Storage space

mskinyi

im looking to buy more space for my computer... and the thing is im comtemplating on which one has better working quality... an internal or external... are there any differences between the two???

.diane.

Media Fanatic
up to you sweetie. i personally prefer an external because you just plug it in and viola! however, they are pricer than the internal. i use my external especially when i go to my sister's house to bring her new movies and so fourth. great for backups. ^_^

not much in differences they work the same. storage space lol. if this is your first one, and you lean towards an internal make sure you have someone set it up for you. i hate worse case is to open up your computer and maybe fry it by shocking it and don't forget to set this new one as a slave. ;)

this is sad myself..i have two internals that are 160gb and two externals that are 320gbs :ph34r:

mskinyi

thanks for the suggestion... my first choice was actually the external, since you could "travel" with it hehe anyhoo urmmm what do you mean by set it as a slave??? haha sowwie its 4:06 in the morning and my mind is kind of slow :sweat:

.diane.

Media Fanatic
well your computer's main harddrive is going to be master and whichever harddrive you chose should be set as a slave. it's very easy if you get the external. when you plug it into the computer, it might ask you to format (rare occassions) but most times it'll just say it's ready for you and open the drive up if you have windows explorer. very very easy if you get an external. :D

mskinyi

o0o0o keke i understand now lols... anyhoo thank you sooo much for the help diane... you're sooo awesome! lols