sarNie Adult
3 year bump. :)

i LOVE LOVE the Sarinsin Bridge one!
OMG! i found out the title!!!!!

THANKS!!!!!

and P'Lee was always the best pick!!

herokitty

sarNie Egg
There was a Hmong dubbed old Chinese movie called "Errant Love (Ju san liang yi yi)" which my older cousin had and let me and my sister watch when we were kids. I remember the scenes in this movie till this day and remembered the songs were so sad! I finally found the actual movie on youtube. And it brought back old memories and the songs are still so good! The actress is just as beautiful as I remembered.

Synopsis:
Kao Han (Kenny Bee) and Pan Yun (Xiu-ling Lu or Shirley Liu Sau-Ling) meet for the first time as strangers in a pet shop. It is destiny that they meet a second time and Kao Han takes a chance in this second meeting to pursue Pan Yun. Pan Yun is reluctant to get involved with Kao Han because she still thinks about and love her late-husband and also her late-husband's niece, Ko Hiu (Lan-xi), is in love with Kao Han. Reluctantly Pan Yun falls for Kao Han but their love is not so easily obtained.

Video clips on youtube:
The song doesn't start until 5:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48hZnf2vyko

The part where the main actress leaves for America with her new husband, Her lost love comes to sing for her one last time at the airport as they leave. This is my favorite scene and the saddest part of the movie. I could watch this over and over again.
The scene doesn't start until 4:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXE6Cx69ipU

souless

sarNie Egg
Remember the old Thai, Chinese, and Indian movies that hmong dubb for? Well here's one, let's see if you can remember. I know those old movies were dubb by ST Universal, I tried finding them but no luck.

สะพานรักสารสิน (SARASIN BRIDGE)

Starring : Ron Bunjongsang and Jintara Sukkapat
Year : 1987
Genre : Romance

Synopsis:

There are no walls that can separate love between a man and a woman, but there are some parents who don’t understand, even though those parents have themselves been through the same feelings in their youth. To stop their children from loving is like pushing them to be more rebellious. Enough to elope if their love can not be realized in this life might as well die and meet again in the next life. Sarasin Bridge was their list meeting place. There are no walls that can prevent love.

***My Note***
I remember one part where they hid on an island, but her father found her and took her away and lock pra'ek. Later, they found each other near the bridge, she tied his cloth around them, and as her father and others approached they both jumped into the water together. My heart was drenching when their body wash up to shore, and finally her father realized their love, and told the others to leave them together and do not untie the cloth around their waist. :wavecry:
i love that movie. su thao has the best dubb team out there.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
gosh those were like all my fave movies when i was a kid...

i loved Sarasin Bridge and Koo Gum..

i still say that he is my fav. KOBORI!!!...

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i remember the indian movie! the one with the ghost mother!

that is the one with Rishi Kapoor, right?

AND DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER THE ONE WHERE RISHI KAPOOR WAS IN,
AND I THINK IT WAS THE FIRST MOVIE THAT I SAW SHAH RUK KHAN.

remember!???
where Rishi Kapoor was beat up by bad guys and he fell over the cliff,
so his wife thought he was dead and she later married bada** Shah Ruk Khan.
but then towards the end Rishi Kapoor isnt dead and then comes back.
but in the end, i think he died. so his wife and SRK ended up together.

anyone remember this movie??? it was totally dubbed in hmong.
one of the best indian movie ive seen.

-------------------------------------------------

switching region, y'all remember 'Somebody Up There Likes Me', right?
the one where Aaron Kwok is the boxer and Carmen Lee is his gf.
i liked the song that the hmong vhs had. remember that instrumental song?
i cant find it any where :(

anyways. sorry for my long rant.
P'Lee and Nong Da is still the best!!! ahahaha.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
remember!???
where Rishi Kapoor was beat up by bad guys and he fell over the cliff,
so his wife thought he was dead and she later married bada** Shah Ruk Khan.
but then towards the end Rishi Kapoor isnt dead and then comes back.
but in the end, i think he died. so his wife and SRK ended up together.

anyone remember this movie??? it was totally dubbed in hmong.
one of the best indian movie ive seen.
yea, i have that movie!

Kelly

I love oldies....man I read this whole thread....ik every movie being mentioned lol i must have no life! LOL