Thai Women Traditional Clothing

Sain

sarNie Juvenile
Is there anyone in this forum that lives in Thailand and knows where the below outfits could be bought and roughly how much it will cost?

I found a few sites online selling Thai traditional clothing but they don't have these outfits. I want the exact outfits above; same materials and so forth. The outfits that are made here in the US don't even come close to these outfits in terms of style, materials used and so on. I will truly appreciate if anyone could please help me! My sister-in-laws and I are dying to buy these breath taking, drop dead gorgeous dresses! We want the real thing!

fun

Expired Sarnie
How can the material be different when they are imported from Thailand to the US? There are some that tailors here in the US but most of them are imported. And even if they were made in the US, the materials are most likely 90% imported from Thailand as well.

It will be much more difficult to find the exact replica of a dress that is sported by a celebrity unless it was from a catalog.

The best suggestion to what you want is go to a tailor shop that specialize in Thai/Lao clothing and bring a picture of the dress you desire. They will have you look at patterns that you like. As far as for the material, I am sure there is not much a difference from what you see. Maybe it just looks more glamorous on a celebrity that is why you think that way. But there is a difference when it comes to price. Some patterns are more pricey.

Sain

sarNie Juvenile
What I meant was, the sellers/tailors here may have about the same fabric/materials for the skirt but as for the top and shawl, they don't have it. That's why I'm asking if anyone in here lives in Thailand would know which stores/tailor shops in Thailand that sells it. They may not have the exact same outfit for sell but I'm sure they have the materials in oder to make the outfit in the first place for celebrities to wear.

No, it's not because it looks more glamorous on the celebrities that's why I think that way. The outfit itself looks good without looking at the celebrity or knowing which celebrity is wearing it. There is a difference between the outfits made here and in Thailand and it's just not the materials. It's the style. I don't see a complete finished outfit that comes even close to the above outfits, at least not where I'm from.

The cost do not matter to me. I just want to know roughly how much it will cost to buy a complete outfit as shown above that's all.

fun

Expired Sarnie
That is why I recommend you to go to a tailor shop that specialize in Thai clothing. You can bring in a picture, the person will make the same design and if not, a similar one to it. You can even pick your own pattern and type of fabrics. I am sure any tailor shop will suffice as long as they specialize in Thai/Lao clothing.