Beautiful Love: Completed

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
Chapter 19: Happily Ever After

[Samantha]

We arrived at prom a little early before the sunset. Eve wanted major pictures of all of us. It kind of felt weird having a friend as your date. Eve was gushing over how handsome Dan looked. She’d text me every 5 minutes. I was looking through the list of nominees for Prom Queen and I saw my name.

“Who nominated me?”

“I did.” said Eve.

“Why?”

“Just cuz…..”

I signed my name and voted for other girls since I couldn’t vote for myself. I voted Adam as Prom King though. We went inside and it was set up beautifully. The Dj was already playing music and Eve was the first person to the dance floor. Her and Dan were both dancers. They would be a good match if they were dating.

Adam and I took a boat ride and took pictures of the scenery surrounding us.

“You doing okay?” Adam asked me during the boat ride.

“Yeah, I am. Why? I don’t look okay?”

“No, I’m just asking…… I never got a chance to tell you this but you look nice today..”

“Thanks Adam. You look nice yourself.”

“I know. I look good everyday.”

The boat had stopped and we got off. Eve and Dan saved us a seat at their table.

“Where did you guys go?” Eve asked.

“We took a boat ride.”

“Oh, wanna do that later Dan?”

“Sure.”

“You two seem to be getting along very well.”

Dan smiled at Eve, “Eve’s a fun girl to be with.”

Adam smirked, “Fun? I think she’s annoying.”

“Shut up Adam! You’re the annoying one.”

Once again, Adam and Eve argued again.

“Are they always like this?” Dan asked.

“Pretty much.”

-----------------------

It was around 10 p.m. and it was time to announce the Prom King and Queen. Everyone gathered to the dance floor, anxious to see who was the winner. Adam was confident that he was gonna win. I wasn’t. Heck, I didn’t really care if I win or not.

“And the prom queen for 2010 is……….Samantha Parnrawech.”

“Oh my gosh, Sam, you’ve won!”

Are you serious? I won for prom queen. Unbelievable. I walked to the stage and they put the tiara on me. I smiled so I wouldn’t look stupid.

“And for prom king of 2010 is……Adam Sophakit.”

Adam walked to the stage all smiling and they put the crown on him After that, we went to the dance floor and had our dance. Knowing how Adam was, I didn’t know he knew how to dance especially to a slow song.

After that song was over, I walked over to the gazebo and sat there.

“There you are.”

I turned around, it was Dan.

“Why are you sitting over here by yourself and not in there dancing?”

“I just wanted some fresh air.”

“Congratulations by the way.”

“Thanks.”

I can hear another slow song from inside.

“May I have this dance?” Dan asked, reaching his hand out.

“Sure.”

We dance under the gazebo. If Dan was my boyfriend, I would say this was a little romantic.

“Eve told me about you and this Chace guy.”

“She did?”

“Yeah, I got suspicious when I asked you how were you doing, you just replied you were doing okay. So I asked Eve and she told me.”

I kept quiet since it was in a long time I hadn’t talked about Chace.

“I know you pretend nothing is going on but I know you Sam I know when you’re sad.”

“Mr. Dan, you seem to know me too well.”

“Of course. I bet I can tell you what you’re thinking right now.”

“What am I thinking then?”

“You’re thinking about Chace. You wish he was here dancing under the gazebo with you.”

I nodded, “Yeah, pretty much. You know he was the best thing that had happen to me. He made me smile everyday and he made me forget all about Troy during that time.”

“You miss him don’t you?”

“So much. There’s not a day where I don’t miss him.”

“I miss you too Samantha…..”

I froze when I heard that voice. That familiar voice I haven’t heard in a long time. I slowly turned around and there he was standing there, wearing his tuxedo, smiling his perfect smile at me.

“Is that him?” Dan whispered.

“Chace” I sad to myself.

He walked closer to me, “May I cut in?”

“Sure” Dan said. “I’ll see you inside Sam.”

After Dan left, Chace reached out his hand, “May I have this dance?”

I took his hand and we danced again under the gazebo.

“Chace, what are you doing here? I thought you were traveling with your parents.”

“I was but I couldn’t miss my senior prom. I miss you Sam.”

I hugged him, “I miss you too.”

“When I was in Canada, I tried picturing my life without you and I couldn’t. My life wouldn’t be complete without you in it. My grandma knew how bad I felt leaving you here so she decided she didn’t want to travel with my parents so she decided to move back and she asked my parents if she can be my guardian while my parents travel.”

“You mean, you’re staying here?”

Chace nodded, “Yeah, and this time, I’m not going anywhere.”

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“Oh wait, I start college in the fall at UC Irvine though.”

He smiled, “Well if you didn’t know, I applied to Irvine too and I got accepted so I’ll be seeing you there too.”

I smiled and he kissed me. This kiss was better than the kiss on Christmas Day.

“I love you Samantha.”

“I love you too Chace.”

We kissed again and he swept me off my feet and I didn’t want to come back down. Although I won prom queen, I felt like a princess tonight and Chace was my prince charming. My prince that I’ve been waiting for a very long time……

n_naruk

TOOMTAM :: CHALiDA
I'm such a sensitive freak. When Chace spoke & Sam knowing that it was him. I got all teary again. This is like the cutest story ever!! And a beautiful ending...what a beautiful love story!