Lao Superstition

vannitda

sarNie Hatchling
Reagan said:
anybody heard of when you put your hands on your chest when sleeping allows ghost to go into you? its happen to me putting my hands on my chest and my body froze and stuff, but its proven that your body can sleep but mind is still awake, but then again I did have my hands on my chest
[post="119199"][/post]​
i believe in this one because it also happened to me. but is not just your hand is your THUMB. if you put your thumb on your chest while sleep your body freeze and it alones the sprite to enter your body and can control you...to stop it you bite your tonge.

i have more..

~dont eat out of the pot or else you would a hard time giving birth
~Dont comment loudly when seeing something on the road because it will follow you home. (i really believe in this one)

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
another to add

don;t say anything bad about other people's children when you are pregnant because it will go into your child

Saifah

bite me x___
laos people be coming with all these crazy shit.... and most of them are true. i think so because sleeping with your hands on your chest is one thing i know is true.

arissa

sarNie Elites
i have another ones to add
don't wash the dishes at night because you will wash away luck, money etc in real life

don't shower at night when you are pregnant because you will lose the baby

cuting hair on a wednesday is bad luck

if your right eye twitches its bad luck and when the left eye twiches its good luck

dreaming of a snake means a husband or a guy really likes you

dreaming of someone giving you jewellery means a baby is expecting

when the dog howls it means a ghost is around
OH MY GOSH ..some of this is sooo true....Like dreaming of a snake wrapping around you...u will meet ur soul mate...Because I dreamt about a snake(1997)...and couple months later I met a guy..who is now my husband (married in 2002). I also had a dream that someone gave me a BIG bag of gold, than I became pregnant and has just given birth 2 months ago...

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
last night i dreamt about snakes, (one even bit me on the hand) but there was lots of them green ones, black ones brown ones, some where like all over my leg...freaky!!

oh no does that mean i will have lots of husbands....lol (hope not)

donna

sarNie Adult
don't hit someone on the head cuz it'll cuz them to pee on the bead

oh my friend told me this one. don't say that the baby is cute. u have to say like "sung na mun" like say opposite what u mean cuz it'll affect the baby in some way. this one is kinda weird for me. don't really understand it

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol dude some of these superstitions are scary =x

If You See Something In The Road Don't Say It Outloud or it Will Follow You Home

My Dad is the Laos in the family and he really believes that .. one time we were coming home from a party at my uncles and the house is in the upper hills and I "thought" I saw something and I was like dad whats ..."shut up" my dad says before I even finished .. we got home and he told me about that bleh i was kind scared... =x

and the other one about the ....

Don't Take pictures at night or you will have extra "things" in there that you don't want

Don't take pictures of 3 people like sisters or else you the three will move far away from each other

Those are the Kinds that I get told... from my mommy though ... shes mainly cambodian and thai but she is more laos oriented... so we get alot of things from her =x

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
My mom told me some of those.

Here are some others that I think it hasn't been mentioned yet.

If your feet itches, it means you want to kick someone's arse
Never raise your feet at an adult, cause it's 'barb' and you will have a huge feet. (I wear size 10, lol)
At a house that is holding a funeral 'ehun huen dee', do not eat pumpkin or it's seeds because the dead person will wake up and eat with you.

That's all I can remember.

alby

sarNie Hatchling
What is the story behind calling little kids "doggies" (e-ma)? Because my Laos god-mother always call her one year old, little doggies. Is there a superstition behind that?

noungning

Heartless
What is the story behind calling little kids "doggies" (e-ma)? Because my Laos god-mother always call her one year old, little doggies. Is there a superstition behind that?
hahaha i doubt there is any superstition behind that lol... they just think it's cute... like ppl calling their love ones hunny, babe, and etc. :lol:

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
i dream about snakes, yellow ones that love me, i dream about being wealthy, much owealthy..but i'm still single and eh pretty broke. HAAH

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
last night i dreamt about snakes, (one even bit me on the hand) but there was lots of them green ones, black ones brown ones, some where like all over my leg...freaky!!

oh no does that mean i will have lots of husbands....lol (hope not)
uh oh Kit my dear, kuerh mah fun tuerng poo-sai lai tae huh??? ja mee poua lai lae....lmfao... jk u know what that means righty? ur going to have alot to chooose from and hard time picking because ur so pretty that's why but then one's going to shine most from them .......... uh ohh Kit jurh Nuea Koo Leaw, tell me whens the wedding k, i wanna join....lol :p

oh my friend told me this one. don't say that the baby is cute. u have to say like "sung na mun" like say opposite what u mean cuz it'll affect the baby in some way. this one is kinda weird for me. don't really understand it
so that they wont see ghosts or spirits............ that's what i heard, they like to go mess with the cute ones........

