53rd filmfare awards

shivanikanna

sarNie Egg
Aamir, Shah Rukh, Kareena win Filmfare awards

Superstar Aamir Khan on Saturday night won the Filmfare Best Director Award for Taare Zameen Par, which was also adjudged the best film, while Shah Rukh Khan (Chak De! India) and Kareena Kapoor (Jab We Met) won the awards for the Best Leading Actors in the male and female categories respectively.

The glittering 53rd Fair One Filmfare Awards ceremony at the Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai went on till the wee hours of Sunday. It was here attended by leading Bollywood celebrities.

The Critics' Award for Best Film went to Shimit Amin's Chak De! India. The film also won the Best Cinematography Award. In the Critics' Award series, Tabu was named the best actress for Cheeni Kum and child artist Darsheel Safari (Taare Zammen Par) was named the Best Actor.

Rishi Kapoor got a standing ovation as he won the Lifetime Achievement Award.

While the Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) went to Irrfan Khan for Life In A Metro, the Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female) award went to Konkana Sen Sharma for the same film.

AR Rahman bagged the award for best music in Guru and also for the best background score. In the Critics' Award series, Tabu was named the best actress for Cheeni Kum and child artist Darsheel Safari (Taare Zammen Par) was named the Best Actor.

Smita Thackeray who is accompanied by David Dhawan, announces the next award for Best Male Singer.

While Shaan (Jabse Tere Naina from Saawariya) was named the best male singer, Shreya Ghoshal (Barso Re from Guru) was adjudged the best female singer.

The Best Lyrics Award was won by Prasoon Joshi (Ma from Taare Zameen Par).

The Best Story Award went to Amol Gupte for Taare Zameen Par, the award for the best screenplay went to Anurag Basu for Life In A Metro, and Imtiaz Ali was honoured for the best dialogue (Jab We Met).

Deepila Padukone of Om Shanti Om won the Fresh Face of the Year Award as well as the Best Female Debutante, while the Best Male Debutant Award went to Ranbir Kapoor (Saawariya).

HINDUSTAN TIMES

u can watch redcarpet photos here

http://photogallery.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2808217.cms

u can watch all photos at this site

http://www.filmicafe.com/photo_event_image...p?cat_id=1& ; ; ;subcat_id=2&event_id=638&sort=view

cecilia

Staff member
WOW! Darsheel Safari (Taare Zammen Par) was named the Best Actor.
must be the youngest actor to win in that category, i have not seen the
film yet but heard alot of good review on this b/c it's aamir's debut film.

CONGRATS to all winners ^^ thanks for sharing

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
The filmfare this year was very nice, but I didn't really like the performances!!!! My favorite performance was Kareena and she looked very beatiful!!! I love Srk and Saif hosting, they were so funny!!! Congrat to all the winners!!!!