denying evolution because you believe that god created Earth? By the way, I didn't deny his existence :D And I don't worship trees and rocks :lol: but I do love trees and rocks. They just make the world a more beautiful place.

Theist23

sarNie Egg
:lmao2:

So are you denying evolution because you believe that god created Earth?
It depend on how you define the word evolution. The way evolution work is through the action of natural selection acting on mutations etc. Population change in response to environmental pressure and they become adapted to the environment, thus changing over time.

However, that doesn't prove we humans and chimpanzees share an common ancestor 7 million years ago. That's all baloney. It's a bait and switch lie. It is a fact population change--evolution. But it's not true that we are related to many of the great apes--bonobos and gorillas. Are you saying that we do? Mind explaining that to us?

hmaitim

sarNie Egg
Let's talk about Shamanism & Christianism. Which one has better options in life? =)

I chose Christianism over shamanism because they have better stories. haha!
And Shamanism is just too scary in a way. I heard that demon is Shaman Shi Yig's younger brother. They betrayed God so God kicked them out of the heaven includes those that betrayed him also. So they were lost in the world of jungle. This is why we have ghost appear physically for some people that could see. Demon was once an angel but lawv tau hloov siab hloov ntsws thiab coj phem thiab ntxeev siab rau vaj tswv. Lawv thiaj li dhau mus ua demons lawm. =)

My gosh, I am shamanist and we have "xwm kab" and "dab thaiv vaj tse" and etc. I think this is bothering me now. I just want to believe in god and live peacefully. Oh and you know what? I heard that demons were the ones to destroy people and life. They can act like humans and have knowledge like humans but they may not have flesh like humans. They can also go into human's body to possess them on whichever way if they choose or find you. But you know, demon obey god even though they have lost their home of heaven. It's the law. They can't disobey him even now. When you become a christian, you are avoiding those demons to get out of your way which is a good thing. Because you have god in you. The demons can't be near. It's like God nyob qhov twg ces ntxw nyoog nyob tsis tau qhov ntawd. Yups=) (sorry if im too poor at telling) hehe..

Omg and you know what is the worse ever about a shaman? especially when they do the jingle bell and most of them shaman gives you random interpretation. You see when you have to go saib yaig and this one said something else and the other one said something more and that one said another thing..(thats for example) now you see..so its all interpretation, shaman cant be real when it comes to healing! This is like..omg..wth it seems fake and i used to believe in whatever they tell my parents about it. Now I was ill for about almost a year and my parents ua neeb kho kuv and this is what the shaman told them "oh, koj tus ntxhais yuav ua neeb" LMAO! this cracked me up heck of bad and I didn't believe on this. Because i believe in something else which is god. =D (if something you dont believe it and if you chose not to. That is magical and it works in a way) And guess what? I am fine now and my sickness has gone alot better than usual. Because I set my faith and i pray independently. I could careless for what the shaman has told me..i wont fall into that stupid thing. There's a verse in the bible said that god forgives you and your sin when it comes near to death and nothing can be heal when you just wanna commit a crime but god said its not good to do that. One best way is to come believe in him and give up yourself and pray to him then he will see you and heal your wound. You will be cure when you begin to communicate with him spiritually. (that happens if you really believe so) Now for the shaman way. It's harder you have to do more things to heal your wounds. hahah! and you knew it! You got to use money and shit..go find pigs and chickens and dogs to replace your sin. That sucks because you still have to use money, you see? But for god, he don't need that. He only need your faith in your heart.

So my question is, why do we need to believe in shaman/demons? When they are the worse?? They ruin your life and everything. This seem like depending yes but we need to see that they are evils in our eyes. They used trick to play humans and we could fall for it. =( etc.. Oh and i almost forgot to mention this too, demons were the one that tso kev mob kev nkeeg los rau ntiaj teb thiab tib neeg. They make you sick and then you will have to seek for them back and forth and it just like they are using or playing you?? this is sick! (just like love, the one that play your heart haha) They are evils and will always be. =( That's a sin of demons and god won't forgive them. God has planned to renew the earth. But i dont know when that will comes.

And back to the topic, i think when you become believing in god. You will find your route when you died. =) but of this, im not 99% sure for those that are non-believer..hmm..where do they go? (i think i know the answer but unsure) i always hear this from the OG "cov neeg coj zoo thiab ua zoo yuav tau ntuj ntoo thiab mus cuag ntuj ceeb tsheej hos cov ua coj phem thiab tais ntuj yuav poob mus rau ntuj tsaus" and i do not understand the meaning of this. its kinda of confusing, very hard to picturize too. i need more details.

this shit is too much and everything is twisting in alot of ways...it just dont make sense
okay, this thread is not for you to get piss off!
i thought i should share n i need feedbacks from u too
and again i am a shamanist i still follow with my parents and i respect that... so dont ask me why or how i get converted ok? its part of my personal belief. you cant understand
again I am beginner only so i still have a long way to go through.
if there is something i have said wrong, let me know and reply it nicely. or else i will be ignoring your response.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I have been thinking for sometime before respond to this post. Like some of you said this is an interesting and sinsitive topic. I also agree with many of you that every religions is good as long as we believe in it. I haven't see actual proof of all so it is difficult to believe everything is 100% true. Every religion raise question in people's mind and I think it is okay since we never experience it. I have never die and coming back to live so I can't say what I believe it 100% true, but I think it is reasonable to have religion to help explain many things that science can't explain and whichever religion we chose to use it is up to our own choice. I'm raised in a shamanism family and I see that what we have pratice for so many years is good for us because it makes sense to us. But one thing that I'm strongly believe is "what goes around comes around" (doing good will recieve good and doing bad will recieve bad). No one can't save us from our sin because it is a debt that we need to pay regardless (apply to people that believe life after dead).