Don't take pictures of 3 people like sisters or else you the three will move far away from each other
True Tina, the 3 peeps i use to take pictures with me, they're all so far away from me....even if one's just my neice i still love her like she's one of us :)

i dunno anything about the name calling doggie but then that sounds funny, maybe i should start calling my little girl that.....lmfao

i dream about snakes, yellow ones that love me, i dream about being wealthy, much owealthy..but i'm still single and eh pretty broke. HAAH
everything must been oppostie for u then girl.......good luck with everything Sah!!!!!!! ;)

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
sleep with the blanket over your feet, or else the ghost will pull you down...(i believe it lol)...
umm, i think you guys pretty much got it covered haha...oh, and if ur kid or a kid starts tlkin to someone who isnt there, put out food or something to show that your welcoming them or showing respect..something like that lol..and i know, it could be an imaginary friend, but thats what my grandma tld me lol (my brother once lied about seeing someone so that my grandma wld put out food, but then he wld leave in the middle of the night to go and eat it hahah, i caught him =])

Ashi

sarNie Hatchling
dang that freaky i, laos but never heard about these thing and omg most of it seem true freaky

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
uh oh Kit my dear, kuerh mah fun tuerng poo-sai lai tae huh??? ja mee poua lai lae....lmfao... jk u know what that means righty? ur going to have alot to chooose from and hard time picking because ur so pretty that's why but then one's going to shine most from them .......... uh ohh Kit jurh Nuea Koo Leaw, tell me whens the wedding k, i wanna join....lol :p
yeah no worries, i will make sure you will be there...:p

Vanida

Save World Save Life
haha very interesting laso superstition yea whistle at night i did that alot of times lol

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
anybody heard of when you put your hands on your chest when sleeping allows ghost to go into you? its happen to me putting my hands on my chest and my body froze and stuff, but its proven that your body can sleep but mind is still awake, but then again I did have my hands on my chest
wow, everytime i think about putting my hands on my chest when i sleep, it eventually happens and I hate that feeling. Like I want to wake up, but I can for the longest time. I went to Laos two years ago, and it seemed like this was a true superstition because I heard voices and saw an image. My sister had to wake me up because i was shaking and it scared her. In the morning I told my parents I saw an image of a man with a bald head, and my dad told me that that's what his brother looked like. And his brother died years back. Totally freaked me out.

katarina

sarNie Egg
dang that freaky i, laos but never heard about these thing and omg most of it seem true freaky
correction, u are kon Lao not Laos, that's the country dear. ohh and if u never heard of any of this, do u not live with ur parents? i bet u've been living in america or where-ever it is too long to have not know this huh? lol jk jk :yahoo:

saobomp

sarNie Adult
sorry if i'm repeating b/c i didnt read the first page but just wanted to share some:

always was told not to rest your hand/arm on your forehead b/c that's a sign of stress or thinkin too much

when ur left/right eyebrow twitches; right is good and left is bad usually pull ur eyebrow to see if it come out even or odd(even is bad and odd is good)

when ur eating or drinking water and you sneese/choke on something; someone is talking/thinking of u

the snake dreams; usually mean there will be guys/girls likeing you or will come around

dog names; dogs are consider cute so it's okay to call them that b/c pbeng ta sung but dont compare to monkey b/c it's ugly they say

your bed should be turn the same way the room/house not othe opposite(kuong)

if u dream of touch kee; u'll get money somehow

if u dream that u wash it away means u will loose some mula

if u dream that u cut your hair; badluck

if u dream that someone asked to come live with you; ur pregnant or someone close will be

if u dream that someone comes and say good bye; they will die

if someone is mark when they die and that same mark is on a new born child that is close family, they think it's the same person that came to reborn

so of it for now...

chi chi

sarNie Juvenile
Wow! Never heard of alot of these superstitions. Well one I know for sure iss

If you dream that you have long pretty hair, you will have good luck and fortune coming your way!!

This actually happen to me when I was 21!! Another one is if you're married and pee on bed or pee on your husband, that the relation will not last! I also experienced this--at first I didn't believed it when my cousin did and her marriage didn't last and I experienced it myself when I peed in bed while I was married and my relationship did not last!!