What do you think of people buying our singer/actor/actress from abroad?

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Don't you ever wonder what happen to the talented actor/actress/singers back then. And we always find out someone married them and brought them over to America.

So the movies they appear in and MV are just to infomercial them to the Hmong American's to pick from and marry?

I don't think it's fair to just pull them off the market. They were talented and could had gone further...that includes...Maiv Neeb Thoj, Dawb Thoj, Cua Yaj (Yaj), there's more but I don't have them in mind right now.

Anyhow...if they were still in their career back in Lao/Thailand, I think they would had taught the newer generation to act and sing better.

Aria

sarNie Hatchling
Last I heard, Mai Neng Thao is giving out singing lessons in Wausau. Saw a flyer in the Hmong store on Thomas.

For some artists, they stop with their careers but some still sings.

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
i hear that any hmong girl that is pretty (in laos and thailand), they ask them to act or sing. one of my cousins, in laos, was asked to become an actress but her dad wouldn't let her because she would have to go to thailand plus the acting et. al. that was before she got married. also my mom met this HTT/MTT girl that just came to america and she said that when she was still single (married now), she was approached to act too but her parents wouldnt let her. she is very pretty too.

oh and i've met mab sua lis and mai neng thao in wisconsin and minnesota. i hear hnub lis is living in MN with her hubby (Chapaleon) and is prego.

cua yaj is like, a long time ago. back in the 90s. i think the older singers like cua yaj, amenda lee, bao lee, song vang, and etc. if they wanted to come back they probably could. i've seen song vang performing every now and then tho.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Once they're married, it's never the same though. I think the actor/actress/singer should just be left alone doing what they do best before they think of marriage. For Hmong people they always think if they don't get marry now then it's too late or they're too old.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
idk about hmong peeps but i'll defintely buy (if i could ever n this world) korean stars ^_^ :wub: hehe, oops sorry kinda a bit off topic!

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
For me personally I don't like buying someone. It's a very sad sight. But people's desire can get the best of them.

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
It's their fault for selling themselves
for so little...
...then again, I hate those who willingly
go there for young girls!
I hate both sides!!!
It's the old ppl who flashed money in the
faces of the young ppl in thailand,
who so desperately wanted the money as well,
and waited at airports...