[Mainland] Loving, Never Forgetting

fun

Expired Sarnie
The more I hear about Lawyer Xiang, the more I fear for myself. Can you believe it that I can tolerate nang rai more than pra rai? 

I know Wu Tong crushes on Li Zhong Mou, but there was not that moment of hesitation or that hurtful feeling when you are called by another female name and then he makes a move on you. I just wish she had that 2 sec of doubt before diving in. 

Haha I notice the phone too. He's so rich I expect him to have a more modern phone. Flip phone is so ancient.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
fun said:
The more I hear about Lawyer Xiang, the more I fear for myself. Can you believe it that I can tolerate nang rai more than pra rai? 

I know Wu Tong crushes on Li Zhong Mou, but there was not that moment of hesitation or that hurtful feeling when you are called by another female name and then he makes a move on you. I just wish she had that 2 sec of doubt before diving in. 

Haha I notice the phone too. He's so rich I expect him to have a more modern phone. Flip phone is so ancient.
When I first watched it, the flip phone made me think that there were two different time settings. I noticed that Zhong Muo's girlfriend (forgot her name) used an iphone to record Tong Tong and thought that it was a mistake with the production.  :coverlaf:  Then I realized that the time setting is in the present and for some awkward reason, Zhong Muo and Wu Tong are the only ones with old phones. I honestly don't understand why Zhong Muo is using a flip phone. I thought perhaps it's because he likes a simple life since he had a hard time growing up but as we got deeper into the story, I really felt like there was no explanation for the flip phone. 

saki

sarNie Adult
I just started watching this recently. This is the first time I've seen Tong Li Ya in anything and she seems like a real nang ek all proper and harassed lol  Really pretty girl! The last time I saw Jerry was in Meteor Garden which I liked so I decided to check this out. So far this looks good and their kid is really cute. :) I'm just getting used to the dubs because I'm not used to Chinese series yet.

saki

sarNie Adult
cecilia said:

But I like Peter Ho's portrayal .. he played the role well as a vengeful and crazy man.

Yeah, Peter was really good in Le Jun Kai he got me real angry lol That's when you know his acting worked. I was also scared for Janine's character Ye Zi every time he'd get mad. His voice and face were very convincing.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
So is this one worth watching on? I picked it up because everyone was saying how good it was and the Eng subs were done, but as with all Mainland dramas, the dubbing drives me up the wall, even when they're done well (although when that happens, it's less annoying) because how are you going to determine if they're good actors/actresses if you can't even judge them on the delivery of their lines? Everything always happens so fast that SO MANY THINGS have to happen in the drama just so it can keep going. Haven't they ever heard of slowing down the pace and developing plots so it doesn't seem like during the course of one drama, the leads go through a gazillion traumatizing/life-changing events? By episode 4 or 5, I kind of stopped caring about the drama, but I kept going just because I wanted to know what happened in the past. For some reason, I was under the impression that LZM and WT had been in a relationship, so for the whole beginning, I kept thinking he had suffered a small amnesia. I was really turned off when I heard the truth. I'm on 10, 11, or 12 right now - early teen episodes at least - and it feels like it's going nowhere, so I don't know if I even want to continue. Things are happening, but nothing's happening. I don't even want to watch it in fast-forward mode, that's how uninterested I am. It does seem like LZM's feelings developed out of nowhere, but I think his attraction to WT is how maternal she is, which is the exact opposite of his mother. I was skeptical of Lawyer Xiang in the beginning and I continue to remain skeptical of him with a smattering of annoyance now included. He's nice, but how much of his kindness is truly because he's kind or because he expects something in return? I feel like his only attraction to WT is because he realized early on that she's [still] in love with LZM and it looks like LZM is reciprocating it without realizing it. And I get that he had a bad childhood, but blame that on his dad and LZM's mom. At least he was a wanted child, regardless of how he never really spent time with his dad. LZM has it worse, but Lawyer Xiang is always going on about "poor me and my pitiful, lonely past." LZM had a worse past, but he doesn't use it to excuse any of his flaws or to seek sympathy. As for WT, I can't decide if she's a good mom or a negligent one. Her life is understandably a mess, but she's so absent-minded and such a pushover that I don't even know how she made it this far in life. She's so weak and fragile I feel like she'd fall over or break in two if someone breathed on her. I understand her plight, but I feel like she makes bad decisions, so I can't whole-heartedly feel bad for her because she kind of put herself in the situations she gets into, like the "evidence" LZM presented in court where she's seen dressed up and mistaken for a drunken call girl. Lawyer Xiang's all like "why didn't you tell me about those pictures?" And I was thinking to myself, "One, how would she know, and two, you were the one who put her in that situation in the first place, forcing a single mother to dress up and attend a party with you when you knew she was embroiled in a custody battle, so as a supposed successful lawyer, you're the one who ruined your own case." Because of that, I couldn't tell at first if Lawyer Xiang had purposefully done it so Wu Tong would lose the case. He had to have known LZM would have people following her. It's Lawyer 101. And even if he's her last hope, WT should have never gone with him. Never trust someone who starts your relationship with conditions. And there are so many other similar things that I find just as irritating if not more.

So yeah...worth continuing or not?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Truthfully, I continued on with the drama because of Jerry hahaha.. though I must say I took a pause on this drama when I watched the teaser for the next episode I was supposed to be on... because I was feeling like... "y'all really gonna throw in this crap to mess with my shipping??? nahhh.. I ain't gonna take that."  Plus, I knew that I was going to be seeing the annoying lawyer more and more.. and the teaser wasn't helping it... sigh. 

I think the drama could be better though if yes, there was more character development.  Like we knew WT always liked LZM.. but LZM's interest for WT really came out of no where... but I feel that it is based on her mother-figure too.

I'm kind of happy that I paused when there was no subs.. and I wouldn't have to picture the lawyer guy.. and just be satisfied with the happy LZM/WT interactions when it was still good.. *sniffsniff* Will pick it up again when school is less stressful or when I want to throw it in my drama batches I'm currently watching right now :p

fun

Expired Sarnie
@lenlin the same exact reason why I dropped this show but I finally picked up this drama again. Majority of Mainland actresses dont have that attraction lol I am not sure if it is bad acting or bad dubbing but TLY has ZERO facial expression. As the episode progress, I am placing Wu Tong the worse female character on my top 10 list. She has no mother instinct lol I am finding it difficult to understand why two guys will like her. She needs to stop being so nosy. I was on LZM side regarding her intervention of his relationship with the Xiang. She irritates me to the max!!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Oh lord I finally finish this trainwreck. It is official, WT is one of the worse heroine I have come across in Chinese drama. I will place her above Ruby Lin in Princess Pearl. Yeh someone finally beat Zi Wei on my list.

Lenin thank goodness you dropped this. I wouldnt continue if I were you. I only finished this out of curiousity, and to prove my point that this was a terribly written drama. The reconcilation of the two brothers was a big fat what the f*ckery. It made zero sense, how did everyone become so nice and forgiving!!!