[Movie] Space Brothers

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
When Mutta was 12-years-old and Hibito was 9-years-old the two brothers saw what they thought was an UFO flying towards the moon. They made a pact then to become astronauts and one day fly into space together.

Fast forward to the year 2025. Older brother Mutta (Shun Oguri) works as for an automotive company and his younger brother Hibito works as an astronaut. Although Mutta failed to follow through on his childhood promise, after losing his job, he receives a phone call from Hibito which reignites his childhood dream of flying into outer space ...
credit asianmediawiki

Originally watching this movie for both Oguri Shun and Okada Masaki, I fell in love with the storyline in the end.  Watching this movie, old dreams popped back into my head.. It makes me want to go rechase them.. *sniffsniff*  (I will one day.. :( )  Watching this movie gives you hope that you can succeed in grabbing your dreams if you put in the effort, and strongly clinging on to that dream.  It makes me realize that even if you're old or young, it's never too late to dream.

The movie had a great cast, everyone did especially well.  It was also really nice to see a cameo of Buzz Aldrin.. <-- Yes, the "Buzz Aldrin" who was the 2nd person step on the moon after Niel Armstrong.. It's also pretty cool that they actually had real astronauts in here too.. I've always been a fan of space... sighh... they made it so cool!

Some of my favorite scenes are when Muta goes chasing after Hibito's dog, and meets "Buzz" but he doesn't know that.. They see the space rocket launched off from the old control center building..  Another favorite scene is when Hibito regains consciousness and he sees the beautiful view of earth..  Ahhh.. I don't want to spoil.. 

This is a really touching movie to watch from my perspective..  I give it a 9 out of 10.  And of course I love the OST because it's Coldplay :p

Oh and I forgot to say that this movie is also based off an anime/manga as well :)

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I was going to watch this movie, but I thought it wasn't out yet. Is it out with English subs already?? I want to see it bad! 

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
OMG, I'm a big fan of Oguri Shun, Fell in love with him after Hana Yori Dango. I'll go watch this now. Thanks too. :)