I respect all religions because it is a like philosophy to make life more meaningful for people. I also agree with one of the memeber that religion should teach us to love, forgive and respect others. However, I just don't like the idea of putting other religion down because one thinks his/her religion is better. As I mentioned I don't think anyone of us had die or born with past memory to remember which one is better or the right religion.

But one thing I always hear from Christianism is that God is the father of everyone on Earth, but he only forgive people who believe in him. This statement always raise a question in mind that if god is the father of everyone then he should forgive everyone who believe or doesn't believe in him and punished those that doing bad to others and save those that are doing good. A good father is to love all his children regarless if they believe him or not as long as they don't hurt other, he will help them. But a father who only love the children that follow his words and do what he says and he will protect them regarless if they are doing bad things to other; careless about the children that are doing good thing just that they don't believe in him which I'm not sure if he is the true father of everyone...therefore True God will forgive people who believe or don't believe in him and protect them as long as they are good people...

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
I have been thinking for sometime before respond to this post. Like some of you said this is an interesting and sinsitive topic. I also agree with many of you that every religions is good as long as we believe in it. I haven't see actual proof of all so it is difficult to believe everything is 100% true. Every religion raise question in people's mind and I think it is okay since we never experience it. I have never die and coming back to live so I can't say what I believe it 100% true, but I think it is reasonable to have religion to help explain many things that science can't explain and whichever religion we chose to use it is up to our own choice. I'm raised in a shamanism family and I see that what we have pratice for so many years is good for us because it makes sense to us. But one thing that I'm strongly believe is "what goes around comes around" (doing good will recieve good and doing bad will recieve bad). No one can't save us from our sin because it is a debt that we need to pay regardless (apply to people that believe life after dead).

I respect all religions because it is a like philosophy to make life more meaningful for people. I also agree with one of the memeber that religion should teach us to love, forgive and respect others. However, I just don't like the idea of putting other religion down because one thinks his/her religion is better. As I mentioned I don't think anyone of us had die or born with past memory to remember which one is better or the right religion.

But one thing I always hear from Christianism is that God is the father of everyone on Earth, but he only forgive people who believe in him. This statement always raise a question in mind that if god is the father of everyone then he should forgive everyone who believe or doesn't believe in him and punished those that doing bad to others and save those that are doing good. A good father is to love all his children regarless if they believe him or not as long as they don't hurt other, he will help them. But a father who only love the children that follow his words and do what he says and he will protect them regarless if they are doing bad things to other; careless about the children that are doing good thing just that they don't believe in him which I'm not sure if he is the true father of everyone...therefore True God will forgive people who believe or don't believe in him and protect them as long as they are good people...[/b]

I love this part right here. It's what I've been thinking for a while now but couldn't really sum it up as good as you and I agree on everything you said.

Theist23

sarNie Egg
But one thing I always hear from Christianism is that God is the father of everyone on Earth, but he only forgive people who believe in him. This statement always raise a question in mind that if god is the father of everyone then he should forgive everyone who believe or doesn't believe in him and punished those that doing bad to others and save those that are doing good.
Is that so? I think you have been misinformed. Scripture teach that we become children of God only when we receive Him - John 1:12. In one sense, God is the creator of all people. However, in another sense, He is only a Father to those who receive Him.

Interestingly, the Jews also claim God to be their father--the same God of the Old Testament of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob as their forefathers. You can read this in John 8:41-45. The question is, were they right to make such claim? No, not according to Jesus. Jesus say to the Jews "If God were your Father, you would love me" - Unbelievers never are the people of God. On the contrary, they are lost sinners, an enemy of God in their mind. The Jews at the time were also lost.

We as Christians are children of God - Roman 8:14-17. We were once lost just like the rest of mankind thus making us not children of God. But there was a point in our life when God called us to salvation and adopted us as His sons and daughters. So scripturally, Jesus grant believers the power to become sons and daughters of God. This mean that you people are not sons and daughters before you can receive Him. Are you born again? :lolyup:

A good father is to love all his children regarless if they believe him or not as long as they don't hurt other, he will help them. But a father who only love the children that follow his words and do what he says and he will protect them regarless if they are doing bad things to other; careless about the children that are doing good thing just that they don't believe in him which I'm not sure if he is the true father of everyone...
No, I just refute your claim. Anyway, where in scripture does it say that?

therefore True God will forgive people who believe or don't believe in him and protect them as long as they are good people...
Your conclusion does not follow your unsupported premise. You only want to say what you want to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.