TAI

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
The Dai (or the Thai peoples of China, also called Dai Lue) is the officially recognized name of an ethnic group living in Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture and the Dehong Dai and Jingpo Autonomous Prefecture (both in southern Yunnan Province of China), and also in Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, and Myanmar.

The Dai people form one of the 56 ethnic groups officially recognized by the People's Republic of China, and are closely related to the Thai people who form a majority in Thailand.They all are Tai languages, a group of related languages that includes Thai, Lao, and Zhuang, and part of the Tai-Kadai language family (Sino-Tibetan group of languages). The Dai peoples follow their traditional religion as well as Theravada Buddhism, and maintain similar customs and festivals (such as Songkran, the April water-splashing festival) to the other Tai-speaking peoples. They are among the few natives groups in China who nominally practice the Theravada school of Buddhism (Wikipedia).

The Thais originated from an ethnic goup known as Tai, who were the forebears of people found in Central Southeast Asia today. These includes the Dai or Tai Leu (LUE) in Yunnan, the Shan in Myanmar, the Lao (especially Northern Laos), the Tai Yai (Northern thais), and the Siamese (central and Southern Thai) and total of more than 90 million people(simply-thai.com). Not to mention that Tai or Dai can been seen in the USA, UK, France, Australia. Basically all over the world.

Not matter what you think,if you are Thai (Siamese), Tai Yai (Chiang Mai-Northern Thailand), Lao, Shan (Burmese), your ancester or history originated from TAI or DAI in Sipsongbanna (Yunnan Province). Thus you are related (BIN (PIN) PEE NONG GUN).

I know that some of you don't care or find this boring (some may find it to be interesting), but I thought this was interesting to know or have a knowledge about your own history! Feel free to add comments or upload musics, movies, etc

dfemc

sarNie Adult
it's interesting that u brought this up. i've never fully solidified my knowledge on this yet, despite my readings on southeast asia.

but shan boys in inle lake are hawt, i must say :) (on a v. shallow note that is)